Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   World News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Pope Tough On Abortion (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1399)

sbl_admin 05-10-2007 07:46 AM

Pope Tough On Abortion

Pope Benedict XVI began his first trip to Latin America Wednesday by laying down church law on abortion, suggesting he agrees with bishops who said Catholic politicians in Mexico excommunicated themselves by legalizing abortion in that nation's capital.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-10-2007 08:13 AM

I am not Catholic but the Pope is right on the mark here. Abortion is murder and nothing can change that. :nono: :nono:

MattyMattyChooChoo 05-10-2007 09:19 AM

I agree.

Neo 05-10-2007 09:29 AM

I think this is a good example between the secular church and God. The banning from church is not consistent with the words from God. I feel this stance is a good thing, however, this should allow some perspective for the flock.... church and God are not synomous.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-10-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo
I think this is a good example between the secular church and God. The banning from church is not consistent with the words from God. I feel this stance is a good thing, however, this should allow some perspective for the flock.... church and God are not synonymous.

Church/religion are man made controls put in place to control other men. You add emotionalism with that and you got the fleecing of the flock. Christianity is a reality not a religion and all you have to do is read your Bible "Then" ask questions of the preachers. Mule in front of the cart here. I am glad to see the Pope come out and take a stand :clap:

Neo 05-10-2007 09:37 AM

You think some of the flock may get unplugged from the matrix?

I don't think so.

scarlett 05-10-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I am not Catholic but the Pope is right on the mark here. Abortion is murder and nothing can change that. :nono: :nono:

Well my .03 on abortion, i am not for it by any means honestly but if it came down to me and the pregnancy i would have to choose my life. I could have more children. That would be the only exception. If I was raped i would keep it. The child was not conceived how I would want it nor how anyone would want it but it wasn't their fault it happened.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-10-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett
Well my .03 on abortion, i am not for it by any means honestly but if it came down to me and the pregnancy i would have to choose my life. I could have more children. That would be the only exception. If I was raped i would keep it. The child was not conceived how I would want it nor how anyone would want it but it wasn't their fault it happened.

I think if the mothers life is in danger it is time to make the call. Other than that like Scarlett said save the life of the child :clap: