Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Baby near death (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2637)

Texasbelle 09-19-2007 08:01 AM

Baby near death

I am sure many of you have heard this story, but in case you didn't...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...WS03/709190332

This is so sad. I hope this mother will get her punishment and I hope it is harsh.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-19-2007 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 21350)
I am sure many of you have heard this story, but in case you didn't...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...WS03/709190332

This is so sad. I hope this mother will get her punishment and I hope it is harsh.

The Devil is in the details of this. May have been Meth or Cocaine ? I know a mother in her right mind would never do this. She has danced with the Devil and now she will pay the ultimate price for her deeds. As it should be !!

howela 09-19-2007 02:15 PM

Sad,Sad,Sad

I just left sitting with my 3 month old grandson when I heard this on the news. I couldn't stop crying.

Pocahontas 09-19-2007 02:51 PM

Her fiance said maybe she was stressed! DUH! She had an 11 mth. old and a 9week old that just goes with the territory! That is NO excuse!!!!!!!!!!:nono:
Many of us have been there and gotten angry and upset but we somehow managed to persevere! This makes me very mad!:mad:

joepole 09-19-2007 04:27 PM

There has never been a parent that didn't, at some point, want to throw their kid across the room. The difference between being a human being and being whatever the hell this woman is is the ability to resist that urge.

It would probably be better off for everyone if the kid just died so the mother would go away forever and the kid wouldn't have to suffer through the horrible life it is inevitably going to have. If your mother is the kind of person that would do this then you're screwed even if somebody competent raises you.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-19-2007 06:04 PM

No winners here. Both the child and the family on both sides have to deal with this. The girl should fry.

piemaker720 09-19-2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 21364)
There has never been a parent that didn't, at some point, want to throw their kid across the room. The difference between being a human being and being whatever the hell this woman is is the ability to resist that urge.

It would probably be better off for everyone if the kid just died so the mother would go away forever and the kid wouldn't have to suffer through the horrible life it is inevitably going to have. If your mother is the kind of person that would do this then you're screwed even if somebody competent raises you.

Update: The kid died

rhertz 09-19-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720 (Post 21373)
Update: The kid died

Can death be a blessing? I dunno. But somehow I feel that I would rather be dead than let this lady raise me as a braindamaged kid. Think she is going to pay $15k to $70k per year on special education after what she did? I don't think so. This whole story makes me sick to my stomach.

howela 09-19-2007 09:25 PM

Christine Martorana died at 3:28 p.m.

A-19-day-old baby, allegedly injured when her mother threw her across the room when she wouldn't quit crying, died this afternoon at a Shreveport hospital.

Christine Martorana died at 3:28 p.m. while on a ventilator at Sutton Children's Hospital, Bossier Parish sheriff's deputies said.

The mother, 19-year-old Michelle Martorana of Princeton, is jailed on charges of battery and cruelty to a juvenile. An autopsy will be done before a decision is made on upgrading charges. The possible charges include first-degree murder.

Bossier sheriff's deputies said Martorana threw her baby across the room at her mobile home this past weekend when the baby wouldn't quit crying. The baby bounced off a bed and landed on her head, suffering a fractured skull, deputies said.

Deputies said Martorana called 911 on Saturday and said her baby had choked on formula. The baby had no heartbeat and was not breathing when medics arrived, deputies said.

rhertz 09-19-2007 09:29 PM

May God Bless her Soul.......

Pocahontas 09-19-2007 10:32 PM

Rest in peace little Christine!:pray:

Isaac-Saxxon 09-20-2007 12:52 AM

What is real sad here is that if she had murdered this child two months before it would have been called abortion and it would have been legal. Thanks to the democRATS abortion or "choice" is legal today. :nono:

howela 09-20-2007 06:36 AM

Polling

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 21364)

Never had the urge = 1

Texasbelle 09-20-2007 08:32 AM

Never had the urge to throw my infant across the room either. Throwing you across the room Joe though is a whole other story.

joepole 09-20-2007 09:08 AM

>What is real sad here is that if she had murdered this child two months before it would have been called abortion and it would have been legal.

1. That's not true.

2. If that were true why would it be sad?

Isaac-Saxxon 09-20-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 21399)
>What is real sad here is that if she had murdered this child two months before it would have been called abortion and it would have been legal.

