Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food & Dining (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Any Cake Makers out there ? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2376)

Pocahontas 10-08-2007 09:07 AM

I'm planning a wedding! Mr. Pokie is complaining about expenses too.:D The class is on the back burner (so to speak for now)! I make wonderful homemade cookie cakes though. Just pick your type and I'll whip one up for you! :D

Isaac-Saxxon 10-08-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 22308)
I'm planning a wedding! Mr. Pokie is complaining about expenses too.:D The class is on the back burner (so to speak for now)! I make wonderful homemade cookie cakes though. Just pick your type and I'll whip one up for you! :D

OK I will have the lemon square and a pecan pie either one will do ! Really NOTHING beats a good peach cobbler with that golden crust. :D:D I will keep your posted. I am a Aquarius the water carrier. ;)

Texasbelle 10-08-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 22304)
Pokie how is cake class going ? :D I have yet another birthday coming up can you bake me a cake ;) I like chocolate with white icing. I do not think there will enough room for candles being that I am long in the tooth. :laugh:

I'm quite sure the fire department would need to be on standby if Ms. Isaac attempts to put candles on YOUR birthday cake!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Isaac-Saxxon 10-16-2007 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 22367)
I'm quite sure the fire department would need to be on standby if Ms. Isaac attempts to put candles on YOUR birthday cake!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You know you do not have any room to talk about age :rolleyes:I think you might need to get back in the kitchen and bake some cakes :whip:

Attachment 1616

How do you cut a work of art like this ?

Texasbelle 10-16-2007 09:16 PM

I have been very busy baking cakes. Last week I did a haunted house birthday cake. Today I delivered three cakes for a large baby shower. They were beautiful cakes with handmade frogs (the baby's room is done in frogs) made from fondant on the cake, and lily pads, and cat tails! On Thursday I have to deliver a birthday cake. They've requested something funny for an older lady.

Here's the downside on the cakes...I forgot to take pictures so I'll get them emailed to me so I can post them .

rhertz 10-16-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 22896)
I have been very busy baking cakes. Last week I did a haunted house birthday cake. Today I delivered three cakes for a large baby shower. They were beautiful cakes with handmade frogs (the baby's room is done in frogs) made from fondant on the cake, and lily pads, and cat tails! On Thursday I have to deliver a birthday cake. They've requested something funny for an older lady.

Here's the downside on the cakes...I forgot to take pictures so I'll get them emailed to me so I can post them .

All I want to know is what shoes you were wearing when you baked all those cakes! Pink stilletto's?? (fingers crossed) LOL

Texasbelle 10-17-2007 08:18 AM

Red.:D

drthyhcks 11-08-2007 11:36 PM

wedding cakes in SB

try www.mypastrychef.com
they were chose the cakes best in Louisiana

http://www.mypastrychef.com/html/more_cakes_2007.html

good luck

drthyhcks 12-27-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 19422)
I did take a class at this cake store that is on Bert Kouns at St. Vincent. There is a great lady named Gloria that teaches there. You can also take classes at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I liked Gloria's though. Smaller classes and she's hilarious. It is a lot of fun and if you like to bake, you will be able to have something fun to do with your baking skills. Here is a website you need to visit for inspiration (it's free to be a member):

www.cakecentral.com

This is a picture of a cake I did for a friend's daughter's birthday. It was one I did when I was first learning. Oh I forgot I am still just learning!

Attachment 1343

That is a really nice edible purse!!

mpc
www.mypastrychef.com

drthyhcks 12-27-2007 10:08 PM

I have been making cakes for a living for a long long time.
It is all produced at www.mypastrychef.com
We have had a licensed store front since 1995.
We were chosen best Louisiana wedding cake July 07, by People Magazine http://reallifeweddings.people.com/

Yes wedding cakes are costly, generally a great deal of time and expertise is involved with the large tiered cakes.

Good Luck with your wedding planning!
mpc
www.mypastrychef.com

j.nc 12-27-2007 10:31 PM

I don't know about cake but it is almost Pieday Friday.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-28-2007 07:50 AM

TGIF ! I want a big chocolate cake with white icing :D No candles needed !

Morpheus 12-28-2007 06:11 PM

I prefer white or yellow cake with chocolate icing.:D

Texasbelle 12-29-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 27003)
TGIF ! I want a big chocolate cake with white icing :D No candles needed !

I heard you LOUD and clear!!!

Texasbelle 12-29-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drthyhcks (Post 26996)
That is a really nice edible purse!!

mpc
www.mypastrychef.com

Why thank you!!! Still much much to learn. I'm off to classes in Dallas in January, off to a week of them next year at Wilton school with Colette Peters, and can't wait!!!!