Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   More Movies to be filmed in Shreveport (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399)

sbl_admin 10-27-2006 10:25 AM

More Movies to be filmed in Shreveport

Samuel L. Jackson, will be filming a new movie in Shreveport with Millennium Films. Millennium Films is also currently filming "Homeland Security" in Shreveport with Meg Ryan and Antonio Banderas.

LateNight 10-27-2006 10:30 AM

Amazing.

It just amazes me that there are "real" films being shot right here in Shreveport. They recently had some casting calls here for this "Homeland Security" movie. Check out Shreveportfilms.com for more information and updated casting calls.

More than once I've run into some filming crew in downtown shreveport. Never run into any "stars" though.

Buck The Big Man 11-11-2006 08:50 PM

Keep 'em comin

Definitely post any and all notices of casting calls,etc. I got to do a couple of episodes of Thief last year here, and had a ball. I'd love to do some more things locally.

rhertz 11-12-2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck The Big Man
I got to do a couple of episodes of Thief last year here, and had a ball.

Please tell me a little about it. Any big parts? Did you get paid for it? Are you a "movie star"? :) (Samuel Jackson is pretty big) LOL If not, did you get to meet anyone famous?

Isaac-Saxxon 11-12-2006 07:51 PM

They are going to put me in the movies

They are going to make a big star out of me ?? Almost famous but not quite.
The Celebs like LA for a reason it is as corrupt as they are. What a happy family we all are.

Buck The Big Man 11-12-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
Please tell me a little about it. Any big parts? Did you get paid for it? Are you a "movie star"? :) (Samuel Jackson is pretty big) LOL If not, did you get to meet anyone famous?

Chuckles,
Well, in order, No, I mostly was an extra, except for one scene at a funeral where I was staring daggers at the lead actor as he delivered a eulogy, the camera kept panning between him talking, and me glowering. Yes, I did get paid. It wasn't a huge sum of money by any stretch, but more than I was making at my day job at the time. No, I'm not a movie star, but I am a reasonably well known Western Entertainer, and radio show host. (take a peek at my website for more info.) And lastly, no. This was a TV show that was just getting started and as such, none of the cast are famous yet. I still had a lot of fun doing it, and hope to do more of this type of thing in the future. It's not as much fun as headlining a show in front of a Thousand or more Cowboy Music fans, but it's still a very enjoyable way to make money, and new friends at the same time.

movieman3386 01-12-2007 10:23 AM

i need a job

hi my name is joshua and i'm trying to work my way into the movie business so one day i can be a director, which is my goal career. if anybody knows any thing about how to get a job on one of the movies, and i don't care what it consists of, please email me at jharris3386@hotmail.com

Please i really am serious about this. i have exactly what it takes to be a director and any little job on a movie set would help.

thanks,
Joshua

LateNight 01-12-2007 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movieman3386
hi my name is joshua and i'm trying to work my way into the movie business so one day i can be a director, which is my goal career. if anybody knows any thing about how to get a job on one of the movies, and i don't care what it consists of, please email me at jharris3386@hotmail.com

Please i really am serious about this. i have exactly what it takes to be a director and any little job on a movie set would help.

I'm not sure how accurate or how up to date this site is, but I would suggest checking out the Shreveport Films website.

Good Luck.