Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Family & Home (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Childhood Memories (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3075)

Texasbelle 11-20-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 25090)
Hey Belle I see your new boots there is that to cover veins ? Do not fall down or break a heel :laugh::laugh:

You know Pie...we have the dumb ass (joe) and now we have the wise ass(Isaac).

No Isaac, no veins. I'll submit to a stem inspection if needed.

Al Swearengen 11-20-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 25085)
But he's a smart ass.

In a way, yes. He can out-google damn near anybody!

rhertz 11-20-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 25091)

Oh, Oh, can I inspect your stern? :D :duck:

rhertz 11-20-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 25096)
In a way, yes. He can out-google damn near anybody!

I like both Al and Joe. I consider you both to be pretty smart and I often relate to both of your viewpoints. Funny how you two go at it from a third party perspective. Perhaps opposites "poles" attract and like "poles" repel? :D :duck:

Al Swearengen 11-20-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 25098)
I like both Al and Joe. I consider you both to be pretty smart and I often relate to both of your viewpoints. Funny how you two go at it from a third party perspective. Perhaps opposites "poles" attract and like "poles" repel? :D :duck:

I like Joe too. He's wooden, dour, laconic, obsessed with minutia, and generally disagreeable. What's not to like?

piemaker720 11-20-2007 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 25091)
You know Pie...we have the dumb ass (joe) and now we have the wise ass(Isaac).

Now Belle I sure do like your new boots. Black uh, so when you kick Isaac's ass you won't be able to see the smear. :laugh::laugh: I posted a pic of Isaac on McDs but I'll put it here for you. Isaac in his true form.:laugh::laugh:

Attachment 1859

Love it. HeHe!

piemaker720 11-20-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 25102)
I like Joe too. He's wooden, dour, laconic, obsessed with minutia, and generally disagreeable. What's not to like?

Like I said earlier his list goes on.

piemaker720 11-20-2007 08:57 PM

Come on Al, give us a long ago story.:):)

Al Swearengen 11-20-2007 09:16 PM

Well lets see, I remember this one hot summer evenin when I was eight or nine. It was late in the afternoon, about 4 or 5. My two brothers and I were summoned to the backyard, where there was a huge "table" (basically a 4x8 ft sheet of plywood on a couple of sawhorses) set up, with a big watermelon, a butcher knife and a salt shaker. After the whole fam had scarfed down the watermelon, my dad flipped over the plywood sheet, where we could all see that he'd painted that side dark green. Then he came out with a little net and some paddles and we all played pingpong, badminton and horseshoes till it got dark.

piemaker720 11-20-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 25109)
Well lets see, I remember this one hot summer evenin when I was eight or nine. It was late in the afternoon, about 4 or 5. My two brothers and I were summoned to the backyard, where there was a huge "table" (basically a 4x8 ft sheet of plywood on a couple of sawhorses) set up, with a big watermelon, a butcher knife and a salt shaker. After the whole fam had scarfed down the watermelon, my dad flipped over the plywood sheet, where we could all see that he'd painted that side dark green. Then he came out with a little net and some paddles and we all played pingpong, badminton and horseshoes till it got dark.

:clap::clap::clap: very good Al.

purpahurl 11-20-2007 09:53 PM

I know someone who somtetimes views this website who has discharged a firearm indoors.:D:D:D

Unintentionaly of course, but it was a huge shock.

One time when I was about 15 I had a coon dog named Coon. A Catahoula. He was a puppy about 10 mos. me and my cousin were coon hunting along a big string of ponds and heard the dogs bark. They would only bark once the coon was treed. We were about 1/2 a mile away but it was all open land. When we got to the dogs, my dog and his 5 year old mother Susie, were in the middle of a lake and there was one cypress tree out there. We waded out to it and blew a predator call. Coons jumped out of that tree like rain. One of them jumped on my dog and he took off. A few minutes later I was standing in water up to my knees and a coon swam up to me and started climbing my leg. [i] could not get him off. The next thing I know I look up and here comes my dog over the levee of this lake straight for me and he grabs this coon by the neck and shakes him and keeps shaking him. I was never so proud of my dog. That was a great night. 21 years ago.

vixweb 11-20-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 25113)
I know someone on this thread who has discharged a firearm indoors.:D:D:D

Unintentionaly of course, but it was a huge shock.

Kind of a Barney Fife of sorts??:laugh:

purpahurl 11-20-2007 10:08 PM

I can't throw stones. I was shooting cowbirds feeding at my bird feeders last year. I had a nice blind set up in our sunroom, it was very cold, I had the window cracked and I was layed up on the couch with a 22 on pillows. The hunting was good. I reloaded and set my gun back up, I was looking through the scope at a fine specimen and fired. I blew the casing of a storm window out of the bricks. I felt pretty stupid. The barrel had dropped below the window casing, but the scope was still true.

Pocahontas 11-20-2007 10:24 PM

So Purpa you were shooting a firearm in your home? I hope you didn't have any kids present especially with that misfire! Shame, shame...:nono::eek:

purpahurl 11-20-2007 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 25117)
So Purpa you were shooting a firearm in your home? I hope you didn't have any kids present especially with that misfire! Shame, shame...:nono::eek:

I was teaching them what not to do. Education is the best policy.

They were probably watching Barney!

Actually if the kids had been in there then my targets would not have been feeding like I wanted.:D