Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   My Swords (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1142)

AnimeSpirit 04-12-2007 03:00 PM

My Swords

4 Attachment(s)
Since some of us have seen Brain's swords in his photo gallery, I feel compelled to show off mine. :D

This is a hilt shot of my katana. It is the only sword I have that is sharpened to a razor-edge, capable of slicing through a person if needed. Though this sword has never seen that kind of action, I have used it in cutting demonstrations and simple exercises.
Attachment 284

This is my heaviest blade, the 40lb bastard sword (yes, that is actually what it's called). Notice how the sword is pressing itself deeper into the sheet, a testment to its monstrous weight. It is 4 feet long from the end of the hilt to the tip of the blade. It isn't very sharp with exception of the tip, but considering its weight, it doesn't have to be. This sword is designed to swing with both hands, but I can wield it single-handed.
Attachment 285

Here's a somewhat further shot of both swords. You can see part of the katana scabbard too.
Attachment 286

Here's an even further shot to give you an idea of how long these swords are.
Attachment 287

I also have a set of double kodachis with a blue wrap. These are very low-quality as the blades are somewhat loose. I also have a home-made forged blade with a generic Chinese design. Last year, I sold a heavy Black Merlin sword that was covered in spikes. I'm hoping to buy a really nice high-carbon folded blade within the next few months.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-12-2007 03:15 PM

So its that large sword that gets all the attention

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Since some of us have seen Brain's swords in his photo gallery, I feel compelled to show off mine. :D

This is a hilt shot of my katana. It is the only sword I have that is sharpened to a razor-edge, capable of slicing through a person if needed. Though this sword has never seen that kind of action, I have used it in cutting demonstrations and simple exercises.
Attachment 284

This is my heaviest blade, the 40lb bastard sword (yes, that is actually what it's called). Notice how the sword is pressing itself deeper into the sheet, a testment to its monstrous weight. It is 4 feet long from the end of the hilt to the tip of the blade. It isn't very sharp with exception of the tip, but considering its weight, it doesn't have to be. This sword is designed to swing with both hands, but I can wield it single-handed.
Attachment 285

Here's a somewhat further shot of both swords. You can see part of the katana scabbard too.
Attachment 286

Attachment 287

I also have a set of double kodachis with a blue wrap. These are very low-quality as the blades are somewhat loose. I also have a home-made forged blade with a generic Chinese design. Last year, I sold a heavy Black Merlin sword that was covered in spikes. I'm hoping to buy a really nice high-carbon folded blade within the next few months.

So its that large sword that gets all the attention
So Anime you have all the ladies posting to you for a reason :o Well that is just not fair :nono: So you really have a forty pound sword ? Wow ! JK very nice cutlery you have Sir.
Isaac

Pocahontas 04-12-2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

Attachment 284

Attachment 285

Attachment 286

Attachment 287

MY MY Anime what a nice BIG sword you have!!!:D ;)

Texasbelle 04-12-2007 04:50 PM

Oh my my what a sword you have Anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

refugen3 04-12-2007 06:16 PM

So...........since your sword is 40 pounds, is it hard to hold up?
Do you practice with it quite often, or is it just to put on display?:D

AnimeSpirit 04-12-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by refugen3
So...........since your sword is 40 pounds, is it hard to hold up?
Do you practice with it quite often, or is it just to put on display?:D

I do practice with and it can get very hard to hold up unless you're accustomed to working with it. I do, however, keep it in very good condition. The big sword is never used for cutting anything.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-12-2007 08:27 PM

Anime I do not think you are getting the whole picture

:shocked:
Quote:

I do practice with and it can get very hard to hold up unless you're accustomed to working with it. I do, however, keep it in very good condition. The big sword is never used for cutting anything.

I think these girls think you are packing :banana: :banana: not to take away from your cultlery but you da man grasshopper your Japanese name would be Onehung LO :jawdrop:
Isaac

AnimeSpirit 04-12-2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
:shocked:
I think these girls think you are packing :banana: :banana: not to take away from your cultlery but you da man grasshopper your Japanese name would be Onehung LO :jawdrop:
Isaac

I made the connection, but I was trying to ignore it. ;) Lol! Onehung Lo sounds more like a Chinese name, but funny. :D

Pocahontas 04-12-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

I made the connection, but I was trying to ignore it. ;) Lol! Onehung Lo sounds more like a Chinese name, but funny. :D

Hey Anime...I'm just kidding around with you! :p That really is an interesting collection you have there! It looks like it could be quite an expensive hobby as well! How long have you been a collector?

AnimeSpirit 04-12-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Hey Anime...I'm just kidding around with you! :p That really is an interesting collection you have there! It looks like it could be quite an expensive hobby as well! How long have you been a collector?

I've been collecting for about 7 years, when I became old enough to buy blades without a parent holding my hand. :p It can get expensive sometimes because good blades are hand-made and take weeks or more to forge. As I mentioned in another thread, I like checking around pawn shops because they usually have no clue what the value of their swords are. It's very easy to haggle. :D

BrainSmashR 04-13-2007 06:03 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Your Katana actually looks a little like mine. Do you have the whole set?

Sorry, no pics of them....I don't have a display stand.

AnimeSpirit 04-13-2007 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Your Katana actually looks a little like mine. Do you have the whole set?

Sorry, no pics of them....I don't have a display stand.

No, I just the one. I don't have a display stand either.

Texasbelle 04-13-2007 08:09 AM

Want to see a picture of my shoe collection? I have a closet just for them!!!!:D :D :D jk

refugen3 04-13-2007 11:22 AM

Seriously

Quote:

After I made this post I had just gotten through weed eatin'. So I was thinking how heavy those things must be. Honest. After about 45 min. to an hour I have to rest.( my arms being worn out and all) So I was really interested, the fun of it just kind of played in. :D
In real life.......you know person to person, I would have never questioned.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-13-2007 11:29 AM

I think a laugh would be in order here

Quote:

Originally Posted by refugen3
After I made this post I had just gotten through weed eatin'. So I was thinking how heavy those things must be. Honest. After about 45 min. to an hour I have to rest.( my arms being worn out and all) So I was really interested, the fun of it just kind of played in. :D
In real life.......you know person to person, I would have never questioned.

:rotflol: Come on Anime we think your sword is cool but it is hard not to laugh a little at the post :laugh: :laugh: Do you ever chop up watermelons with it ?
Isaac