Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   World News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   School Renames Easter Bunny 'Peter Rabbit' (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1111)

AnimeSpirit 04-07-2007 11:47 PM

School Renames Easter Bunny 'Peter Rabbit'

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...00010000000001

Quote:

A Rhode Island public school has decided the Easter bunny is too Christian and renamed him Peter Rabbit, and a state legislator is so hopping mad he has introduced an "Easter Bunny Act" to save the bunny's good name.
How dumb is this?

LateNight 04-08-2007 12:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit

No, he's the Easter Bunny damn it ! ;)

Attachment 262

:yes:

BrainSmashR 04-08-2007 05:56 AM

Funny how we all preach tolerance and equality until someone wants to take Christianity out of the equation.....then all of a sudden it's "dumb".

Isaac-Saxxon 04-08-2007 10:29 AM

Morning Buddy did you go to church today ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Funny how we all preach tolerance and equality until someone wants to take Christianity out of the equation.....then all of a sudden it's "dumb".

When anime spoke of the rabbit he was not talking about Christianity :laugh:
so you need to chill and go eat a egg and enjoy this nice day and do not stay down in your basement on your computer. Did you do confession today like a good confirmed Catholic ? This would be a great day to visit the Abby :laugh: :laugh:
Isaac

LateNight 04-08-2007 10:48 AM

nothing personal

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing personal, but lets not turn this into another one of THOSE THREADS.. you all know what I mean, we have enough of those :)

HAPPY EASTER !

I thought easter was a raucous Saxon fertility celebration in honor of the Saxon Goddess Eastre (Ostara), whose sacred animal was a hare.

that's what I read anyway.. but what do I know.. I still can't figure out how they determine the date of Easter in the first place.

THANK YOU EASTER BUNNY!

Isaac-Saxxon 04-08-2007 11:14 AM

Great post LN I thought it was funny

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
Nothing personal, but lets not turn this into another one of THOSE THREADS.. you all know what I mean, we have enough of those :)

HAPPY EASTER !

I thought easter was a raucous Saxon fertility celebration in honor of the Saxon Goddess Eastre (Ostara), whose sacred animal was a hare.

that's what I read anyway.. but what do I know.. I still can't figure out how they determine the date of Easter in the first place.

THANK YOU EASTER BUNNY!

This will not turn into another one of those threads. The bunny is funny and you did your home work on the history there. Have a great Easter !
Isaac

LateNight 04-08-2007 12:03 PM

Viewer discretion is advised - Easter Tragedy !

1 Attachment(s)
O.k. I very well might get blasted for this one. But I'm going to go out on a limb here..

viewer discretion is advised.

LateNight 04-08-2007 12:11 PM

I'm on a roll

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 266

"You put your left foot, you put your left foot out.."

THE HOKEY POKEY, what if that REALLY is what it's all about ??

AnimeSpirit 04-08-2007 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

O.k. I very well might get blasted for this one. But I'm going to go out on a limb here..

That's just WRONG!!! That's about as bad as THIS photo...
Attachment 267

;)

Isaac-Saxxon 04-08-2007 12:58 PM

You guys are killing me please

Quote:

That's just WRONG!!! That's about as bad as THIS photo...
Attachment 267

;)

That has to be the two best post on this intire web site. I shall be giving points to both of you boys for easter and Christmas :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:clap:
Isaac

Texasbelle 04-08-2007 02:56 PM

Anime and LateNite, ya'll are just WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should be ashamed, I tell you, ashamed! But it was funny, funny.:laugh:

LateNight 04-08-2007 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Anime and LateNite, ya'll are just WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should be ashamed, I tell you, ashamed! But it was funny, funny.:laugh:

LOL, yes, I knew it was wrong, so very wrong. But I laughed too :laugh: Not sure what that says about us LOL

So the Easter bunny showed up at my place for Friday night Whiskey Night™... Unfortunately he was hung over and got a late start on Easter Sunday. We were all doing fine until ol' Al and Rambo Bunny here started doing whiskey shots ! :cool:

Texasbelle 04-08-2007 03:55 PM

You're sick!:p

Texasbelle 04-08-2007 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found this pic for you since you love to pick on the Easter Bunny

LateNight 04-08-2007 04:16 PM

Quote:

That's one evil lookin' Easter Bunny. :eek: :)

AnimeSpirit 04-08-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

Yikes! That looks like a bad dream I once had. :freaky:

Pocahontas 04-08-2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

HAPPY EASTER !

