Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Home Invasions - A REAL Problem (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1396)

sbl_admin 05-10-2007 07:30 AM

Home Invasions - A REAL Problem

A woman told police she woke up to her husband screaming he didn't have any money. That's when investigators believe two black men in their late teens or early 20's shot the husband twice in the abdomen. He later died at the hospital.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-10-2007 07:40 AM

Is there any doubt that we should have the right to own a gun. Why is it 90%of the time that crimes like this are committed by a young black male ? It is time for action by our government and they could start with public hangings :clap:

AnimeSpirit 05-10-2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Is there any doubt that we should have the right to own a gun. Why is it 90%of the time that crimes like this are committed by a young black male ? It is time for action by our government and they could start with public hangings :clap:

As horrible as they are to watch, public hangings are certainly serious deterrents. Unfortunately, no one will ever go for them because kids would end up seeing them too.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-10-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
As horrible as they are to watch, public hangings are certainly serious deterrents. Unfortunately, no one will ever go for them because kids would end up seeing them too.

It is the kids that are doing the crimes :rolleyes:

Isaac-Saxxon 05-10-2007 10:23 AM

Hey Joepole do you have a problem with that in your neighborhood ? You are close to the hood.

Neo 05-10-2007 10:30 AM

Maybe an age limit and admission fee. 15 yrs old and up and twenty five dollars admission. Sounds like a great crime deterrent, less tax money on housing and feeding criminals, and maybe get enough revenue to lower the tax burden on us honest tax payers. Maybe that could be the one eyed jack's stance for state income tax relief, instead of attacking the oil industry here...... what you say Mr. Foster?

joepole 05-10-2007 10:32 AM

I have been the victim of a home invasion 16 times in the last seven years.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-10-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole

Hope you have a big gun Joe. I see Spring Lake is a dangerous place to live.

Neo 05-10-2007 10:40 AM

Your kidding me Joepole, did you get a shot off at any of those scumbags.

AnimeSpirit 05-10-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Wow! :freaky: Under that kind of circumstance, I'd either have a gun or move out soon.

joepole 05-10-2007 10:58 AM

No guns, I just have the wife answer the door now.

BrainSmashR 05-10-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

No guns, I just have the wife answer the door now.

I see, so what you are saying is that not only do you never intend to shoot a stranger in your home before identifying him/her as a reasonable threat to you or your family....you're saying that you don't even have the MEANS of doing so.

Why am I the only one who notices that some of you have a major problem with the words you type not reflecting the actions you take?

joepole 05-10-2007 11:38 AM

I have not really been home invaded 16 times in seven years. I honestly expected you all to believe that because it sounds reasonable and likely. You're too smart for me.

BrainSmashR 05-10-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

I have not really been home invaded 16 times in seven years. I honestly expected you all to believe that because it sounds reasonable and likely. You're too smart for me.

In Shreveport it is VERY reasonable.

I don't claim to know where you live or what activities you participate in. I merely give my opinions based on the information you provide.

joepole 05-10-2007 11:53 AM

I considered using a number like two hundred but figured sixteen was sufficient to convey the intended sarcasm.

Actual information:

I have never been the victim of a home invasion
I do own several guns
I do not send my wife to the door if I suspect it is a home invader
I have a twelve inch penis