Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food & Dining (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Fresh Veggies (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1323)

Isaac-Saxxon 05-04-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720
Thank you for your concern but my glucose is fine. I had mine checked. I just like good food. It's better than fast food.

I had mine checked and then went out and had some fried bream and hush dogs to boot. Oh and some fired squash and taters. Lipid panel ought to be looking good now :nono: :nono:

piemaker720 05-04-2007 06:05 PM

You go IS. That sounds pretty durn good. Ain't nothing like fried bream.

Pocahontas 05-04-2007 08:50 PM

How about some new potatoes and sweet corn...Yum! Oh and don't forget the yellow squash. Broiled in the oven with some butter and parmesan cheese or steamed with onions in the microwave or pan fried with onions and a little teriyaki sauce??:yes:

Texasbelle 05-04-2007 08:53 PM

Me thinks we should have dinner at Pokie's house one night, Isaac's another, and on and on we go until we've made the rounds. You folks all know how to feed well.:clap: :clap: :clap:

piemaker720 05-04-2007 08:56 PM

That sounds right good. New potatoes in a white gravey with a pon of cornbread and fried okrie. Yum

piemaker720 05-08-2007 08:50 AM

I got a new veggie for you fried cabbage. Anyone interested?

Isaac-Saxxon 05-08-2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

I got a new veggie for you fried cabbage. Anyone interested?

I can eat cabbage raw but cooked well it stinks :eek: I am sure fried it would be as good as it gets ;)

purpahurl 05-08-2007 09:20 AM

New food

How about fried turnips? They have to be little, smaller than a baseball. Slice them thicker than a potato chip, fry them in olive oil. They are sweet like sugar.

piemaker720 05-08-2007 09:25 AM

This is it one last time:
Take 1 head of cabbage cut in strips. Set aside. In a boiler fry some bacon crispy. Set bacon aside. In the bacon drippings you add the cabbage stir well. add chopped onion, salt and pepper. Cover cook until tender. Add the bacon crushed up the last 10 minutes of cooking. You do not add water.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-08-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

This is it one last time:
Take 1 head of cabbage cut in strips. Set aside. In a boiler fry some bacon crispy. Set bacon aside. In the bacon drippings you add the cabbage stir well. add chopped onion, salt and pepper. Cover cook until tender. Add the bacon crushed up the last 10 minutes of cooking. You do not add water.

Just add five Lipitor :D

Texasbelle 05-08-2007 10:01 AM

Those Lipitor are only for old men carrying extra baggage up front!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflol: :rotflol: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

piemaker720 05-08-2007 10:03 AM

Good one Belle:clap: :clap: :clap:

Isaac-Saxxon 05-08-2007 10:15 AM

[quote=Texasbelle]Those Lipitor are only for old men carrying extra baggage up front!:laugh: :laugh:
I would like to say many people need Lipitor that are thin and eating pork fat has never been what the doctor ordered. I will never tell you it taste bad it taste good :D but certain people with pizza dough might want to get there lipid panel check. They say you should get it checked starting in your 30's but it is a must after 40 ;)

Texasbelle 05-08-2007 10:18 AM

I had mine checked about three months ago and my cholesterol was 130! It also helps to work out with a trainer three times a week doing weight training, stair master, and a whole lot of time on the treadmill.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-08-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I had mine checked about three months ago and my cholesterol was 130! It also helps to work out with a trainer three times a week doing weight training, stair master, and a whole lot of time on the treadmill.

It also helps if you have a reaction to everything good to eat ;)
I guess the weight training has not helped the wings :angel: :angel:

Pocahontas 05-09-2007 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl
How about fried turnips? They have to be little, smaller than a baseball. Slice them thicker than a potato chip, fry them in olive oil. They are sweet like sugar.

Fried turnips now who came up with that idea? Next thing ya know you will be making mango daiquiris!! ;) ;)

Sheba 05-10-2007 05:40 AM

Quote:

Someone sounds a little obsessed.... Perhaps we should all meet this trainer??? He seems gets mentioned as much as Isaac's physique. Would he like some fried squash or fried turnips or fried cabbage? How about a mango daiquiri?

I've heard that toe tapping burns a lot of calories, too?!? You are gonna have one strong thigh muscle, TBelle!!

Just picking... ;)

Isaac-Saxxon 05-10-2007 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba
Someone sounds a little obsessed.... Perhaps we should all meet this trainer??? He seems gets mentioned as much as Isaac's physique. Would he like some fried squash or fried turnips or fried cabbage? How about a mango daiquiri?

I've heard that toe tapping burns a lot of calories, too?!? You are gonna have one strong thigh muscle, TBelle!!

Just picking... ;)

Morning Sheba ;) don't let tbelle kid you she only works out twice a week at the local mall with big white tennis shoes and those funny looking sun glasses that go over her regular glasses. Sheba how do you stay in such GREAT shape ? I know you never stop thinking or moving all the live long day :clap:

Sheba 05-10-2007 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Morning Sheba ;) don't let tbelle kid you she only works out twice a week at the local mall with big white tennis shoes and those funny looking sun glasses that go over her regular glasses. Sheba how do you stay in such GREAT shape ? I know you never stop thinking or moving all the live long day :clap:

It's all those good, fresh veggies, of course!! I do have my own work out routine with 2 miles of walking and exercises for sculpting. You must think they're working, big cat!??!

