Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Government & Politics (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Rep. Ron Paul ! What do you think ???? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3162)

Isaac-Saxxon 11-30-2007 06:22 PM

Rep. Ron Paul ! What do you think ????

Did you watch the youtube debate ? If so who do you think won ?

Morpheus 11-30-2007 06:54 PM

Well, you know, I heard him say let's get government off of our backs and out of our wallets. I'm in, even though I don't think the guy has a snowball's chance. At least I'll sleep good at night with a clear conscience.

LateNight 11-30-2007 08:17 PM

Good post Isaac.

We're recording tonight at the LateNight Bar. Will have to see if Al and I can spend a couple of minutes talking about Ron Paul.

Our problem, is that we tend to start talking about Ron Paul, and the conversation goes on for a few hours.. we'll try to keep our comments down to 90 seconds LOL

LateNight, from the LateNight Bar.

Isaac-Saxxon 11-30-2007 09:13 PM

What about the debate LN and Al ???

rhertz 11-30-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 25798)
What about the debate LN and Al ???

I heard he received applause when he said he wanted to abolish the IRS... :D

Isaac-Saxxon 12-01-2007 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 25805)
I heard he received applause when he said he wanted to abolish the IRS... :D

I understand why. I must say that the Internet has picked Ron Paul as their poster child. This could be the year of the youtube. The first day of 08 they will release the hounds and we have 11 months of assault coming to our TVs,radio and every other media they can find. Enjoy Christmas because Hillary is coming to town. :eek:

vixweb 12-01-2007 06:07 PM

RonPaul = RossPerot......good ideas from a nut :laugh: No chance, "next!"

Isaac-Saxxon 12-02-2007 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 25829)
RonPaul = RossPerot......good ideas from a nut :laugh: No chance, "next!"

Hey Vix tell me what you really think :laugh: The questions on youtube where tainted by the DNC ! The liberals like the net because like this board they can hide behind their screen name. This coming year will be the year of backlash and the DNC will feel the whip of the GOP. I do not know who I will vote for yet. It will be the Grand Old Party and if Ron makes the cut ??? I would vote for him because !!!! I NEVER vote for a democRAT ! NEVER ! I think RP would be a better Libertarian (republican pot heads) :D

vixweb 12-02-2007 01:03 PM

If RonPaul smokes the spliff....I would definately vote for him!:laugh::laugh:
Seriously though, I would also vote for him if he was running against the Dems-

joepole 12-02-2007 02:02 PM

>RonPaul = RossPerot......good ideas from a nut No chance, "next!"

Exactly. Also, it doesn't help that so many of the people I know that are generally considered to be nuts all LOVE him like I've never seen.

Al Swearengen 12-02-2007 07:49 PM

Just what exactly is it about him or his campaign that makes him a "nut"? Paul is the only true republican candidate, and he exposes the others for the frauds they are. Some of you people scare the hell out of me. But hey, just go right ahead and cast your vote for one of those phony republicans you're all so enamored with.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-03-2007 08:20 AM

Did anybody watch the debate ? Who won ?

Pocahontas 12-03-2007 08:26 AM

Guess none of us apathetic folks watched. I didn't. Sad but true!:(

LateNight 12-03-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 25924)
Guess none of us apathetic folks watched. I didn't. Sad but true!:(

Oh I watched it.. it was the Guliani, Romney show for the most part. They both got just enough air time to hang themselves if you ask me.
I felt Ron Paul didn't get enough time, and they asked him some pretty loaded questions. If I had to say who 'won' that debate.. I think Huckabee did fairly well.. or at least came across that way.

Ron Paul cured me of my apathy.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-03-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight (Post 25936)
Oh I watched it.. it was the Guliani, Romney show for the most part. They both got just enough air time to hang themselves if you ask me.
I felt Ron Paul didn't get enough time, and they asked him some pretty loaded questions. If I had to say who 'won' that debate.. I think Huckabee did fairly well.. or at least came across that way.

Ron Paul cured me of my apathy.

It is good to see you get over your apathy LN. I had a visit with a man this morning and he liked RP and said that RP just lacked the charisma he needed.