Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   World News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Shooter kills 8 people before taking own life in shooting spree at mall (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3189)

sbl_admin 12-05-2007 10:03 PM

Shooter kills 8 people before taking own life in shooting spree at mall

A 19-year-old with a rifle opened fire at a busy Omaha shopping mall Wednesday, killing eight people before taking his own life

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/ima...774962b275.jpg

Isaac-Saxxon 12-06-2007 07:08 AM

To bad the evil bastard did not do it the other way around. What is wrong with our young people today ??? :rolleyes: Yep people done gone and put their Bible away.

Al Swearengen 12-06-2007 07:52 AM

Yeah...he got famous. Famous for bein a murderin sack o' schit. He's brought great and everlastin shame and dishonor to his family. May his name never be spoken, and may he burn in hell for all eternity. Amen.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-06-2007 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 26091)
Yeah...he got famous. Famous for bein a murderin sack o' schit. He's brought great and everlastin shame and dishonor to his family. May his name never be spoken, and may he burn in hell for all eternity. Amen.

Amen Brother Al ! The media helps promote copy cat crimes like this.

LateNight 12-06-2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 26091)

that makes way too much sense..

just read this..

Quote:

Mall shooter's suicide note: Now I'll be famous

A 19-year-old gunman who police said killed eight people and then himself at a Nebraska mall left a suicide note predicting the shootings would make him famous, his landlady said.
I understand having to report the news, etc etc.. but why couldn't they just say "Some idiot shot some folks at the mall then killed himself.. sport's are up next. "

but instead they'll plaster his name and picture everywhere, tell us all about his pitiful life, what drove him to it. yadda yadda yadda.

the idiot left a note "Now I'll be famous" and here they go..

AnimeSpirit 12-06-2007 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight (Post 26094)
I understand having to report the news, etc etc.. but why couldn't they just say "Some idiot shot some folks at the mall then killed himself.. sport's are up next. "

but instead they'll plaster his name and picture everywhere, tell us all about his pitiful life, what drove him to it. yadda yadda yadda.

the idiot left a note "Now I'll be famous" and here they go..

Oh well, his fame won't last. He'll be forgotten soon enough.

joepole 12-06-2007 09:15 AM

>Yep people done gone and put their Bible away.

Religion cures crazy? There's some crispy corpses in Waco that might disagree.

AnimeSpirit 12-06-2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 26098)

Not to mention in Jonestown, Guyana.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-06-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit (Post 26100)

I am sure there are some that got burned at the stake too :rolleyes: Good to see you two sitting on the same fragile limb :laugh:

joepole 12-06-2007 11:08 AM

"There are plenty of religious nuts" is a "fragile limb?" Seems like more of an indisputable fact to me.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-06-2007 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 26109)
"There are plenty of religious nuts" is a "fragile limb?" Seems like more of an indisputable fact to me.

There are just as many agnostic fools sitting on their own rotten limb. Seems like more of an indisputable fact to me :laugh: JP still love ya man but book smarts will only take you so far. Ignorance is bliss ;) when it comes to things of much deeper value.

joepole 12-06-2007 11:58 AM

>There are just as many agnostic fools sitting on their own rotten limb.

Just as many as what? Crazy people that are religious, too?

Isaac-Saxxon 12-06-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 26118)
>There are just as many agnostic fools sitting on their own rotten limb.

Just as many as what? Crazy people that are religious, too?

Yes ! Churches are full of them :laugh: and the limbs are are just as full of agnostic fools :mad!:

rhertz 12-06-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 26098)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anime

Who thinks that either Jim Jones or the Branch Davidians were good Christians? Only then could you call these people "Religious" instead of "egomanical", "neurotic", or whatever word fits. There are many who have a lot to say about religion who are not truely religious themselves.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-06-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 26125)
Who thinks that either Jim Jones or the Branch Davidians were good Christians? Only then could you call these people "Religious" instead of "egomanical", "neurotic", or whatever word fits. There are many who have a lot to say about religion who are not truely religious themselves.

Being religious is a man made way of thinking with emotions. I agree with your post rhertz and the crispy critters tell no lies now do they ;)