Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food & Dining (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Any Cake Makers out there ? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2376)

Isaac-Saxxon 12-30-2007 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 27028)
I heard you LOUD and clear!!!

When do I need to place my oder with the Queen of Cakes ?? If you can not do it let me know and I will call mpc :laugh: Do not touch the eggs ;)

Texasbelle 12-30-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 27049)
When do I need to place my oder with the Queen of Cakes ?? If you can not do it let me know and I will call mpc :laugh: Do not touch the eggs ;)

Your order has been placed. And NO, I will only be touching the eggs with gloved hands!!! But please remember, the design is of MY CHOICE!!!

drthyhcks 12-30-2007 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 27049)

Isaac-Saxxon -Oh... OK, I'm a good back up. That's Ok, cause my cakes are $$$.

Texasbelle- I went to a seminar and Collette did a 3 hour demo with Q&A, she is dingy (in a good way). It is much fun :)sharing with others in the craft/business.

Happy New Year!!:pray:
mpc

Isaac-Saxxon 12-31-2007 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drthyhcks (Post 27058)

Texasbelle- I went to a seminar and Collette did a 3 hour demo with Q&A, she is dingy (in a good way). It is much fun :)sharing with others in the craft/business.

mpc

I know Tbelle places a extra scoop of love in hers and the price is hard to beat. Just how much do your cakes cost ? Lot of mark up I would think ?

Texasbelle 12-31-2007 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drthyhcks (Post 27058)

mpc

I just do it for fun. Another hobby to conquer so to speak and only do them for family or friends. They are all Free!!! I might need to hang out with dthyhcks though and become an "intern"!!!!

So now tell me, do you watch Ace of Cakes? Does he get on your nerve with his arrogance? I admire his talent but oh the arrogance.

Pocahontas 12-31-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drthyhcks (Post 26997)
I have been making cakes for a living for a long long time.
It is all produced at www.mypastrychef.com
We have had a licensed store front since 1995.
We were chosen best Louisiana wedding cake July 07, by People Magazine http://reallifeweddings.people.com/

Yes wedding cakes are costly, generally a great deal of time and expertise is involved with the large tiered cakes.

Good Luck with your wedding planning!
mpc
www.mypastrychef.com

Congrats on y'alls award winning cake...good job! I was surprised at how many cakes on that list were under $400! The one we got was way more than that, but still in the ballpark for the amount of people we had to feed. I have a couple of more daughters so we'll keep y'all in mind!:)

drthyhcks 01-03-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 27068)
I know Tbelle places a extra scoop of love in hers and the price is hard to beat. Just how much do your cakes cost ? Lot of mark up I would think ?

Oh there is a lotta love in my cakes too!:D
But I have to charge if I want to pay bills. There is a price list on my website www.mypastrychef.com click on price. Wedding cakes start around $250

mpc

drthyhcks 01-03-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 27070)
I just do it for fun. Another hobby to conquer so to speak and only do them for family or friends. They are all Free!!! I might need to hang out with dthyhcks though and become an "intern"!!!!

So now tell me, do you watch Ace of Cakes? Does he get on your nerve with his arrogance? I admire his talent but oh the arrogance.

I haven't seen Ace Of Cakes in a year since I dropped Satellite. He was entertaining in the shows I saw.
They could make a show at my place and it would be just as humorous.

As far as interning... how far away do you live and when can you be here? tonight, tomorrow? hahaah
mpc

drthyhcks 01-03-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 27084)
Congrats on y'alls award winning cake...good job! I was surprised at how many cakes on that list were under $400! The one we got was way more than that, but still in the ballpark for the amount of people we had to feed. I have a couple of more daughters so we'll keep y'all in mind!:)

Thank you!
I totally give GOD the glory for that one. I couldn't believe that someone from the north end of Louisiana was recognized for this in a national magazine. The bride and groom were so happy to get all this recognition also.

mpc