THANK YOU EASTER BUNNY!

I loved the "Thanks Easter Bunny" commercial!! I had forgotten about that one! Even better a commercial for my favorite candy...M & Ms!:D

AnimeSpirit 04-08-2007 08:58 PM

More Easter Humor!

Gotta love old classics like the Simpsons! :D

Watch Dick Cheney ruin Easter! :freaky:

LateNight 04-08-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Watch Dick Cheney ruin Easter! :freaky:

Now that's funny. Or insane. :clapbig:

Pocahontas 04-08-2007 10:50 PM

Born in the USA

Quote:

Attachment 266

"You put your left foot, you put your left foot out.."

THE HOKEY POKEY, what if that REALLY is what it's all about ??

That bunny sure looks alot like Bruce Springsteen!!! If so you sure got the LEFT foot part politically correct.

Rough Rider 04-08-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
That bunny sure looks alot like Bruce Springsteen!!! If so you sure got the LEFT foot part politically correct.

Is this the part where the Easter Bunny thread turns into the political thread ? :(
I was enjoying the Easter Bunny thread. :)

Pocahontas 04-09-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rough Rider
Is this the part where the Easter Bunny thread turns into the political thread ? :(
I was enjoying the Easter Bunny thread. :)

Sorry I wasn't trying to change threads just an attempt at a lame joke.
Feel free to post more bunnies!!:)

Isaac-Saxxon 04-09-2007 07:37 AM

Does it matter what kind of bunnies we post ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Sorry I wasn't trying to change threads just an attempt at a lame joke.
Feel free to post more bunnies!!:)

I know Joepole has some bunnies on his computer and then there is google. So LN what are the rules here ? :D
Isaac

Texasbelle 04-09-2007 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found a bunny we all seem to like (JoePole excluded)

Isaac-Saxxon 04-09-2007 07:51 AM

How did you get that photo of latenight ?

Quote:

I found a bunny we all seem to like (JoePole excluded)

Latenight you need to go get in your pen. You should not be wearing that out in public. You have been seen as a large rabbit and visiting planet of the apes now in bunny drag you have many faces :peace:
Isaac

LateNight 04-09-2007 09:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Latenight you need to go get in your pen. You should not be wearing that out in public. You have been seen as a large rabbit and visiting planet of the apes now in bunny drag you have many faces :peace:
Isaac

O.k. just to be clear.. the only thing I'm admitting to, is that I probably shouldn't have served that last drink to Rambo Bunny here, but he said he was fine, and that he was going to call a cab.

Attachment 271

But he sneaked off while I wasn't looking.. Such a tragic ending for the Easter Bunny.

Attachment 272

Other than that.. I know nothing ! :yes:

AnimeSpirit 04-09-2007 09:48 AM

Bitten Bunnies

1 Attachment(s)
Lol!
Attachment 273

Isaac-Saxxon 04-09-2007 09:48 AM

Road pizza with a side of eggs

Quote:

O.k. just to be clear.. the only thing I'm admitting to, is that I probably shouldn't have served that last drink to Rambo Bunny here, but he said he was fine, and that he was going to call a cab.

Attachment 271

But he sneaked off while I wasn't looking.. Such a tragic ending for the Easter Bunny.

Attachment 272

Other than that.. I know nothing ! :yes:

LN you can never tell all things so you keep your secrets and I will keep mine.
Issac

AnimeSpirit 04-09-2007 09:54 AM

Ah! I found the story behind the crushed bunny picture. You'll all be happy to know the bunny lived. ;)

Quote:

A man was blissfully driving along the highway, when he saw the Easter Bunny hopping across the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid hitting the Bunny, but unfortunately the rabbit jumped in front of his car and was hit. The basket of eggs went flying all over the place.

The driver, being a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road, and got out to see what had become of the Bunny carrying the basket. Much to his dismay, the colorful Bunny was dead. The driver felt guilty and began to cry.

A woman driving down the same highway saw the man crying on the side of the road and pulled over. She stepped out of her car and asked the man what was wrong.

"I feel terrible," he explained, "I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny and killed it. There may not be an Easter because of me. What should I do?"

The woman told the man not to worry. She knew exactly what to do. She went to her car trunk, and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the limp, dead Bunny, and sprayed the entire contents of the can onto the little furry animal.

Miraculously the Easter Bunny came to back life, jumped up, picked up the spilled eggs and candy, waved its paw at the two humans and hopped on down the road. 50 yards away the Easter Bunny stopped, turned around, waved and hopped on down the road another 50 yards, turned, waved, hopped another 50 yards and waved again!

The man was astonished. He said to the woman, "What in heaven's name is in your spray can? What was it that you sprayed on the Easter Bunny?" The woman turned the can around so that the man could read the label. It said: "Hair spray. Restores life to dead hair. Adds permanent wave."

Texasbelle 04-09-2007 09:57 AM

My son, who is 12, just came to me and said "I figured something out and it's bad news Mom".

"The Easter Bunny is a myth. I found earlier last week a box of chocolate bunnies and those same bunnies were in my Easter basket AND I just found a Target bag with some candy in it THAT'S the SAME candy that was in my Easter basket. I think you and Dad put that candy in my basket and ya'll are the Easter Bunny. I'm on to ya'll. Your game is over."

He was so serious when he said it that I just had to fall out laughing. We didn't hide eggs yesterday but we did leave out baskets. Glad we can finally give up this whole gig!

Isaac-Saxxon 04-09-2007 10:09 AM

The great lie exposed at last

Quote:

My son, who is 12, just came to me and said "I figured something out and it's bad news Mom".

"The Easter Bunny is a myth. I found earlier last week a box of chocolate bunnies and those same bunnies were in my Easter basket AND I just found a Target bag with some candy in it THAT'S the SAME candy that was in my Easter basket. I think you and Dad put that candy in my basket and ya'll are the Easter Bunny. I'm on to ya'll. Your game is over."

He was so serious when he said it that I just had to fall out laughing. We didn't hide eggs yesterday but we did leave out baskets. Glad we can finally give up this whole gig!

Now I am sure you would tell your boy never to tell a lie ? Can he ever trust you again after outing the eater bunny ? What next mom ? The great pumpkin? :nono: :nono:
Isaac

Texasbelle 04-09-2007 10:19 AM

He doesn't believe anything about the pumpkin. So me thinks all the secrets are out!!!!!!!!!!!11

AnimeSpirit 04-09-2007 02:57 PM

Lol!

This is worth a chuckle. I SO remember the Cadbury bunny.

Quote:

Top 10 Reason I believe in the Easter Bunny

1. Hey, I watch television. Every year, he's there clucking in the Cadbury egg commercials.

2. Who do you think delivers all the baskets and stuff, the little chicks? Doubtful.

3. When I was six, I saw a bunny at the scene of the crime. He put his finger aside his nose, and up the chimney he rose.

4. It was a little cafe somewhere in France, I was young, and yes, I believed everything he told me.

5. Someone is posing for those chocolate rabbit molds, and I think you're thinking what I'm thinking.

6. Who else has time to color all those eggs? Not me, Jack.

7. Yeah, and Peter Rabbit didn't think Mr. McGregor was going to catch him in the cabbage patch either -- get with the times.

8. I had a pet rabbit in the 4th grade, and he told me it was all true.

9. Once, I put a tooth under my pillow, and in the morning I had a marshmallow Easter egg.

10. Someone has to believe in the Easter bunny.

Pocahontas 04-09-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Now THAT"S funny!!!!:laugh: Thanks for making me smile:) it's been kind of a rough morning!

Pokie

rhertz 04-09-2007 04:58 PM

This year we filled a few plastic eggs with dollar bills which drove the kids wild. My son and I got into this discussion of who has more money, the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny. I told him the Easter Bunny doesn't deal much in cash. No matter what, I never give in or lie to my children. Santa and the EB are real and forever will be! :D

Al Swearengen 04-09-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
Santa and the EB are real and forever will be! :D

EB? Hell, I know him..runs a hotel right across the thoroughfare from my place. Guy has the sweatiest hands ya ever had the misfortune of shakin.:eek:

E.B. Farnum 04-09-2007 07:48 PM

E.B. Farnum at your service. Mayor of Deadwood and hotelier.

If you need separate rooms, I'll arrange that by tomorrow, but today I can't fix it, unless you kill a guest.

rhertz 04-09-2007 08:26 PM

LOL, man I bet you and Al have a lot to talk about.. Welcome on board EB (I think)

E.B. Farnum 04-09-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
LOL, man I bet you and Al have a lot to talk about.. Welcome on board EB (I think)

Thank you rhertz. I saw Al, and just figured this had to be a place worth checking out.

Pocahontas 04-09-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.B. Farnum
Thank you rhertz. I saw Al, and just figured this had to be a place worth checking out.

Welcome Mr. Farnum! Nice to see new faces!

Pocahontas:)