Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Health (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   A Virus Could Help Control Fire Ants (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1418)

sbl_admin 05-11-2007 08:53 AM

A Virus Could Help Control Fire Ants

Researchers have pinpointed a naturally occurring virus that kills the ants, which arrived in the U.S. in the 1930s and now cause $6 billion in damage annually nationwide, including about $1.2 billion in Texas.

LateNight 05-11-2007 09:37 AM

wow.. that would be freakin' awesome.. I CAN'T STAND FIRE ANTS..

and did I mention.. I can't stand fire ants.. damn things.. UGHHHH :yes:

Texasbelle 05-11-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
wow.. that would be freakin' awesome.. I CAN'T STAND FIRE ANTS..

and did I mention.. I can't stand fire ants.. damn things.. UGHHHH :yes:

I hate them too. Last year alone at the Bell house they got in the generator and did their nasty deed. Electrician repair bill for that. Then they got in the electrical wiring for the septic system. Bill for that. They got in the housing to the electric gate to our driveway. Bill for that. A mouse fried himself on the wiring for the well. Bill for that.

I hate critters!!!But especially the ants.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-11-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I hate them too. Last year alone at the Bell house they got in the generator and did their nasty deed. Electrician repair bill for that. Then they got in the electrical wiring for the septic system. Bill for that. They got in the housing to the electric gate to our driveway. Bill for that. A mouse fried himself on the wiring for the well. Bill for that.

I hate critters!!!But especially the ants.

I though you have that nuclear spray system at your house :laugh:

Texasbelle 05-11-2007 09:44 PM

It only works on flying insects, spiders, and pests like you!

rhertz 05-11-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

They got in the housing to the electric gate to our driveway

Well at least they didn't get into you shoe closet! ;) (ducking)

Texasbelle 05-11-2007 10:00 PM

The shoe closet is protected like Fort Knox!:)

Isaac-Saxxon 05-12-2007 06:27 AM

Quote:

The shoe closet is protected like Fort Knox!:)

When you going to get that detached foot syndrome fixed ? You may have those straps to tight. :laugh:

AnimeSpirit 05-12-2007 12:07 PM

We had a small swarm of bees trying to build a hive in an eletrical box out by our house. I discovered it yesterday. I would say we need some kind of virus for them too, but I hear we already have one.

Neo 05-12-2007 12:10 PM

Call a bee keeper for that. they will come get the bees.You can't poison the honey.

Neo 05-12-2007 12:15 PM

Hey, I wonder if they used that virus on Santabot!

Millipede 05-17-2007 09:14 PM

Yeah, call out a bee keeper. Bees are having major problems. Lots of them dying off for no apparent reason. It has been said that if all the bees die all the people will die in a few years due to lack of food.

But U hate those ants. I can't seem to get rid of them. Hope my ant poison is not killing the bees.