1. That's not true.

2. If that were true why would it be sad?

Well now pole if you think that killing unborn children is a good thing then I can see why you do not think this is sad. Now you walk up and punch a pregnant woman and kill the baby you go to jail for fratricide. My thoughts on this are both are murder.

howela 09-20-2007 02:25 PM

Still Polling

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 21394)
Never had the urge to throw my infant across the room either. Throwing you across the room Joe though is a whole other story.

That makes.......

Never had the urge =2

Pocahontas 09-20-2007 03:18 PM

Never had the urge #3!!!!!!:nono:

LateNight 09-20-2007 07:01 PM

o.k. so maybe I never had the "urge" but I will admit, there was a time or two.. when my first son very little.. doin' that middle of the night, pacing, holding on to him, with him just screamin'.. he probably had an ear infection at the time, and a fever.. and I was weary from lack of sleep.. there's those times when it's almost more than a person can handle.. now I never SHOOK him, but man there were times when I felt like I was at the end of my rope.

I've always wondered about parents of those kids who have collic (sp?) and they just cry and cry.. I've heard of that just driving some parents over the edge.

I'm not condoning anyone's actions here (I haven't even read the story) I'm just saying, I know that it can be "tough". me and wife took turns during those latenight episodes.. don't know how I would of handled it being a single parent.

Texasbelle 09-20-2007 07:08 PM

My first born was a colicky baby and no matter how long or hard she cried I never had the urge to throw her. Now I was tempted to throw my now ex-mother in law at the time who wanted to tell me everything I was doing wrong to cause the colic. I wonder how many of us have wanted to throw the mother in law!!!!:D

LateNight 09-20-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 21429)
My first born was a colicky baby and no matter how long or hard she cried I never had the urge to throw her. Now I was tempted to throw my now ex-mother in law at the time who wanted to tell me everything I was doing wrong to cause the colic. I wonder how many of us have wanted to throw the mother in law!!!!:D

LOL, I don't mind my "mother-in-law" so much.. it's the STEP-MOTHER-IN-LAW I got some real ****IN' issues with. :yes:

rhertz 09-20-2007 09:45 PM

I never had the urge to throw an infant, but once my kiddos grew up and opened their smart mouth, well, they tested me. The good news is that we all made it out unscathed. I guess I pass the test. :D

joepole 09-21-2007 01:39 PM

>Well now pole if you think that killing unborn children is a good thing then I can see why you do not think this is sad. Now you walk up and punch a pregnant woman and kill the baby you go to jail for fratricide. My thoughts on this are both are murder.

1. I don't think killing unborn children is a good thing.

2. It would only be fratricide if the kid was my brother.

I was asking why "If she had done this two months earlier it would have been legal" is sad. (assuming that was true, which it's not)

rhertz 09-21-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 21469)

Then killing partially born children is bad too right? That's the way I feel about it. Born, UnBorn, Partially Born, it doesn't matter to me. Killing is wrong. Well unless you kill (murder) someone first in cold blood. Then we ought to kill you right back (capital punishment) Hey I never said I was logical.....

joepole 09-21-2007 04:28 PM

Correct, I oppose abortion in any circumstance other than to save the life of the mother.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-21-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 21469)
>Well now pole if you think that killing unborn children is a good thing then I can see why you do not think this is sad. Now you walk up and punch a pregnant woman and kill the baby you go to jail for fratricide. My thoughts on this are both are murder.

2. It would only be fratricide if the kid was my brother.

I was asking why "If she had done this two months earlier it would have been legal" is sad. (assuming that was true, which it's not)

There is something known as late term abortion. I know you are math guy so go figure. Did you ever hear of the constipated mathematician ? He worked it out with a pencil :laugh:

piemaker720 09-21-2007 07:06 PM

You guys talk about abortion but how can you ever know what a woman goes through. I am not for it or against it. The only thing I can say is, it is not for me, but I also believe it is not my place to tell the next person what they can do or can not do. It is their body and they have to live with their actions the way we all do. There are many reasons why women get abortions, some are parents that are ashamed of their child, Some are boyfriends that don;t want to step up and do right. Then there is rape victims or teens that are too young to have children mind wise. The only way I would ever consider one is rape. If you guys think you should be able to tell a woman about abortions then we should be able to talk about weinnie snipping [ I heard the ouch]. Do you think your sperm is not a living thing until it reaches an egg? Maybe when a guy has a snipping it should be against the law because you killed future babies. As for as this mother that killed her child, she never deserved a child. She should be sent to prison and made to have a hystertomy because she deserves never to have any child.:eek::eek:

rhertz 09-21-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720 (Post 21496)
Do you think your sperm is not a living thing until it reaches an egg?

