Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   World News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Dollar Coin Goes Into Circulation Today (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1488)

sbl_admin 05-17-2007 01:07 PM

New Dollar Coin Goes Into Circulation Today

The latest one-dollar coin to honor U-S presidents comes out today

joepole 05-17-2007 01:16 PM

Did the government finally figure out nobody here wants money with chicks on it?

AnimeSpirit 05-17-2007 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I remember the gold Sacagawea dollar coin that was out about 4 years ago. I wonder what happened to us using that.

Attachment 589

Pocahontas 05-17-2007 03:51 PM

Guess maybe they should give it another shot with Pocahontas on the coin??:clap:

Sheba 05-17-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Guess maybe they should give it another shot with Pocahontas on the coin??:clap:

I think that's an awesome idea! Talk about a woman of influence!! :clap: :clap:

rhertz 05-17-2007 08:19 PM

Anyone remember the Susan B Anthony dollar? Boy was that a big success (not)...

I think that dollars should become quarters, quarters should become dimes, dimes should become nickles, and nickels should become pennies.. Then toss out the copper pennies since you can't buy anything with a penny anyway. Plus it would cost a lost, confuse a lot of people, and give the government something to do for years and years even though new coins wouldn't be necessary. (just re-purpose the old ones) Everyone would accept this especially if they have a bunch of quarters in a jar that sudden become dollars..... ;)

Millipede 05-17-2007 08:58 PM

Lol there are still tons of Susan B Anthony coins around. Put a 20 in a stamp machine and get 5 bucks worth of stamps. You will get 15 bucks in SBA dollars. : )

rhertz 05-17-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millipede
Lol there are still tons of Susan B Anthony coins around. Put a 20 in a stamp machine and get 5 bucks worth of stamps. You will get 15 bucks in SBA dollars. : )

LOL, I did not know that. My wife doesn't often leave me with twenties in my wallet, so I haven't ever noticed this yet..... :D

Millipede 05-17-2007 09:17 PM

Aww man, I totally know how you feel. I had a 5 in mine the other day. And she took it for something. I think she dropped me like 26 cents by my wallet when she got back.

AnimeSpirit 05-17-2007 09:58 PM

LOL! Maybe you guys should do what I do. Keep very little cash on you and just get a check card.

BrainSmashR 05-18-2007 05:55 AM

....and yet folks STILL ask me why I'm not married.

I just reply that's it's not so bad doing whatever I want, ALL of the time.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-18-2007 06:50 AM

Maybe it is because no self respecting female would have you or your gay.

BrainSmashR 05-18-2007 06:53 AM

And as usual, you'd be wrong and KNOW that you are telling a lie to boot.

Just can't help yourself CAN you christian....but you just keep right on telling yourself that your repeated lies aren't the reason people are turning their back on religion in ever increasing numbers.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-18-2007 06:57 AM

Devil child want to be your whole life is a big lie :laugh: :laugh: still in the closet ? Well that is ok girl I hope you stay there :laugh:

BrainSmashR 05-18-2007 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Devil child want to be your whole life is a big lie :laugh: :laugh: still in the closet ? Well that is ok girl I hope you stay there :laugh:

ad hominem (look it up, stupid)

BTW, are you openly discriminating against homosexuals here....I mean you ARE trying to use their sexuality as a slanderous comment against ME, right?

Go ahead and lie about that one too. You're as transparent as your book of all lies for the weakest mind,