Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   New to SBLive (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2168)

animalsrgodsgifts 07-22-2007 02:27 AM

New to SBLive

Hello Everyone,

I just joined SBLive a few days ago. So far I really like this site, it has just the right amount of information to know what is going on locally. Some sites have so much going it is over whelming.

check out my videos and photo's

You can view them from this sight or go to:

http://www.youtube.com/TributesbyTonya

AnimeSpirit 07-22-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animalsrgodsgifts
Hello Everyone,

I just joined SBLive a few days ago. So far I really like this site, it has just the right amount of information to know what is going on locally. Some sites have so much going it is over whelming.

Welcome to SBLive! Just call me "Anime." I run the anime group here at SBLive! and I also make smilies. :twist: Nice to meet you! :D

Isaac-Saxxon 07-22-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Hello Everyone,

Welcome Panda Bear :clap: :clap: I see you are a animal lover. Well me too and saving those poor dogs and cats was a very humane thing to do. I love my dogs like children and they give so much love back. You may not want to look at the LA Outdoors group it might bother you :cool:

AnimeSpirit 07-22-2007 12:58 PM

I'm a cat person myself, but my cat is my baby. Although, she gets into some trouble frequently. :p

Isabella 07-22-2007 12:59 PM

WELCOME!

Pocahontas 07-22-2007 01:03 PM

Welcome animalsrgodsgifts! So good to have you on board! I have 4 dogs myself and would be totally devastated if they were harmed or lost from me!
Thanks to all of you who actively rescue these wonderful babies!:clapbig:

vixweb 07-22-2007 01:04 PM

Welcome to sblive! :) I am also new and have found MOST people here to be nice and friendly-Have fun!

LateNight 07-22-2007 01:15 PM

Welcome to SBLive!!
guarandamnteeya, if I was fleeing a huricane or the like, my ol' dog would be right there with me.

:)

Isaac-Saxxon 07-22-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
Welcome to SBLive!!
guarandamnteeya, if I was fleeing a huricane or the like, my ol' dog would be right there with me.

:)

LN I guarandamnteeya that ya sounding like a good old boy more all the time and now that I know you have a full size pickum up truck well I will say no more. :D oh and your ol' dog too ;)

Texasbelle 07-22-2007 02:26 PM

Welcome to the Board!We have seven dogs (I think I have the most), 3 1/2 horses, one rabbit, some kittens in the barn, and 3 koi. We love animals at our house.

We have a lot of fun here on the board. We all tend to get along MOST of the time. Every now and then we do have disagreements but then we kiss and make up and move on.

LateNight 07-22-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
LN I guarandamnteeya that ya sounding like a good old boy more all the time and now that I know you have a full size pickum up truck well I will say no more. :D oh and your ol' dog too ;)

"Been here so long, he's got to calling it home"
-- Rober Hunter

rhertz 07-22-2007 05:13 PM

Welcome to SBLive! We have a Pug. Her special defense mechanism is blowing snot in your face. Her special super power is picking her nose with her own tougue. She is a true mythical creature. Pugs come from crab pots in the Bering Sea. I can prove all of this. :D

Here is a list of pets that I have had at one time or another.

Daschunds
a Collie
shaded silver cats
hampsters
parakeets
cockatiels
Love birds
fish
turtle
coral
dart frogs
a gecko
a papillion
and a Pug

piemaker720 07-22-2007 05:53 PM

Welcome a board, both of you. Hope you enjoy yourself.:clap:

animalsrgodsgifts 07-22-2007 10:38 PM

HI Again

It is so nice to hear from everyone. I am really pleased you all share your love with fur babies. My husband and I have no children, so my babies are the center of my world. People do not even ask anymore if my husband and I are going to have children, they see how attached we are to our babies. Animals make life worth while, no matter who you are, what you have done, or what you look like your pets will love you unconditionally, it is like animals are just like God. They are loyal, forgiving, and will always be there for you. That is why in my opinion animals are gifts from God.

