Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Man robs downtown Amsouth bank (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1317)

sbl_admin 05-02-2007 12:12 PM

Man robs downtown Amsouth bank

Man robs downtown Amsouth bank and is now in custody

piemaker720 05-02-2007 12:49 PM

Brave soul wasn't he. Luckily, the sheriff needed to do some banking at that time.

geodood 05-02-2007 01:16 PM

Wow I work in the same building upstairs and we didn't even know it happened until hours afterwards!

Isaac-Saxxon 05-02-2007 02:18 PM

Sheriff Steve Prator saves the day :clap: Steve seems to be in the right place at the right time. Just weeks ago some road rage guy got busted and a while back someone used Sheriff Steve Prator's name in a ID theft case :confused: Steve could start his own show :eek:

rhertz 05-02-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Sheriff Steve Prator saves the day :clap: Steve seems to be in the right place at the right time. Just weeks ago some road rage guy got busted and a while back someone used Sheriff Steve Prator's name in a ID theft case :confused: Steve could start his own show :eek:

At the least he should be on COPS or one of those shows. Imagine stealing a Sheriff's identity? That takes guts (or stupidity)

AnimeSpirit 05-02-2007 06:04 PM

OH MAN!!! They just told on the news that the cops caught the wrong guy! The guy they bagged was the customer right before the actual robber. Surveillance cameras showed that the two guys were dressed a lot alike and had many similar features, so the mistake was easy to make, but Caddo police have announced the actual robber is still at large! :freaky: The two guys had the same build, both wore a ballcap, and both wore blue. It was freaky.

LateNight 05-02-2007 06:17 PM

That's freakin' crazy.. seems like the AmSouth building has guards "about" the place.. and there's cops and deputies roaming the streets around there all the time. Crazy

AnimeSpirit 05-02-2007 06:23 PM

Hey LN, you haven't been around all day. Where've you been?

LateNight 05-03-2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Hey LN, you haven't been around all day. Where've you been?

to put mildly.. SICK AS A DOG !! :(
hope to be up and about mañana

Al Swearengen 05-03-2007 01:35 AM

It takes giant nads to pull a bank robbery these days. LateNight and I were discussin this particular case, and before I even knew the details I had remarked that they probably tossed a dyepack in bag with the cash, and sure as hell, thats exactly what happened. The guy had to throw away some of the bills and shed some of his clothin, but the dumbass should've known about the dyepacks and made damn sure they didnt toss one in the bag in the first place. Oh well..."brains before balls" might've meant a different outcome!

sbl_admin 05-03-2007 07:47 AM

Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

Shreveport Times -- May 3 2007 7:47 AM
Downtown bank robbed; suspect still at large

sbl_admin 05-03-2007 07:51 AM

Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

Shreveport Times -- May 3 2007 7:51 AM
Downtown bank robbed; suspect still at large

Neo 05-03-2007 08:17 AM

Are you sure good ole boy Steve isn't pulling a fast one for publicity.. You know he knows alot of criminals. Or is it use state time for personal business. Don't get me wrong, he did a good thing, however, it is fishy!

joepole 05-03-2007 08:51 AM

Why not just read their name tag and say "I know your name, Jane Smith, if you put a dye pack in with my money I'm going to find out where you live and harm your family?" What bank teller would put a dye pack in after hearing that?

LateNight 05-03-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
Why not just read their name tag and say "I know your name, Jane Smith, if you put a dye pack in with my money I'm going to find out where you live and harm your family?" What bank teller would put a dye pack in after hearing that?

You can always count on ol' joe... he's always thinkin' ;)