Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technology (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   No Cell Phones On Planes! (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1065)

sbl_admin 04-04-2007 07:50 AM

No Cell Phones On Planes!

A government agency on Tuesday said it will keep a rule in place that requires cell phones to be turned off during airline flights.

AnimeSpirit 04-04-2007 08:29 AM

Mythbusters busted this one once. They found that airplanes have such efficient resonance insulation that no cell phone could possibly interfere. The rule requiring them to be turned off is merely a "better safe than sorry" deal.

joepole 04-04-2007 09:07 AM

Thank Jeebus. I don't care if they're perfectly safe, the last thing I want on an enclosed aircraft is 50 people yammering away on their cell phones.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-04-2007 09:11 AM

I agree with no cell phones on planes

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
Thank Jeebus. I don't care if they're perfectly safe, the last thing I want on an enclosed aircraft is 50 people yammering away on their cell phones.

I do not like yammering either :laugh: Joe do you know who Jeebus is and the history of Jeebus ? Just wondered :D
Isaac

AnimeSpirit 04-04-2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

I can agree with that. It would be irritating.

scarlett 04-04-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

If I had to listen to people around me talking about their personal problems or fighting with someone in an airplane I would definitely let loose and they would see a different side of me.

I know CVS won't take your prescription or give you your prescription if you are on a cell phone. There are signs at each area including the pickup window outside. People abuse the cell phone use is the problem and allowing them to be used on a place would definitely start AIR RAGE!

Texasbelle 04-04-2007 10:09 PM

I am nervous enough flying on a plane. I require a hand to hold, preferably my husband's, but to have someone blabbering away next to me on a phone would put me over the edge. And usually when I am flying it is to get away from the childrens and my husband's office so it's a great excuse not to answer the phone as well!!!!:D :D :D

Isaac-Saxxon 04-05-2007 07:02 PM

Put you over the edge you say ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I am nervous enough flying on a plane. I require a hand to hold, preferably my husband's, but to have someone blabbering away next to me on a phone would put me over the edge. And usually when I am flying it is to get away from the childrens and my husband's office so it's a great excuse not to answer the phone as well!!!!:D :D :D

Would that be like over the hill kink of edge or just a mental thing :laugh: My wife does not care for planes either but I will get on one no problem. Take a pill and chill they almost always get there :laugh:
Isaac

Texasbelle 04-05-2007 08:28 PM

Isaac, it's that "almost" that is the problem for your wife and I. I do prefer to fly drugged up!:D

Isaac-Saxxon 04-05-2007 08:34 PM

You have bye bye wings so you can fly

Quote:

Isaac, it's that "almost" that is the problem for your wife and I. I do prefer to fly drugged up!:D

Hey Tbelle what does a forty year old woman wear around her belly button ?
Isaac

Texasbelle 04-05-2007 08:37 PM

What?

Isaac-Saxxon 04-05-2007 08:41 PM

You know !

Quote:

What?

Her boobs just look down :laugh: :laugh:
Isaac