Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Collecting (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What are some of your favorite toys from your childhood? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2105)

Isaac-Saxxon 07-17-2007 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
rockem-sockem-robots
Attachment 1052

Pocahontas 07-17-2007 04:27 PM

I loved those rock em sock em robots too. It was good having brothers because I got to play with the girl and boy toys!:cool:

Texasbelle 07-17-2007 07:29 PM

Actually, not a pageant girl first. Tomboy first. I believe I was hunting with my Daddy by the time I was four years old. I was my brother's football, yes they practiced football by throwing their infant sister across the room! It was great being the sister of EIGHT brothers! Don't mess with me much more Isaac. They do have my back.

I loved Atari!!! We had a whole lot of fun when that came out.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-17-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Actually, not a pageant girl first. Tomboy first. I believe I was hunting with my Daddy by the time I was four years old. I was my brother's football, yes they practiced football by throwing their infant sister across the room! It was great being the sister of EIGHT brothers! Don't mess with me much more Isaac. They do have my back.

You may be cocky but Tomboy not ! You are a powder puff and you know with all your pretty shoes and Parish Hilton dogs :laugh: You may have eight brothers but you a girly girl and ya know it Sista.

piemaker720 07-17-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle

I liked Atari too. My favorite game was Donkey Kong. Loved that game.

Texasbelle 07-17-2007 10:39 PM

Hey little boy when are you going to learn to read?????????? Did I say that I was still a Tom Boy? I think not. I am a girly girl through and through. I love shoes (lots of them), girly clothes, and on and on it goes. Powder puff? NOT. You can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl which translates into "I can't whip your butt anytime, anyplace."

LateNight 07-17-2007 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
rockem-sockem-robots
Attachment 1052

Rockem-sockem-robots were cool.. but it never failed.. you'd always end up with one of those things... where the slightest hit, and BAM.. KNOCK OUT.

:mad:

Pocahontas 07-18-2007 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1090
Here's a fun toy that could occupy me for a long time provided I had many of those round slide photos. They were cool because they were in 3D too.:cool:

rhertz 07-18-2007 08:06 PM

I liked:

Super Ball by Whamo
http://www.octhen.com/uploaded_image...all-753082.jpg

Super Stuff by Whamo (no pic)

Monster Magnet by Whamo
http://wesclark.com/am/monster_magnet.jpg

but the Water Wiggle by Whamo I did not like.
http://www.geocities.com/MusicForNimrods/newwiggle.jpg

enough for Whamo

I liked slot car tracks and Cox airplanes and Revell models. Erector sets, Lego were cool too.

Pocahontas 07-18-2007 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been wracking my brain to remember what the pink goo was called! Thanks! I found a photo of the packaging. Nowadays this would be the equivalent to that green slime. I just remember when the super stuff got debris in it it would get really funky and nasty!
Attachment 1092

Al Swearengen 07-18-2007 08:35 PM

Rhertz reminded me of the old "Slip-N_Slide" by Whamo that we'd break out every summer. Remember? It was the forty foot long, 3 foot wide strip of yellow vinyl that ya hooked up to your waterhose, then took a runnin dive onto for some bone-jarrin, skin-bruisin fun! And how about those "Jarts" giant lawn darts that ya threw up in the air and ran like hell? Now thats entertainment!

rhertz 07-18-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I have been wracking my brain to remember what the pink goo was called! Thanks! I found a photo of the packaging. Nowadays this would be the equivalent to that green slime. I just remember when the super stuff got debris in it it would get really funky and nasty!
Attachment 1092

Yeah slime is green but Super Stuff was red/pink. It came in a plastic bowl with a lid and a bag of powder inside. We would add water, close the lid and shake and put into the refridgerator. Waiting for it to congeal was the hardest part. So another difference is that slime is room temp but I always remember SuperStuff being cold. We would smear it on our face and blow big bubbles. I can still recall the smell although I haven't smelled it in decades.

LateNight 07-18-2007 10:13 PM

Yes I do remember those view-masters. they were pretty cool.. the images looked so sharp in those things.

Who would have known it would lead me into the world of 4-color process work and the scanning of slides in the printing business and a love of photography :)

oh yea, speaking of Lawn Darts.. HOW FREAKIN' CRAZY was that.. I remember being all of 7 years old, me and friends, unsupervised.. "Hey, lets throw lethal lawn darts around the yard!" man was that fun :)

rhertz 07-18-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Rhertz reminded me of the old "Slip-N_Slide" by Whamo that we'd break out every summer. Remember?

I had a super slide. My dad hated it because it killed the grass underneath!

Pocahontas 07-18-2007 10:46 PM

Yes those slip n slides are just an accident waiting to happen but a fun one at that! My parents hated how it killed the grass too. :laugh:

I remember the super stuff being pink but I had forgotten you have to mix it up an wait and wait for it to gel!

As for the lawn darts I remember my dad and his friends having these big lawn dart tournaments on holidays and thinking that was cool to watch those giant darts go sailing across the sky! We played with them too...it's amazing we are all still here to talk about these so called toys from our past!:)