Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Government & Politics (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   SBLive handles Blank-O with kidgloves (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2921)

joepole 11-02-2007 12:16 AM

>our Second Amendment rights are, for the most part, largely ceremonial these days,

Ceremonial in their ability to protect us from the government? Yes. Ceremonial in their ability to protect us from each other? Hardly.

God bless the castle doctrine. I can't believe a law so sensical ever made it through the Louisiana legislature.

Pocahontas 11-02-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 24017)
See if you can find me in this picture from high school.

It's big so I linked to it. I uploaded it full size, but the shreveport.com server scaled it down to 1800xsomething.

I think you are the guy licking the girl in the center, perhaps?:p

Al Swearengen 11-02-2007 12:37 AM

Although the "registration-legislation-confiscation-eradication" scenario has historically been the way tyrannical regimes have rendered their populations helpless and ripe for oppression, there are no set rules, no "Dictators Playbook" that must be followed. The bad guy's have learned a thing or two since Hitler and Stalin's time. In all likelihood, they'll do it exactly the way they did it in New Orleans...they'll just show up on our doorsteps one day or night, demandin that we turn over our guns as they ransack our homes. And this is why we must be forever vigilant, forever suspicious of government inquiries as to whether we own any guns, what type and how many. I think it would be prudent to view the New Orleans Gun Grab as a possible test run...that is, a small-scale experiment designed to gauge the level of resistence to gun confiscation in advance of a nationwide attempt to disarm the American public.

Al Swearengen 11-02-2007 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 24024)
>our Second Amendment rights are, for the most part, largely ceremonial these days,

Ceremonial in their ability to protect us from the government? Yes. Ceremonial in their ability to protect us from each other? Hardly.

God bless the castle doctrine. I can't believe a law so sensical ever made it through the Louisiana legislature.

Well said. Amen!

Morpheus 11-02-2007 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 24023)
...But, rest assured, if anyone-cops or military, kicked in MY door....I am a pretty good shot and have plenty of ammo. They would eventually kill me, but not before I took out a bunch of them. ...but I will NOT be dis-armed.

Hey Vix, it's quotes like these that will make great CNN news bytes later after the police end your standoff!

joepole 11-02-2007 09:03 AM

>I think you are the guy licking the girl in the center, perhaps?

Holy crap, even my family couldn't find me that well.

Pocahontas 11-02-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 24037)
>I think you are the guy licking the girl in the center, perhaps?

Holy crap, even my family couldn't find me that well.

I was always good at finding Waldo too!:D

vixweb 11-02-2007 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 24031)
Hey Vix, it's quotes like these that will make great CNN news bytes later after the police end your standoff!

I can't IMAGINE why there would be a standoff, with the police or military....unless they just wanted to take my weapons. In that case, I couldn't care less about sound bites- especially since NOBODY is watching CNN:D