Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Health & Wellness (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Plastic Surgery Gone Wrong (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1119)

Texasbelle 04-12-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by refugen3
All right, I guess the weather got nice and I dissapeared for a bit and then I missed an actual reply!! Imagine that. :D
Well, I guess my response rattled up a bees nest. You must be in the medical field or related? Me to. I have 2 in the family a Doctor and a RN. They are wonderful!!! And I appreciate all the hard work Drs. and staff do. I just personally have a trust issue with most of them. My problem - not theirs. And I also have a dear friend that has breast cancer and is going through chemo right now. I help out when I can with food and kids.
I still think if it was me I'd try the change of diet (radical) and the more homeopathic approach. Just me :D I guess I'm a bit strange :o

I hope you don't try that homeopathic approach if you ever develop cancer. And yes the medical field is a big deal in this house!

refugen3 04-12-2007 05:49 PM

Oh yes, call me a naturalist if you will. I believe, after seeing what I have, I'll make my choices based on my experiences.
While, when it comes to others I wouldn't take any "chances". Or tell them not to go with conventional tx.
I don't agree that any profession has all the answers. That would be God, and last I checked not even the medical field ( all of them, and all their knowledge put together ) can fill His shoes. So I prefer to keep an open mind in this area.
Ok , that's all I'll say, I'm not trying to upset anyone.
I'm no match for you and I'm not trying to! I concede:D

Isaac-Saxxon 04-13-2007 09:09 AM

Luke was a doctor and a man of God

Quote:

Originally Posted by refugen3
Oh yes, call me a naturalist if you will. I believe, after seeing what I have, I'll make my choices based on my experiences.
While, when it comes to others I wouldn't take any "chances". Or tell them not to go with conventional tx.
I don't agree that any profession has all the answers. That would be God, and last I checked not even the medical field ( all of them, and all their knowledge put together ) can fill His shoes. So I prefer to keep an open mind in this area.
Ok , that's all I'll say, I'm not trying to upset anyone.
I'm no match for you and I'm not trying to! I concede:D

I am just saying the two go hand in hand. I can see how someone would be skeptical of doctors. There are many that might not pass the test but with a little home work you can find out who the good ones are and who you can trust to look after you. I welcome your post refugen3 and I hope you will post your thoughts more often.
Isaac

Interested w/ an Opinion 04-13-2007 12:44 PM

As far as the plastic surgery goes..I would love to be able to get the crows feet and the wrinkles smoothed out at some point...I don't mind getting older..I just don't want to look older...( i want my cake and eat it too.. :p )..as with everything there is always someone who will take it to the extreme. Of course I think the doctors have a responsibility to tell the patient enough is enough! Unfortunately it's a big money market and greed tends to rule.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-25-2007 06:53 AM

Well now ! Just when they could not think of another way to alter the human body you find out that you are dead wrong :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Sheba 05-25-2007 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Well now ! Just when they could not think of another way to alter the human body you find out that you are dead wrong :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

And to think, we used to just starve ourselves to look like the magazine pix. I am really concerned about the level of insecurity women in society have today - bodies have become the ultimate idol to worship. It must look "perfect" or it is completely flawed. Even if you lose the "feel good" part?!?! There's no being happy with who we are. Most scary for my daughter & her young generation.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-25-2007 08:13 AM

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity :clap:

Pocahontas 05-25-2007 10:13 AM

This is an alarming and unnecessary procedure! I guess after getting new boobs, and having lipo and tummy tucks...this is all that's left to "fix"!

mixmaster 05-25-2007 08:06 PM

I think there is something to be said for natural laugh lines and crinkles at the eye-lids. Where is the love in a frozen smile?

Isaac-Saxxon 05-25-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixmaster
I think there is something to be said for natural laugh lines and crinkles at the eye-lids. Where is the love in a frozen smile?

Hey Mix you could say alot for me then :eek: Been a fisherman all my life and long hours in the boat and the back of my neck looks like a road map with sun lines in it. I covered up the rest of my lily white self from the sun with cotton fishing clothes. What would Mr. Tyler say ? "The lines on my face are getting clearer " :eek: Dream on, dream on :D

scarlett 05-25-2007 09:01 PM

I totally missed this post so I will give my .03 I personally feel if you want it do it and no one should care since it's not their decision. I would want plastic surgery which area I won't discuss but if I could afford it I would do it. I know in this area most people are VERY PLASTIC/FAKE/SOME TYPE OF SURGERY so I am in the minority here. My insurance won't cover mine and yes it's something that I really need not want but need.

If people have fake boobs, tummy tuck, longer GENITAL area, no more wrinkles who cares? It's their body to do what they want and if it makes them look better it's NOYDB!!

Isaac-Saxxon 05-25-2007 09:08 PM

I would have to think long and hard before I will let the doctor use the knife but I am all for the ones that want or need it. I am sure they could do some work on me but for now I will let old man time inch me down the track. Yes I know it is none of my business but after knowing some folks that have been there and watching the TV shows it is fun to guess what is real and what is not we all people watch anyway. ;)

scarlett 05-25-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

I would have to think long and hard before I will let the doctor use the knife but I am all for the ones that want or need it. I am sure they could do some work on me but for now I will let old man time inch me down the track. Yes I know it is none of my business but after knowing some folks that have been there and watching the TV shows it is fun to guess what is real and what is not we all people watch anyway. ;)

and most men like the "fake" stuff its more attractive for some reason :D I am totally real here but if i could do the fake stuff i honestly would

Isaac-Saxxon 05-25-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett
and most men like the "fake" stuff its more attractive for some reason :D I am totally real here but if i could do the fake stuff i honestly would

It is the curve that makes us men mad as a March Hare :banana: Tig ole bitties and cups on the pound cakes :D

scarlett 05-25-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

It is the curve that makes us men mad as a March Hare :banana: Tig ole bitties and cups on the pound cakes :D

Well from statistics they like the "smaller" ones ........:cool: Right rhertz?