Life's for living!! Can't waste one precious moment. Gotta think & move and be all I can. It's my calling...

Isaac-Saxxon 05-10-2007 05:53 AM

Quote:

It's all those good, fresh veggies, of course!! I do have my own work out routine with 2 miles of walking and exercises for sculpting. You must think they're working, big cat!??!

Life's for living!! Can't waste one precious moment. Gotta think & move and be all I can. It's my calling...

Well you are doing a mighty fine job Mrs. Sheba :clap: best foot forward and off you go. Spit spot ;) I think you where just born with it unlike Isaac :nono: I would make a nice dough boy and seed planter. Is time for another day to start and that means work, work, work :clap: Glad to see you posting and the other girls will wake up in a few hours :laugh: :laugh: after you have done half a days work ;) I will have new photos of my veggies later this morning.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-10-2007 07:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Fried green tomatoes anyone ?
Attachment 496
rhertz don't worry yours will get there one day :laugh:
Attachment 497

Sheba 05-10-2007 11:13 AM

Very nice!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

purpahurl 05-10-2007 11:33 AM

I wil be picking fresh beans tommorrow!

Isaac-Saxxon 05-11-2007 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl
I will be picking fresh beans tomorrow!

Purpahurl we need to see some pictures and please do not put any of those beans in your ears :laugh:

Isaac-Saxxon 05-15-2007 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sammy the Snake was in my garden yesterday. The neighbor did not care for him being here but he is nonvenomous and I am sure he is looking for rat-T or a sparrow or two so welcome to the garden Sammy :eek:
Click on photo to open :)
Attachment 567

Texasbelle 05-15-2007 01:07 PM

If I had seen this anywhere near me, CPR would have been in order.

piemaker720 05-15-2007 01:40 PM

OMG, I would have been putting a hoe on that snake's head. He is hugh. :eek:

Sheba 05-15-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Sammy the Snake was in my garden yesterday. The neighbor did not care for him being here but he is nonvenomous and I am sure he is looking for rat-T or a sparrow or two so welcome to the garden Sammy :eek:
Attachment 567

Hey, Isaac! Did that snake try to offer you any apples or figs?;)

piemaker720 05-16-2007 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 577

HaHaHa!:clap:

Isaac-Saxxon 05-16-2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Hey, Isaac! Did that snake try to offer you any apples or figs?;)

Those fig leaves do not make good underwear :laugh:

Neo 05-16-2007 09:28 AM

Quote:

Attachment 567

Did you get his name? was it Cain...

Isaac-Saxxon 05-16-2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo
Did you get his name? was it Cain...

He was crawling on his belly. I am sure he was not hear for a apple ;) it would be quite fitting that his favorite food would be rats :D

Texasbelle 05-16-2007 09:49 AM

Hey, Isaac...............love that new Avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isaac-Saxxon 05-16-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Hey, Isaac...............love that new Avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why thank you Texasbelle I hope everyone can put their lion gun down now and quit dogging the screen :laugh:

Isaac-Saxxon 05-21-2007 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
While in the garden wear you snake boots :eek:
Attachment 613

Isaac-Saxxon 05-26-2007 09:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Garden update for 5-26 I have been picking tomatoes this morning with some sweet peppers, cucumber's and okra.
Tomato Patch
Attachment 641
Click on the photos and take a close look ;)
Attachment 642
Cucumber's on the dog kennel
Attachment 643
Get this I caught rhertz picking stuff out of my garden the other day. Hey rhertz where are your photos of your garden ????? Are you hidings something? I know you have a garden so pony up there with some up to date photos. I think Tbelle has a garden too but I am sure her camera is not working :laugh: Purpahurl has a garden too a very nice one I "hear" :D

Texasbelle 05-26-2007 09:40 AM

T'belle only has a few tomatoes this year. Daddybelle and I had a few other projects we wanted to focus on this summer so we did not do the full garden unfortunately. :( Isaac, why are you letting him steal tomatoes? Shouldn't he have to help do the weeding if he is going to eat the fruit of the vines?

Isaac-Saxxon 05-26-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

T'belle only has a few tomatoes this year. Daddybelle and I had a few other projects we wanted to focus on this summer so we did not do the full garden unfortunately. :( Isaac, why are you letting him steal tomatoes? Shouldn't he have to help do the weeding if he is going to eat the fruit of the vines?

I did not let him take them home :laugh: he is like a little kid out sneaking through Mr. McGregor's garden :rolleyes:

Isaac-Saxxon 05-26-2007 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Every had a cucumber with your tomato's :D little pepper sauce with that ;)

Attachment 644

Isaac-Saxxon 05-26-2007 01:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These sweet 100 tomato vines are 8 feet tall. This is three plants in my back yard the only thing I grow at home.
Attachment 651

Attachment 652