Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Science & Technology (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Forecast: Sex and Marriage With Robots by 2050 (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2797)

Isaac-Saxxon 10-15-2007 04:33 PM

Forecast: Sex and Marriage With Robots by 2050

1 Attachment(s)
Humans could marry robots within the century. And consummate those vows.

Attachment 1594

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301736,00.html

Texasbelle 10-15-2007 04:36 PM

Hey hey hey .......here's your trophy wife Rhertz! It's guaranteed EACH and EVERY time!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

rhertz 10-15-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 22750)
Hey hey hey .......here's your trophy wife Rhertz! It's guaranteed EACH and EVERY time!!!

My favorite quote from "Alien Resurrection"..........

Johner: Hey, Vriess, you got a socket wrench? Maybe she just needs an oil change. Can't believe I almost fscked it.

Vriess: Yeah, like you never fscked a robot....

Isaac-Saxxon 10-15-2007 05:28 PM

Man vs Machine. She looks like she might just like sushi :laugh: I think we need hear from Joepole on this thread :idea:

Al Swearengen 10-15-2007 07:06 PM

I think this is a great idea...but I'd want to thoroughly inspect the orifices on that thang before I went stickin my *&$#@ into it...make sure there aint nothin sharp in there! :D

Texasbelle 10-15-2007 07:22 PM

Something a little scary about those that would choose machine over real woman!!!!

purpahurl 10-15-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 22771)
Something a little scary about those that would choose machine over real woman!!!!

You can turn a machine off!:laugh:

Al Swearengen 10-15-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 22771)

Well, its never "too tired" or "has a headache", wont get pregnant or give ya a disease, ya dont have to take it out for dinner and a movie or meet it's family and on and on...this things a winner any way ya look at it! I can even see real women eventually acceptin these things as God-sends.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-15-2007 07:57 PM

You would think they would make the toy better looking than that :laugh: She looks like the future trophy wife that never ages. I am sure they will make them in many flavors. Now if they do not spend money and can cook, clean and pour up and remember the olive :D

rhertz 10-15-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 22773)
You can turn a machine off!:laugh:

LOL, here's some more reasons...

-Electricity cost less than steak and lobster and wine.
-You only have to pay for her once for life (unless you buy her on credit)
-Robots look better in cubic zirconia than real diamonds.
-Robots never gain weight
-Robot women can do math really fast
-Don't need to stop to pee on long road trips
-Interchangable blonde/brunette hair
-Robots can be programmed to speak French when the lights are off.
-Built in MP3 player.... :D

Al Swearengen 10-15-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 22777)
LOL, here's some more reasons...

-Electricity cost less than steak and lobster and wine.
-You only have to pay for her once for life (unless you buy her on credit)
-Robots look better in cubic zirconia than real diamonds.
-Robots never gain weight
-Robot women can do math really fast
-Don't need to stop to pee on long road trips
-Interchangable blonde/brunette hair
-Robots can be programmed to speak French when the lights are off.
-Built in MP3 player.... :D

Hell, lets add some cup-holders and an ashtray while we're at it.

rhertz 10-15-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 22778)

LOL, naw think SciFi! I'm imagining an LCD ass with tattoo screensaver emulator so I don't get bored with the same old scenery! ;)

:duck:

purpahurl 10-15-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 22778)

Put handle bars on her and you can ride her while she rides you:laugh::laugh:

rhertz 10-15-2007 08:10 PM

We're all so bad!!! :o

purpahurl 10-15-2007 08:30 PM

That was funny. Tbelle aint got a dog in this fight.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-15-2007 08:39 PM

Hope she comes with a buddy bearing and thermostat.

Al Swearengen 10-15-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 22784)
That was funny. Tbelle aint got a dog in this fight.

LOL, yeah, but I can see it now...TBelle and the rest of the womenfolk are gonna be clamorin for the Keith Urban or the Viggo Mortensen style droids, and then where would we be?

purpahurl 10-15-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 22791)
LOL, yeah, but I can see it now...TBelle and the rest of the womenfolk are gonna be clamorin for the Keith Urban or the Viggo Mortensen style droids, and then where would we be?

Us menfolk would probably live longer from less nagging and stress.:p:p

Al Swearengen 10-15-2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 22792)
Us menfolk would probably live longer from less nagging and stress.:p:p

LOL, yeah, we could just tell em to take it up with the droid!;)

rhertz 10-15-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 22791)

Not going to happen. Haven't you seen Austin Powers? The Fembots are under OUR control. Who do you think invented robots in the first place? ;) We got all the Mojo!!

purpahurl 10-15-2007 09:36 PM

My robot would need nice "jumblies":laugh::laugh:

Al Swearengen 10-15-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 22800)
My robot would need nice "jumblies":laugh::laugh:

LOL, yes of course, "nice jumblies" are a must!

rhertz 10-15-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 22802)
LOL, yes of course, "nice jumblies" are a must!