Hey I'm no scholar, but every egg and every sperm cell is destined to die unless they are united. Then something special happens. Dying eggs and dying sperm is just part of the cycle of life. Destiny as it were. But once fertilized, a sustainable creature is formed. One that COULD last 100 years and become President or become a murderer or anything. It's a 50/50 deal no matter how you slant it.... (Human life is 50% male and 50%female)

guitarman 09-22-2007 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720 (Post 21496)
You guys talk about abortion but how can you ever know what a woman goes through. I am not for it or against it. The only thing I can say is, it is not for me, but I also believe it is not my place to tell the next person what they can do or can not do. It is their body and they have to live with their actions the way we all do. There are many reasons why women get abortions, some are parents that are ashamed of their child, Some are boyfriends that don;t want to step up and do right. Then there is rape victims or teens that are too young to have children mind wise. The only way I would ever consider one is rape. If you guys think you should be able to tell a woman about abortions then we should be able to talk about weinnie snipping [ I heard the ouch]. Do you think your sperm is not a living thing until it reaches an egg? Maybe when a guy has a snipping it should be against the law because you killed future babies. As for as this mother that killed her child, she never deserved a child. She should be sent to prison and made to have a hysterectomy because she deserves never to have any child.:eek::eek:

You say your not for or against it but it is not for you :confused::confused:
There is NEVER a good time to kill a child Never !

piemaker720 09-22-2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman (Post 21520)
You say your not for or against it but it is not for you :confused::confused:
There is NEVER a good time to kill a child Never !

That maybe, and no abortion is not for me. It is not something that I myself would do. But again it is not my place to tell another woman what to do with their body. They are the ones that have to live with their choice not me. Like I also said maybe we should start a campaign against weinne snipping. Are you going to say that is the man choice alone.

piemaker720 09-22-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 21504)
Hey I'm no scholar, but every egg and every sperm cell is destined to die unless they are united. Then something special happens. Dying eggs and dying sperm is just part of the cycle of life.

So you do agree that a sperm is a living thing even though it dies if it does not unite with an egg. So a snipping kills them before they have a chance to unite. If a woman ask me should I have an abortion I would tell her it is her decision not mine to make. I try not to interfere in other peoples lives[ I mean telling them how to live] unless they are child abusers or spouse abusers. I have always told my kids I brought you in this world and it was not to be no one's punching bag. But back to the subject , the woman that killed her baby should have had a abortion. [I would not have told her to have one, but either way she killed her baby.] She does not need children I can only imagine what that poor baby went through in it's few days of life. That child did't ask to to trowed against the wall. She has another child, I wonder what he's had to go through. I believe if you abuse a child you should be fixed where you can never bring anymore children in for you to mistreat. One thing comes to mind in pass threads we have talked about this. Some say you can't force someone to get themselves fixed that it is against their rights. But you can stop them from abortion. If they was fixed to begin with then there would be no abortion.

vixweb 09-22-2007 11:56 AM

Why do women always approach this issue as if they have all the "rights"? :duck:Is the baby not half the father? When y'all say things like "you couldn't know what the woman is going through"- What about what we are going through? If a woman wants to abort my child, what could I do? NOTHING! Tell me ladies, If your having a child, or NOT, were my decision- seriously, think about that. "Whether or not I have a child is not my decision". Imagine your boyfriend telling you "we were pregnant, but I had an abortion"- "its MY body"! Don't be so quick to dismiss us, we have feelings too. I believe killing babies is WRONG -

piemaker720 09-22-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 21540)
Why do women always approach this issue as if they have all the "rights"? :duck:Is the baby not half the father? When y'all say things like "you couldn't know what the woman is going through"- What about what we are going through? If a woman wants to abort my child, what could I do? NOTHING! Tell me ladies, If your having a child, or NOT, were my decision- seriously, think about that. "Whether or not I have a child is not my decision". Imagine your boyfriend telling you "we were pregnant, but I had an abortion"- "its MY body"! Don't be so quick to dismiss us, we have feelings too. I believe killing babies is WRONG -