Check out a poem I have posted to my blog that I found online.;)

AnimeSpirit 07-22-2007 11:34 PM

I've loved animals ever since I was a kid. I was brought up in the country. We had chickens, goats, a cow, cats, dogs, pigs, and just about every kind of animal you can own without a license that's smaller than a donkey.

In my older years, I grew closer to cats than any other animal. I have an interesting talent for charming even skiddish cats so that they would even come when I call. Cats just love me and I can't help but pet one when I see it.

Jesse 07-23-2007 02:09 AM

WELCOME!
I hope you find many friends and topics of interest in which you feel comfortable sharing :-):heart:

animalsrgodsgifts 07-23-2007 12:52 PM

My videos

What did everyone think about my videos? I just started doing video tributes as just a hobby. I am still kind of green right now until I learn my way around windows movie maker. If you watch my videos on YouTube and you have trouble watching them, for example: if they pause every few seconds, then try back later the website gets busy sometimes. I have to do that sometimes to be able to watch videos all the way through with out interruptions, of course I will be posting videos here as well.
;)

LateNight 07-23-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

What did everyone think about my videos? I just started doing video tributes as just a hobby. I am still kind of green right now until I learn my way around windows movie maker. If you watch my videos on YouTube and you have trouble watching them, for example: if they pause every few seconds, then try back later the website gets busy sometimes. I have to do that sometimes to be able to watch videos all the way through with out interruptions, of course I will be posting videos here as well.
;)

I saw one of the videos.. showing some of the rescue workers, I guess maybe during katrina, rescuing some animals.. Reminded me of some show I saw about some animal rescue place, that spent a lot of times in the affected areas, rescuing animals.. and some of the stories about the reunions of those rescued animals, with their owners who had been displaced so many miles away.

Always glad to hear about their success stories.. but I'll say it again.. I leave town, my dogs comin' with me :)

animalsrgodsgifts 07-23-2007 03:33 PM

Pets

LateNight you sound like a great person. I fell so fortunate I did not have direct experience with hurricane katrina. If it were me I would also take my pets, and if I could not I would stay.

Check this out: You may or may not know about this.

http://www.house.gov/shays/news/2005/september/PETS.pdf

joepole 07-23-2007 04:04 PM

>when given a choice between their own personal safety or abandoning their household pets

That doesn't make sense, when does that scenario ever come up?

I think they meant "when given a choice between personal endangerment or abandoning their household pets..."

Also, this is a bad law. The US government should not be in the business of helping people that choose to endanger themselves at all, especially if they choose to do so for their pet.

rhertz 07-24-2007 10:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some may doubt the Pug's ability to pick her nose with her own tongue. I posted more Pug pictures as evidence. :D

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/use...lery.php?g=200

Attachment 1178

Texasbelle 07-25-2007 08:04 AM

I think that Pug learned that behavior from watching someone close to her!!!!

rhertz 07-25-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I think that Pug learned that behavior from watching someone close to her!!!!

If I could touch my nose with my tongue, I would be far more popular than I really am! ;)

AnimeSpirit 07-25-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
If I could touch my nose with my tongue, I would be far more popular than I really am! ;)

Touché! :laugh:

animalsrgodsgifts 07-26-2007 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Some may doubt the Pug's ability to pick her nose with her own tongue. I posted more Pug pictures as evidence. :D

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/use...lery.php?g=200

Attachment 1178

That is so funny, I love looking at pictures of animals doing funny things.:laugh:

Have you ever saw this photo I came across it when I was reading someone's blog.

Attachment 1197

rhertz 07-27-2007 11:01 AM

The pug always walks in circles before laying down or before going pottie. This is to chase off all the snakes and critters

Pug Laying Down

Pocahontas 07-27-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

I can touch my nose with my tongue (not my nostrils) but the very end...does anyone else have this talent??:lick:

rhertz 07-27-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I can touch my nose with my tongue (not my nostrils) but the very end...does anyone else have this talent??:lick:

No wonder you are a Steven Tyler fan! It all makes sense now! ;) Do you like Gene Simons too? Cher was an indian as I recall. Maybe you two have it all figured out. Dang I wish I was a rock star with a long tongue! :D

P.S. I think Gene Simons TV show sucks.. But I did rock out to Kiss in high school! :o

Texasbelle 07-27-2007 10:52 PM

I never listened to KISS but I love to watch Gene Simmons show. Do you watch The Girls Next Door, Rhertz?

