Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Van Halen coming close to shreveport! (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3127)

vixweb 11-27-2007 07:17 PM

Van Halen coming close to shreveport!

VanHalen has added new shows to their world tour including DALLAS on 1-26-08 and NewOrleans 2-8-08. Tickets go on sale 12-1-07 @ 10:00am. Prices are $49.00 - $149.00 The current line-up includes Diamond Dave, the brothers Eddie and Alex, and Eddie's son, Wolfgang (wolfie) on Bass.
:clapbig::clapbig:

Morpheus 11-27-2007 08:43 PM

Wonder if they can still rock out? Not sure with fresh out of rehab Eddie and young wolfgang on bass. I don't know the story, but I feel like Michael Anthony probably got a raw deal. I think Eddie must be difficult to work with. Now if he only had a family member that could sing, Diamond Dave would be out on his can again.

purpahurl 11-27-2007 10:04 PM

Van Halen kicks ass, but , I liked them better with Sammy Hagar. I had the honor of going to Caba Wabo in Cabo San Lucas when they had a bar there, I'm sorry but Margaritaville has nothing on this place. Of course this was back in the day. Eddy can bend a guitar like no other, but David Lee Roth is a has been. Sammy is still rockin'. That's just my opinion. I liked their sound and there songs with Sammy.

Morpheus 11-27-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 25486)
Van Halen kicks ass, but , I liked them better with Sammy Hagar. I had the honor of going to Caba Wabo in Cabo San Lucas when they had a bar there, I'm sorry but Margaritaville has nothing on this place. Of course this was back in the day. Eddy can bend a guitar like no other, but David Lee Roth is a has been. Sammy is still rockin'. That's just my opinion. I liked their sound and there songs with Sammy.

I liked sammy too-5150 rocked. but I could never admit to being a fan of Van Hagar until now.

purpahurl 11-27-2007 11:11 PM

Why now? What made you see the light?

LateNight 11-27-2007 11:24 PM

saw van hagar at the cotton bowl, during one of those Texas Jam concerts, they closed the show I believe.. never was a big fan of van halen, but had fun at the show..

I saw a clip recently from this most recent tour.. I think it was "jump" or something like that.. starts off with a keyboard riff.. anyways, they don't have a keyboard player, and the riff was being dubbed in from somewhere, only at like double speed or something.. so Eddie's guitar playing along with it, was way off key, it was HORRIBLE.

vixweb 11-28-2007 07:25 AM

Van Hagar?? :laugh::laugh: Are y'all serious?? :crazy:
Michael Anthony is not playing with them because he is under contract with Sammy Hagar and the Cabo Wabos. I saw an interview where he said he never expected a reunion, but maybe next time....:D

Morpheus 11-28-2007 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 25497)
Why now? What made you see the light?

Old enough now to be beyond the ridicule of my peers.

Morpheus 11-28-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 25507)
Van Hagar?? :laugh::laugh: Are y'all serious?? :crazy:
Michael Anthony is not playing with them because he is under contract with Sammy Hagar and the Cabo Wabos. I saw an interview where he said he never expected a reunion, but maybe next time....:D

I don't know why, but I always liked Michael Anthony. I guess because he didn't seem to fit-strange bedfellows.

joepole 11-28-2007 10:22 AM

>I had the honor of going to Caba Wabo in Cabo San Lucas when they had a bar there,

I've been there It was one of the scuzziest places I've ever been. Is it not open anymore? I was last there in 2000.

Morpheus 11-28-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight (Post 25498)
saw van hagar at the cotton bowl, during one of those Texas Jam concerts, they closed the show I believe.. never was a big fan of van halen, but had fun at the show..

I saw a clip recently from this most recent tour.. I think it was "jump" or something like that.. starts off with a keyboard riff.. anyways, they don't have a keyboard player, and the riff was being dubbed in from somewhere, only at like double speed or something.. so Eddie's guitar playing along with it, was way off key, it was HORRIBLE.

I thought Eddie played keyboard on Jump-or was that just for the video?

ahhhh so 80s-takes me back.

Isaac-Saxxon 11-28-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 25523)
I thought Eddie played keyboard on Jump-or was that just for the video?

ahhhh so 80s-takes me back.

You were just a zygote in the 80s Morpheus :laugh:

Pocahontas 11-28-2007 03:10 PM

I vote for Diamond Dave the original gigilo!:cool:

Morpheus 11-28-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 25524)
You were just a zygote in the 80s Morpheus :laugh:

negative ghostrider! My first job was at hastings records in Marshall mall. I was there when 1984 came out. I was under tremendous peer pressure to steal the life size "cherub smoking the cigarette" display that we had there.

Isaac-Saxxon 11-28-2007 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 25564)
negative ghostrider! My first job was at hastings records in Marshall mall. I was there when 1984 came out. I was under tremendous peer pressure to steal the life size "cherub smoking the cigarette" display that we had there.

Well I was 24 and you must have been 14 :monkey: I see you know the ghostrider on the storm ;)

Attachment 1893