Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Mc Donalds at Linwood and Bert Kouns (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2829)

Pocahontas 11-15-2007 10:32 PM

Oh gosh that youtube was absolutely ghastly!:yuck::blech: Dining in is sounding better all the time!

rhertz 11-15-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 24642)
The Egg McMuffin and the french fires are all I ever eat from there.

I fully understand... Those french fires are heck on my colon! ;)

rhertz 11-15-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 24663)
I do so love to cook at home

I'm big on home cooking. I'm cooking for my whole fam this Thanksgiving. I figure I'll do my duty and get it out of the way at the start of the holiday season. Then I'll leave Christmas dinner, New Years, and Easter to the rest of the family.

Morpheus 11-16-2007 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 24671)
Gotta love Louis Guzman, and Dane Cook:laugh::laugh: Did y'all see Dane in Mr.Brooks!? Pretty crazy-

Yes I did. I thought it was an interesting movie since they successfully (in my case) made you root for the bad guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 24677)
If I eat fastfood, it's usually Sonic. Love the footlong CHiliCheese Coney...yum!

Don't forget the cheese tater tots to go along with that.

Morpheus 11-16-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 24684)
Oh gosh that youtube was absolutely ghastly!:yuck::blech: Dining in is sounding better all the time!

Clip is from the movie Waiting. The restaurant in the movie bears a striking resemblance to Benigan's, Chilis, TGIFridays, Appleby's, etc.

purpahurl 11-16-2007 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 24677)
If I eat fastfood, it's usually Sonic. Love the footlong CHiliCheese Coney...yum!

That's what I'm talkin' about. Although, I went there the other day and ordered a #2 w/ Dr. Pepper and they said "you want fries with that"
I said in ,a voice that made it clear this was a stupid question, "doesn't this come with fries" (duh) and she said "yeh" Then I thought about this thread and figured I would probably get an extra ingredient on my food.

purpahurl 11-16-2007 08:46 AM

Hot Dog Man

What happened to the Hot Dog Man? The one in front of Govt. Plaza was awesome. Did he move?

joepole 11-16-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

That's what I'm talkin' about. Although, I went there the other day and ordered a #2 w/ Dr. Pepper and they said "you want fries with that"
I said in ,a voice that made it clear this was a stupid question, "doesn't this come with fries" (duh) and she said "yeh" Then I thought about this thread and figured I would probably get an extra ingredient on my food.
I thought Sonic combos could come with fries, onion rings, or tots?

LateNight 11-16-2007 09:28 AM

out there north of town off hwy 1 around blanchard way.. about all we had to choose from was MickeyD and Dairy Queen.. and got tired of both a long time ago.. But there just about finished building a new Sonic out there. I suspect they are gonna rack up at first at least. Everyone being tired of the same ol' same ol' .

Been a long time since I ordered myself a Sonic Burger. They used to have a sonic there in south bossier across from Bellair Blvd. we'd walk up there, order a sonic burger.. then walk to the Pizza Hut and sit down and order a drink and eat. LOL We knew ALL the Pizza Hut girls back in the day, and they treated us well :)

Pocahontas 11-16-2007 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 24704)
What happened to the Hot Dog Man? The one in front of Govt. Plaza was awesome. Did he move?

I hear he hangs outside the Rockin' Rodeo in the wee hours serving drunks!
(I heard this info. 2nd hand of course.):D

rhertz 11-16-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 24704)

I see him at the Louisiana Boardwalk. Darn I want a hotdog right now.... :D

Morpheus 11-16-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 24731)

There used to one downtown in the wee hours of the morning 3 or so years ago. I know this firsthand!

purpahurl 11-16-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 24731)

Just one more thing Bossier was proactive on, The Hot Dog Man. Shreveport probably tried to make him pay a big fee, or maybe he couldn't keep up with the demands Cedric was going to put on him being right outside his office and all.:laugh:

vixweb 11-17-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 24749)
Just one more thing Bossier was proactive on, The Hot Dog Man. Shreveport probably tried to make him pay a big fee, or maybe he couldn't keep up with the demands Cedric was going to put on him being right outside his office and all.:laugh:

:funnypost2: They probably told him he could only stand in front of certain minority owned buisnesses:jawdrop:

piemaker720 11-17-2007 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 24787)
:funnypost2: They probably told him he could only stand in front of certain minority owned buisnesses:jawdrop:

Okay another McD's complaint. The one on Hwy 80 and Industrial in Bossier. They are crooks, I have recipts to prove this. My daughter stopped the other day while going to school. She wanted an egg biscuit. They rang up a sauage and egg biscuit, minus the sauage then charged another $1.00 for the egg. So it cost her $3.10 for this sandwich. They told her they did not have a button on their register for just an egg biscuit. So she paid for a sauage she didn't get plus 40 cents for the egg , then a dollar more for the egg. I ask a manager at viking drive and he said that egg biscuit should not have been more than 2 dollars. Crooks, crooks, crooks!

Attachment 1836