Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shreveport to begin enforcing new garbage can ordinance (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1036)

sbl_admin 03-28-2007 05:20 PM

Shreveport to begin enforcing new garbage can ordinance

Shreveport began enforcement of its new rules on garbage cans left curbside

scarlett 03-28-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbl_admin
Shreveport began enforcement of its new rules on garbage cans left curbside

People sure are lazy eh? That's one thing I have never had a problem doing is puttting the can back in the garage or back porch. It's an eye sore to the house if you leave it out.

Isaac-Saxxon 03-28-2007 07:05 PM

Hey Purple eyes I have missed your post

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett
People sure are lazy eh? That's one thing I have never had a problem doing is puttting the can back in the garage or back porch. It's an eye sore to the house if you leave it out.

I am a good guy on the garbage cans and I like to see them up but to pay a fine well I think they did it because of the media only time will tell. You have been missing and we are missing your great post so let it all hang out :laugh:
Isaac

Al Swearengen 03-28-2007 07:13 PM

Oh I dont know about this. Yeah, agreed, the yards look much better with the trashbins removed from the curbside, but a fine? Seems a bit draconian, doesnt it? If the trashbin at our place isnt put away that day or the next, its because my wife and I are too damn busy during the workweek and we simply havent gotten around to it yet, thats all. No need to call in the yard gestapo!

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 07:17 PM

Good to see Scarlett back!!!! Another chick around!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

scarlett 03-28-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Good to see Scarlett back!!!! Another chick around!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

:banana:

scarlett 03-28-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Oh I dont know about this. Yeah, agreed, the yards look much better with the trashbins removed from the curbside, but a fine? Seems a bit draconian, doesnt it? If the trashbin at our place isnt put away that day or the next, its because my wife and I are too damn busy during the workweek and we simply havent gotten around to it yet, thats all. No need to call in the yard gestapo!

I'm not trying to argue here but there is a limit on leaving the can out by the curb. I say the first night you can get away with it but after that time to pick it up. Most of the time they smell (heck it's a garbage can) I know when I lived in Bossier you were sent a letter from the HOA if you left your can out on the side of the house. It had to be put in the back of the house or in the garage. Most people don't like rules and feel that they should be able to do what they want to do if they live there, well if you are in a sub w/ an HOA, you can't thats what you pay dues for.

I have lived both in the country and in the city and with hoa rules and non-hoa rules. I personally love the HOA RULES! No boats, broken down cars in the front yards, rules on how out of control your garden can get, how dirty your house and roof can be etc. I live by those rules now and have been warned just recently. I pay 125.00/month to live here as does everyone else they just want to keep the community looking good and I'm all for it.

LateNight 03-28-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett
I pay 125.00/month to live here as does everyone else they just want to keep the community looking good and I'm all for it.

A $125/month HOA fee ?

They should freakin' take out my trash, and put it up for me for that much :)
We pay a few dollars each year, for some guy who maintains the neighborhood entrance, keeps it well landscaped with flowers etc. and pays the electric bill for the lighting.

scarlett 03-28-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
A $125/month HOA fee ?

They should freakin' take out my trash, and put it up for me for that much :)
We pay a few dollars each year, for some guy who maintains the neighborhood entrance, keeps it well landscaped with flowers etc. and pays the electric bill for the lighting.

I broke it down but it's like 450 per quarter and I did see the breakdown of it in december its over 1 million to maintain this place understand i live in S. Florida they cut the grass 45 times a month don't ask me to explain I would have to break out the paperowrk but the maintenance is crazy this included the golf course and club house with pool, gym, basketball court and more this sub i live in HUGE so imagine 1 million a year and i pay 450 a quarter

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 08:10 PM

Where do you live?

scarlett 03-28-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Where do you live?

Royal Palm Beach, FL in Palm Beach County where they kill you with taxes!!!

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 08:43 PM

Close to the beach? I'm smelling a beach trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Road trip to Scarlett's!

scarlett 03-28-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Close to the beach? I'm smelling a beach trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Road trip to Scarlett's!

pretty close haven't been there yet since i live here heh i guess thats the norm you have access to it you don't use it you don't have it you die for it :D

this was our vacation spot every year for 8 yrs and now i don't go many places ppl are nuts here worse than you can ever imagine road rage like you have never seen and traffic worse than dallas thats for damn sure. i only go out between 10am and 3pm then im home i have already experienced the run you off the road rage because you accidently cut me off screw that i stay home :laugh:

beaches are nice though about 10 miles east from me

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 09:10 PM

You are making Gulf Shores sound like the place I'll keep visiting. If you don't mind my asking, what made you move there? I hate traffic, so moving to a big city would just never happen for me. That alone would be a deal breaker.

LateNight 03-28-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

I hate traffic, so moving to a big city would just never happen for me. That alone would be a deal breaker.

Traffic worse than Dallas eh ? yea, that would be a bit much for me. I'll take my casual drive to work any day, I pass up farms with cows, horses and see the occasional peacock or rooster :)