Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vandal Tells Church Members; "The Voices Made Me Do It" (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1056)

sbl_admin 04-02-2007 11:31 AM

Vandal Tells Church Members; "The Voices Made Me Do It"

An alleged vandal told church members; "The Voices Made Me Do It" for destroying property at the Praise Temple Full Gospel Baptist Cathedral

rhertz 04-02-2007 11:53 AM

Not all people who go to church are devinely inspired by God. Some are "devinely inspired" by by negative forces just as others are by positive forces. This board is sometimes proof of that! :shocked:

AnimeSpirit 04-02-2007 01:00 PM

Aww! But the voices are SO convincing. :p

Al Swearengen 04-02-2007 06:22 PM

"Look at me I'm running
Ooh, what have I done
Oh I must have hurt someone
Dark in subway station
Gimme place to hide
Oh I hear the voices deep inside
And oh oh oh the voice is singing

Diddy doo wop oh oh oh oh oh
Diddy doo wop
Well it starts in my head and it ends when I stop
Keep singin diddy doo wop

Charlie liked the Beatles
Sam, he liked Rich Girl
But I'm still hung up on the Duke of Earl
Reachin for the handle
Slicin thru the air
Oh the doo wop voices everywhere
And ooh oh oh the Duke is singing

Diddy doo wop oh oh oh oh
Diddy doo wop
I hear the voices voices
Diddy doo wop ooh oh oh
Well its the voice that I hear at the subway stop
Keeps singing diddy doo wop

Isaac-Saxxon 04-03-2007 07:18 AM

Al I need some help with this one

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
"Look at me I'm running
Ooh, what have I done
Oh I must have hurt someone
Dark in subway station
Gimme place to hide
Oh I hear the voices deep inside
And oh oh oh the voice is singing

Diddy doo wop oh oh oh oh oh
Diddy doo wop

Charlie liked the Beatles
Sam, he liked Rich Girl
But I'm still hung up on the Duke of Earl
Reachin for the handle
Slicin thru the air
Oh the doo wop voices everywhere
And ooh oh oh the Duke is singing

Diddy doo wop oh oh oh oh
Diddy doo wop
I hear the voices voices
Diddy doo wop ooh oh oh
Well its the voice that I hear at the subway stop
Keeps singing diddy doo wop

So Al have you been singing this song or is it just from your infinite library of wisdom and funny comments ?
Isaac

Texasbelle 04-03-2007 07:56 AM

It's the voices in my head that keep telling me to buy all those shoes in my closet!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: And I am going to keep listening to them.

Seriously though, there are mentally ill people out there who could be hearing voices, a schziophrenic for instance. I probably misspelled that this early and if you have never dealt with someone in your family who has truly suffered from mental illness then you can not possibly understand how sick they can get. It is impossible to fathom true mental illness until you have experienced it.

I refuse to judge this person because we do not know if this is real illness or not. I do hope they get some help whatever caused them to do it.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-03-2007 09:28 AM

Beware of shoe people

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
It's the voices in my head that keep telling me to buy all those shoes in my closet!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: And I am going to keep listening to them.

Seriously though, there are mentally ill people out there who could be hearing voices, a schziophrenic for instance. I probably misspelled that this early and if you have never dealt with someone in your family who has truly suffered from mental illness then you can not possibly understand how sick they can get. It is impossible to fathom true mental illness until you have experienced it.

I refuse to judge this person because we do not know if this is real illness or not. I do hope they get some help whatever caused them to do it.

I am sure there is a name for people that buy shoes as a fix. I know I live with some shoe lovers and it is a very strange thing. Foot fetish :laugh: There is help out there for people. I refuse to judge this person because we do not know if this is real illness or not.
Isaac

BrainSmashR 04-03-2007 12:06 PM

So what's the difference between this guy and any other biblical figure labeled as "divinely inspired"? Why is this guy potentially crazy and Moses was a prophet?

rhertz 04-03-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I am sure there is a name for people that buy shoes as a fix. I know I live with some shoe lovers and it is a very strange thing. Foot fetish :laugh: There is help out there for people. I refuse to judge this person because we do not know if this is real illness or not.

Nobody has more shoes that my wife. I will take ya'll on in a shoe competition if you like. But I'm warning ya......

She even has one expensive pair of Italian shoes that are so tall that she can't walk in them. But she won't let me sell them on ebay! (where we bought them). Now how messed up is that? What does that mean? Who wants a pair of shoes to hold in their hand? But I have learned not to force the issue.

Texasbelle 04-03-2007 01:50 PM

Rhertz, my husband says I might can take your wife on the shoe number! Personally I don't understand what your issue is with having that pair of shoes. Some of them are just works of art!

Does she ever buy the pair of shoes and then have to find the outfit to go with it?:D

AnimeSpirit 04-03-2007 02:18 PM

I can understand rHertz. Guys are just more practical. If it doesn't have a function, there's no need to have it around. It's a guy thing. A lot of women have a thing for shoes though and a lot of women can't bear to throw stuff away.

rhertz 04-03-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Rhertz, my husband says I might can take your wife on the shoe number!

I dunno. She's been "collecting" for quite some time. Maybe I can sneek into her closet when she isn't looking and snap a picture! Otherwise if she caught me, it might look suspicious like I was up to something! :D

Quote:

Personally I don't understand what your issue is with having that pair of shoes. Some of them are just works of art!

Well this pair was for a very fancy ball and cost a lot. Manolo Blahnik. You understand... Plus I had to buy another pair that she could actually walk in. I would rather invest those C notes into a painting or sculpture or other art form. But hey, maybe you are right. Who am I? Mr Art Dealer? (NOT) She should have her way every now and then, just like I do.

Quote:

Does she ever buy the pair of shoes and then have to find the outfit to go with it?:D

Duh! Isn't that how it works? But I'm a guy. What do I know. I'm happy as long as I don't have to sit for hours in the lady's shoe department at Macy's or Nordtroms. I should probably be quiet now. She might want to read this post and see what I am laughing at. :D

Al Swearengen 04-03-2007 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
So Al have you been singing this song or is it just from your infinite library of wisdom and funny comments ?
Isaac

Its the lyrics to "Diddy Doo Wop" from the Hall & Oates album "Voices", one of the all-time greatest albums ever made!

Al Swearengen 04-03-2007 06:38 PM

Wasnt it Emelda Marcos that was the big shoe fetishist? Yeah, my better half could give Emelda a run for her money, too. But we got that understandin...she doesnt say anything when I buy another gun, I dont say anything when she buys another pair of shoes!;)

rhertz 04-03-2007 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Its the lyrics to "Diddy Doo Wop" from the Hall & Oates album "Voices", one of the all-time greatest albums ever made!

I will not deny you your opinion there Al. I will just leave it to say that another one of the all-time greatest albums ever made was Todd Rundgren's "Something/Anything". He wrote/produced/mixed/played it all by himself.... Every word.. Every instrument.. Even the sax.. At home.... With an 8 track reel to real.... In his fricking living room! Todd is "A true Wizard, a True Star".. (Another of his albums) Ironically Todd did produce some of Darrel Hall and John Oats albums I do believe. Maybe even "Voices". Which would fully explain your comment! :D :D :D