Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   World News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Dating - Men Choose Pretty Women - Women Are Choosier (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2554)

sbl_admin 09-04-2007 08:01 AM

Dating - Men Choose Pretty Women - Women Are Choosier

Science is confirming what most women know: When given the choice for a mate, men go for good looks.

piemaker720 09-04-2007 08:19 AM

Then they must be idiots. A homely looking person can be have a better personally. I would choose that over looks any day.

Texasbelle 09-04-2007 09:05 AM

Every body likes a pretty package, but a pretty package with brains and heart is the best. A smart man looks for what's inside the package not the wrappings.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-04-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 20709)
Every body likes a pretty package, but a pretty package with brains and heart is the best. A smart man looks for what's inside the package not the wrappings.

I only look what is in her heart :rolleyes: or maybe what is over her heart too :D

AnimeSpirit 09-04-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 20709)

Not necessarily. Those wrappings can reveal a great deal about the person too if your perception and judge of character is any good. With your rationale, you obviously agree that physical appearance is no indication of personality. If so, the reverse should be equally true.

For example, I would definitely wanna see a picture of a girl I meet online or through a friend before asking her out. Why? Because if she is wearing all black, with numerous piercings throughout her face, and ghost-white skin (an extreme Goth), SORRY! You are definitely NOT my type. Or, if the girl dresses excessively trampy and looks like a California prostitute, you are not my type.

I'm not picky as far as physical appearance, but I won't force myself to date someone I am simply not attracted to, be it over their appearance or personality. There are criteria within both that would cause me to rule out a potential date.

Personality is important too (a fact many people underestimate), but it is no reason to entirely ignore physical appearance, presentability, and general visual impressions.

Besides all of that, I have heard of women who choose their men based on their financial class, their lifestyle, and even their wardrobe. Therefore, women are just as guilty as men at ignoring personality.

joepole 09-04-2007 10:46 AM

>A smart man looks for what's inside the package not the wrappings.

A smart man looks for both. Good looks are just as important as anything else.

Luckily, my wife doesn't follow this plan.

LSU 09-04-2007 11:04 AM

I just hope that one day women can look past this perfectly sculpted face and this body of a greek god and see the inner LSU, i'am very compassionate and have many deep feelings, i am not just some sex object for women to gawk over!;)

Texasbelle 09-04-2007 12:59 PM

So everybody, for those who are in a relationship ...what did attract you to your spouse first?

Isaac-Saxxon 09-04-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 20734)
So everybody, for those who are in a relationship ...what did attract you to your spouse first?

Olive skin and those big brown eyes :eyeball::eyeball: oh and that curve yes the female curve.

Pocahontas 09-04-2007 03:07 PM

Blue eyes, nice lips, over the top personality (not all could handle) and intelligence!:D

joepole 09-04-2007 03:18 PM

Her ability to tolerate me.

Texasbelle 09-04-2007 03:52 PM

For me, it was Mr. Belle's sweet personality, he's tall, and very handsome! He was also willing to take on a single mom with children and love them as his own. It takes a very special man to do that.

joepole 09-04-2007 03:57 PM

No way. Single moms are the best because you know they put out.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-04-2007 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 20745)

So I take it you are married to a girl that had children before and you went in the second round draft private Pyle :rolleyes:
Attachment 1450
Hey Romeo it must be your brains because it sure ain't your looks. :laugh::laugh:

piemaker720 09-04-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 20745)

Your true spots are showing you dawg. Whoof,Whoof :D