Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Religion & Spirit (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   A Pagan's Theories on Recinarnation (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547)

LateNight 11-29-2007 02:42 PM

here we go :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

joepole 11-29-2007 04:00 PM

>I could confidently take the pros of your argument and refute them

That is not "presenting both sides of an argument," that is presenting one side of an argument.

Morpheus 11-29-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 25645)
>I could confidently take the pros of your argument and refute them

That is not "presenting both sides of an argument," that is presenting one side of an argument.

I'm not following your superior intellect Joe. How can I refute something that I do not present?

For example, my colleague, Joe, says that the world is flat. In defense of his theory, Joe states A, B, and C (it will help if you imagine that A, B, and C are consistent with current accepted science). Well my friends, Joe is not correct. On point A (disprove A), on point B (disprove B), and finally on point C (disprove C). This is Comp 101 Joe.

Morpheus 11-29-2007 05:05 PM

BTW Tomoshibi, sorry to hijack your thread. I don't mean any disrespect.

Al Swearengen 11-29-2007 06:18 PM

I think "Tom" correctly assumed that everyone is by now completely familiar with the "ascension" theory, which is why he didnt bother rehashin it in his article.

Isaac-Saxxon 11-29-2007 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 25650)
I'm not following your superior intellect Joe. How can I refute something that I do not present?

For example, my colleague, Joe, says that the world is flat. In defense of his theory, Joe states A, B, and C (it will help if you imagine that A, B, and C are consistent with current accepted science). Well my friends, Joe is not correct. On point A (disprove A), on point B (disprove B), and finally on point C (disprove C). This is Comp 101 Joe.

Morpheus 1
Joepole 0
next round :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Time for someone to go see the oracle.
Attachment 1901

joepole 11-29-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Easily. I could present it, you could assume the listener knows it, it could be present in some referenced material, etc.

Quote:

For example, my colleague, Joe, says that the world is flat. In defense of his theory, Joe states A, B, and C (it will help if you imagine that A, B, and C are consistent with current accepted science). Well my friends, Joe is not correct. On point A (disprove A), on point B (disprove B), and finally on point C (disprove C).
But in that case you're only providing support for your own point of view, something you earlier described as something only someone with a weak argument does.

joepole 11-29-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Morpheus 1
Joepole 0
next round
You were the referee in charge of watching Arkansas' defensive players for holding, weren't you?

Al Swearengen 11-29-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 25650)

Morph, the real question isnt how but why would ya refute somethin ya didnt present? Not that it matters anyway, since we can count on Joe to do the refutin!

joepole 11-29-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

why would ya refute somethin ya didnt present
Because that's how every argument/disagreement/discussion of opposing viewpoints ever happens. Person A says something Person B disagrees with and Person b refutes it.

rhertz 11-29-2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 25674)
Person A says something Person B disagrees with and Person b refutes it.

I refute that! Maybe Person B agrees to disagree. Person A may still disagree to 'agree to disagree'.

joepole 11-29-2007 09:44 PM

I can't agree to that.

LateNight 11-29-2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 25675)
I refute that! Maybe Person B agrees to disagree. Person A may still disagree to 'agree to disagree'.

BAM ! In your face !! LOL :laugh: :cool:

Al Swearengen 11-29-2007 10:06 PM

Lets all just refute everything each other says, every time one of us says somethin. Wouldnt that be fun?

Al Swearengen 11-29-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 25676)
I can't agree to that.

No, ya could agree to it. Ya just wont. There's a difference.

Note how I successfully refuted that statement. Joe is now squirmin in the grip o' reason.