You are not getting what I am saying. It is wrong to kill a baby. An abortion should be the woman and her mate's decision. It is not my place to go down the street and interfere with my neighbors life or tell them what they can or can not do. You preach about the father having rights but how many times has the idea of an abortion been the father's idea because he didn't want a child. Do you consult your mate if you decided you didn't want children and went and had a snip job done. Has there been times when men had it done without the woman knowledge. We women can't decide: well I don't want kids so I am going to get fixed. The doctors will not perform one on a young person [ I mean teens and twenties] without a good reason. as for you if you can't talk someone out of aborting your child, get rid of her, she ain't worth it if she can't consider you. But NO you don't know what we women go through. Whether it from abortion or labor. I really wished each man could experience it one time, then they might think twice about doing it with anybody that comes along.Get real here for a moment, if you went out with a girl or woman because you heard she puts out, that being the only reason, and she got pregnant what would you do? Marry her or say it might not be mine! uh

vixweb 09-22-2007 01:48 PM

Yeah, I get what your saying: "men just don't understand." right? :confused: My point was that it is not all about the ladies....we care too.

piemaker720 09-22-2007 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 21543)
Yeah, I get what your saying: "men just don't understand." right? :confused: My point was that it is not all about the ladies....we care too.

I'll give you that. Some men do care but not all. Your teens now day have one thing on their mind and it ain't what happens if she gets pregnant. Here an example: man gets a girl pregnant, he says it might not be mine, you'll have to have the baby so we can do a paternity test. Then it's am not paying child support even if it is mine. Who is stuck?

vixweb 09-22-2007 02:11 PM

Whos stuck? The man that wanted the abortion, but now he's gonna have to pay $ for 18 years- and YES the law will make him pay(as they SHOULD) I once worked with a guy that just took home $87.00/week because child support was being garnished-You don't think women have babies JUST to be vindictive? I know It happens. What about the women who say they're on birth control, but arent? This is a two-way street, there are PLENTY of sorry women out there too, but I know- we just dont understand Blah-Blah.....:laugh:

piemaker720 09-22-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 21548)
Whos stuck? The man that wanted the abortion, but now he's gonna have to pay $ for 18 years- and YES the law will make him pay(as they SHOULD) I once worked with a guy that just took home $87.00/week because child support was being garnished-You don't think women have babies JUST to be vindictive? I know It happens. What about the women who say they're on birth control, but arent? This is a two-way street, there are PLENTY of sorry women out there too, but I know- we just dont understand Blah-Blah.....:laugh:

That is true, there are some scummy women just as much as scummy men. As for child support, my daughter took her ex to court a year ago. They ordered him to pay, he still hasn't. The suppoet enforcement says the only thing they can do is flag his drivers license, so don't tell me the law will make them pay. There's a lady I know hasn't recieved child support in 3 years, the support enforcer says if he ain't got then there is nothing they can do. No undoubtly you still don't get it. Boo-hoo-hoo.

rhertz 09-22-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720 (Post 21529)
So you do agree that a sperm is a living thing even though it dies if it does not unite with an egg.

No, sperm is not a sustainable living thing any more than pollen is a sustainable living thing. It has but one purpose, to procreate Life.

Living creatures such as humans have a million purposes. But eggs and sperm individually do not constitute "life". Life always has a "life cycle". This is why it is OK to eat eggs even though the Bible commands us to not kill. This is why it's OK to wash the pollen off your car, but not cut down your neighbor's tree. This is why it is OK to abstain from sex and let your egg and sperm expire, but it is not OK to kill a fertilized embryo in the womb or a birthed baby after a couple chooses to have sex.

Texasbelle 09-22-2007 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 21548)

But how much money per week did the guy make and how much were the kids getting? Those are VERY important factors which you perhaps don't know. Most men do absolutely everything within their power to get out of paying child support or try to pay as little as possible. And do this while seeming to forget how much it takes to take care of a child.

You know while you are bemoaning the fact that a woman will lie about birth control...let's not forget that you as a man ALWAYS has the option to put a raincoat on and be safe and sure each and every time. Yes, there are sorry women out there but it's not often you'll find us shirking our responsbilities to our children like the men do.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-23-2007 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 21557)
But how much money per week did the guy make and how much were the kids getting? Those are VERY important factors which you perhaps don't know. Most men do absolutely everything within their power to get out of paying child support or try to pay as little as possible. And do this while seeming to forget how much it takes to take care of a child.

You know while you are bemoaning the fact that a woman will lie about birth control...let's not forget that you as a man ALWAYS has the option to put a raincoat on and be safe and sure each and every time. Yes, there are sorry women out there but it's not often you'll find us shirking our responsibilities to our children like the men do.

It is all about the American dollar and how many of them can you bring to the table :rolleyes: Put out or get out or no pay no play. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Money it's a trip ...................