Pocahontas 07-28-2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

No wonder you are a Steven Tyler fan! It all makes sense now! ;) Do you like Gene Simons too? Cher was an indian as I recall. Maybe you two have it all figured out. Dang I wish I was a rock star with a long tongue! :D

P.S. I think Gene Simons TV show sucks.. But I did rock out to Kiss in high school! :o

I did listen to KISS in high school but don't care for them now. They opened for Aerosmith a few years back in Dallas and the costumes looked so silly on geezers!! :laugh: I have watched the tv show before but he's a huge turn off to me! He has said that he could have ANY woman he wanted married or not!
The sick thing is he believes this! GROSS!:nono: :nono:

Isaac-Saxxon 07-28-2007 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I did listen to KISS in high school but don't care for them now. They opened for Aerosmith a few years back in Dallas and the costumes looked so silly on geezers!! :laugh: I have watched the tv show before but he's a huge turn off to me! He has said that he could have ANY woman he wanted married or not!
The sick thing is he believes this! GROSS!:nono: :nono:

Hey Pokie old Lizard Face is a geezer :laugh: :laugh: I never liked KISS not then not now. Aerosmith reminds me of high school Sr. Parties so I guess I can smile :D when I think of what I did back then ;)

Pocahontas 07-28-2007 10:17 AM

Yes I agree he is getting on up there but he can still rock my world. I wish they'd come back to the Century Tel so I can make it to #14 before they retire!:banana: That Dude looks like a lady......:twist:

rhertz 07-28-2007 11:55 AM

Quote:

I never listened to KISS but I love to watch Gene Simmons show. Do you watch The Girls Next Door, Rhertz?

Busted.. I don't want to admit it. But I do. I like Bridget and Holly but I can't stand Kindra.

Yep its Deadliest Catch followed by Girls Next Door.... Pure television ecstasy! :D

Isaac-Saxxon 07-28-2007 02:42 PM

Ok rhertz I do not know the girls you speak of so post some photos so we can see what is better than a crab trap ??? :D

rhertz 07-28-2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Ok rhertz I do not know the girls you speak of so post some photos so we can see what is better than a crab trap ??? :D

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/C...1p.hmedium.jpg

http://www.pantagraph.com/blogs/main...g-Nextdoor.jpg

Isaac-Saxxon 07-28-2007 03:47 PM

Now those babes make crab fishing look real tired. Good post there and you have good taste in blonds and curves. Tell me rhertz what is it that you do after tini time and crabs and watching these babes on TV ????:p you better stop you might go blind :laugh:

rhertz 07-29-2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

Now those babes make crab fishing look real tired. Good post there and you have good taste in blonds and curves. Tell me rhertz what is it that you do after tini time and crabs and watching these babes on TV ????:p you better stop you might go blind :laugh:

I wish I was Hef, but I'm Hertz. Afterwards I Gig-A-Hertz! LOL.... Well, at least when she's up to it... ;)

Texasbelle 07-29-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

I wish I was Hef, but I'm Hertz. Afterwards I Gig-A-Hertz! LOL.... Well, at least when she's up to it... ;)

Sounds like you have to beg, what is up with that?

rhertz 07-29-2007 01:45 AM

Quote:

YEAH!! That's what I want to know. What's up with that!!?? :confused:

Isaac-Saxxon 07-29-2007 10:57 AM

Quote:

Burning a little midnight oil there Belle. Burn that oil to long and it will get mighty hot in that hot house. Rule #1 the golden rule :D rule #2 see rule #1 :nono:
Rhertz rule #1 for you is do not ask take and ye shall have :D