Pocahontas 10-15-2007 10:29 PM

Well these robots would certainly give us real women a break! We could go on with our lives while y'all stay home in fantasy land with your life sized Barbie dolls! Where do I order one?:laugh::laugh:

purpahurl 10-15-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 22813)
Well these robots would certainly give us real women a break! We could go on with our lives while y'all stay home in fantasy land with your life sized Barbie dolls! Where do I order one?:laugh::laugh:

I would start at Thank you Lord.com:laugh::laugh:

Al Swearengen 10-15-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 22813)

See there, boys? What'd I tell ya? We could probably even get the women to bye em for us! Now if we could just get em to come out with a Norah Jones version for LateNight!;)

purpahurl 10-15-2007 11:00 PM

My wife might buy me two just to shut me up!!!!

purpahurl 10-15-2007 11:02 PM

If we could come out with a male "shopping companion" robot that loves to look and spend hours shopping and not buying we'd have it made.:laugh:

rhertz 10-15-2007 11:11 PM

Guys this is old news.. check out www.realdoll.com

Al Swearengen 10-15-2007 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 22828)
Guys this is old news.. check out www.realdoll.com

Yeah, Ive known about the RealDoll thing for years...they look and feel almost like the real thing and they come with a cleanin kit that has a bottlebrush type thingie and some sort of cleanin solution. There was a time when I seriously considered shellin out the 5 grand, but then I met my wife and ended up spendin the money on somethin else!:p Those RealDolls dont move on their own, ya hafta pose em, so the droid would be alot better. I remember an episode of "Real Sex" on HBO where they featured the RealDolls...it was kinda funny, they had this one guy on there, a satisfied customer who claimed he had "experiences" with the doll, which cracked me up...guy looked like a serious deviant too, but then I guess any of us would look like a perv if we got caught schtupin a doll!:D Then they showed these three hot lookin women gangin up on this male version of the doll...that was kinda interestin!

Isaac-Saxxon 10-16-2007 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You guys know your very first love was a robot. Her name was Rosie or better known as Rosie Palmer. :laugh:

Attachment 1598

Pocahontas 10-16-2007 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 22826)
If we could come out with a male "shopping companion" robot that loves to look and spend hours shopping and not buying we'd have it made.:laugh:

Not buy anything??? That would be YOUR fantasy!! Mr. Roboto would have to be loaded in the wallet as well as other areas!:laugh::laugh:

AnimeSpirit 10-16-2007 09:34 AM

I suppose I can support sex with a robot, but not marriage. Marriage comes with certain legal/financial benefits that I think should not be extended to an artificial mate. Even now, you can go out and buy a sex doll, but I don't think you can legally marry it.

As far as robot sex, why not? It might have a positive influence on mankind's run-away population.

joepole 10-16-2007 09:54 AM

Run-away population? The US is below replacement level birth-wise, immigration is the only thing that keeps us from shrinking. Europe is below replacement level. Asia and Africa are the only places with expanding populations.

We've barely passed six billion people worldwide, we're nowhere near any problem population levels, Earth as a whole is fairly sparsely populated.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-16-2007 10:13 AM

The Greenies would have your think that we are over populated. There is plenty of room on this planet. Good post joe.

AnimeSpirit 10-16-2007 11:51 AM

Sorry, but when we are stacking homes atop one another (tall buildings and apartments) to make room for housing, it's clear there are too many people.

LateNight 10-16-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit (Post 22858)
Sorry, but when we are stacking homes atop one another (tall buildings and apartments) to make room for housing, it's clear there are too many people.

Depends entirely on where you want to live. Might be too many people who want to live in one location.. doesn't mean we don't have plenty of vacant space available :)

Isaac-Saxxon 10-16-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Remember int the Matrix when Smith was talking to Morpheus. Man is like a virus that moves to a place and breeds until they take over. City's will always draw large crowds because of business. There is plenty of land just need to have people like the American pioneers to get it done. I was not calling you a greenie Anime :peace:

purpahurl 10-16-2007 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Here we go.

joepole 10-16-2007 02:10 PM

>Sorry, but when we are stacking homes atop one another (tall buildings and apartments) to make room for housing, it's clear there are too many people.

1. That makes absolutely no sense.

2. If that were true then the world has been overcrowded for thousands of years. What are the consequences of this overcrowding?

3. Why does the fact that some people are "stacking houses" mean we're too crowded, but the fact that most everybody else isn't doesn't mean we're not too crowded? By your logic if there existed a multi-story building anywhere in the world then we would have "too many people."

The Earth (disregarding Antarctica) has about 112 people per square mile, about 10% denser than Louisiana. Does Louisiana seem full to you?