Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   World News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Syria - Can They Be Trusted? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1330)

sbl_admin 05-03-2007 08:15 AM

Syria - Can They Be Trusted?

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will meet Syria's foreign minister in the first high-level talks between the countries in years, a U.S. official said Thursday, and the chief American military spokesman in Iraq said Syria had moved to reduce "the flow of foreign fighters" across its border.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-03-2007 09:15 AM

Syria - Can They Be Trusted?

NO ! Butt buddies with Iran and a key player in the middle east.

joepole 05-03-2007 09:26 AM

>a key player in the middle east

So is the US.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-03-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
>a key player in the middle east

So is the US.

Your point ?

purpahurl 05-03-2007 10:00 AM

Syria

Where do you think the WMD's ended up? The only way we can trust Syria is if we bomb them back to glass.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-03-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl
Where do you think the WMD's ended up? The only way we can trust Syria is if we bomb them back to glass.

Not going to happen. I do agree with the WMD's comment :clap:

purpahurl 05-03-2007 11:01 AM

Wishfull thinking

I know that wo'n't happen. They are like a den of snakes over there, and certain snakes will bite no matter how much you placate them.

LateNight 05-03-2007 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I know that wo'n't happen. They are like a den of snakes over there, and certain snakes will bite no matter how much you placate them.

ain't but one thing to be done with snakes like that :)

Isaac-Saxxon 05-03-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight

Still will not die until the sun goes down :D

joepole 05-03-2007 01:38 PM

>Your point ?

That being "a key player in the middle east" doesn't imply anything about your trustworthiness.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-03-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
>Your point ?

That being "a key player in the middle east" doesn't imply anything about your trustworthiness.

I can agree with that. Syria can not be trusted anymore than Iran and you man doubt American involvement but better us than say Russia who is helping smuggle arms into them :rolleyes:

piemaker720 05-03-2007 06:48 PM

Can Syria be trusted? When pigs fly. The only good snake is a dead snake.

Al Swearengen 05-03-2007 08:09 PM

Can they be trusted? Sure, they can be trusted to stick it to us first chance they get. And they can trust us to bomb em back into the stone age!

purpahurl 05-03-2007 08:18 PM

bomb

Unless the Dem's are in control. Then we will have talks and a UN non vote and take polls and have commitees and then wait and see. Ultimately wait 'till the Republicans are back in control.

rhertz 05-03-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Where do you think the WMD's ended up?

That is my thought too. How can the CIA get the whole WMD thing wrong? Also the war went something like this. Hey Iraq, In one month we are coming. Hey Iraq, In one week we are coming. Hey Iraq, In one day we are coming....... Meanwhile, 18 wheelers are flowing across borders like oil.....

rhertz 05-03-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight

OMG, you PC incorrect snake killer! That was a benefitial snake that eats disease carrying rats that eat bugs that eat mosquitos! You've done it now, the earth is now going to rise 0.1 degrees celcius.