Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Comedy (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Why America is fat? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1051)

AnimeSpirit 04-02-2007 09:48 AM

Why America is fat?

2 Attachment(s)
I found these on another forum. It's no wonder run-away obesity is a problem in America. :D

joepole 04-02-2007 10:33 AM

Escalators might be necessary for someone who is unable to walk up stairs because of age or injury but still wishes to exercise.

AnimeSpirit 04-02-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
Escalators might be necessary for someone who is unable to walk up stairs because of age or injury but still wishes to exercise.

Maybe I'm just lazy, but if I don't have the physical capability to walk up a few stairs, I can't imagine what exercises would be safe for me to do.

Bubba McMillian 04-02-2007 10:46 AM

Fitness Centers are also Rehab Centers

Fitness Centers are also used for rehab also so there are many cases that a patient may not be capable of climbing steps but still requires the exercise facilities to get back on their feet, etc.

joepole 04-02-2007 11:30 AM

>Maybe I'm just lazy, but if I don't have the physical capability to walk up a few stairs, I can't imagine what exercises would be safe for me to do.

Anything that doesn't involve the knees.

Al Swearengen 04-02-2007 06:34 PM

Why are we fat? I'll tell ya why we're fat. The younger generation sits around playin video games or screwin around on the computer instead of playin outside, runnin amok and workin up a healthy sweat, thats why.

rhertz 04-03-2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I found these on another forum. It's no wonder run-away obesity is a problem in America. :D

I think that fitness picture is doctored in photoshop. I could be wrong, but I have never seen an outdoor escalator exposed to the rain like in that pic. Has anyone else seen a regular looking outdoor escalator clearly exposed to rainfall before?

rhertz 04-03-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Why are we fat? I'll tell ya why we're fat. The younger generation sits around playin video games or screwin around on the computer instead of playin outside, runnin amok and workin up a healthy sweat, thats why.

LOL, yeah we used to play "Kick the Can", "Blind Man's Bluff", "Wiffle Ball", "Murder in the Dark", "Marco Polo", and other games that kids nowadays probably never even heard of. Not to mention all the regular sports (football) that we used to play.

My mom would kick us out of the house and we would have to be gone for hours while she cleaned, cooked, or whatever.

LateNight 04-03-2007 01:03 PM

Yup, used to ride our bicycles for miles and miles every day. We'd have contests to see who could rack up the most miles on our odometers etc.
We all played football, baseball, soccer, basketball. We would be gone ALL DAY LONG.. I just had to be "home" before dark, which meant, I just had to be within' whistling distance from my old man :) Which meant I could be up to like a block away, and still here him.

As far as outdoor escalators, I remember seeing one at a Football stadium during the playoffs , forget where it was.

Texasbelle 04-03-2007 01:53 PM

I can remember if we got caught sitting around in the house we would be in trouble. I can't imagine what my daddy would have done if we'd have spent hours on a video game. I guess times have definitely changed.

We fished, we swam in ponds, we rode bikes in the woods, climbed trees (lots of poison ivy :( !) , rode 3 wheelers, and never caused trouble for anyone. Times were great and we were not fat!

AnimeSpirit 04-03-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I can remember if we got caught sitting around in the house we would be in trouble. I can't imagine what my daddy would have done if we'd have spent hours on a video game. I guess times have definitely changed.

We fished, we swam in ponds, we rode bikes in the woods, climbed trees (lots of poison ivy :( !) , rode 3 wheelers, and never caused trouble for anyone. Times were great and we were not fat!

Yes, but look at it this way. Technology is what it taking us straight into this age. We have toilets that will flush themselves now as well as sinks that will turn on when we stick our hands under the tap because we're too lazy to push a lever or turn a knob. These days, you can rent movies, order groceries, pay your bills, and even some people work there jobs right from their homes on a computer. Physical activity is quickly becoming less and less necessary to get things done. It's no wonder humanity is becoming obese.

geodood 04-04-2007 11:22 AM

Why is America fat?

A: Not enough good Sushi bars!! ;)

Isaac-Saxxon 04-04-2007 11:26 AM

Yes more Sushi would be great

Quote:

Originally Posted by geodood
Why is America fat?

A: Not enough good Sushi bars!! ;)

Hey Geo long time old buddy. I hope all is well with you :clap: I think this Sat night I will have the Sushi bar and maybe one more fire in the fireplace. Oh and I will have a glass of red with that please. Good to see you back on the board again.
Isaac

geodood 04-04-2007 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Hey Geo long time old buddy. I hope all is well with you :clap: I think this Sat night I will have the Sushi bar and maybe one more fire in the fireplace. Oh and I will have a glass of red with that please. Good to see you back on the board again.

fireplace? How cold is it supposed to get? Will tomatos and peppers be ok in the garden??

Isaac-Saxxon 04-04-2007 11:38 AM

Low of 34 for Sat night

Quote:

Originally Posted by geodood
fireplace? How cold is it supposed to get? Will tomatos and peppers be ok in the garden??

I sure hope there is no frost. My garden is kicking and I will get the hose out and flood the rows on Sat afternoon. You still growing those Maple trees ? You best bring those tender babies inside. Geo lives :clap:
Isaac
Oh and a chance of rain Sat too :eek: