Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   David Gilmour coming to SHREVEPORT (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2546)

vixweb 09-03-2007 12:23 PM

David Gilmour coming to SHREVEPORT

Saturday, sept. 15th @ 2:00pm- Tinseltown!:clap::clap:
Yesterday, while peruzing davidgilmour.com, I came across this anouncement for a NEW live show in London, to be shown in select theatres around the world! I thought: "no way we'll see this HERE!" I was wrong!
Special guests include Richard Wright, Dick Parry, and Guy Pratt(from pinkfloyd)-Plus a few other celebrities. This will be a one-time-only deal, So don't miss out! I bought my TIX this morning and she said there were 109 left.....they wont last long:peace:

rhertz 09-03-2007 05:56 PM

How much are the tickets? Where did you buy them at?

I had a chance to see Pink Floyd live around 1980 in california but I didn't go. One of the few regrets of my life.....

guitarman 09-03-2007 07:31 PM

Shreveport needs much more concerts like this !! I hope we will see more in the future.

vixweb 09-03-2007 08:58 PM

I bought the tickets for $12.50 at the TINSELTOWN box office, and you can get them online at the tinseltowm site. They won't be on stage-I think it is a "live feed"-ONE TIME ONLY . I saw on Gilmour's site that it was showing in 112 theatres in the U.S.(simultaneously), so I checked the listing and there was Tinseltown in Shreveport and a theatre in BatonRouge also.:faint:
If you've never seen PinkFloyd live, This may be the closest you will get! Check out his 2002 dvd called MELTDOWN- He is a mucisian's mucisian! I caught the PULSE tour(also one of my favorite DVDs) back in '93-'94ish and it was.....Incredible-
ISAAC? You gonna check this out?:D

Pocahontas 09-03-2007 09:24 PM

That's a cool idea and probably not near as damaging on the ears...(I could be mistaken though??). I've never done a movie theater concert.:peace:

rhertz 09-03-2007 09:56 PM

Thanks vix, just bought 2 tickets... hope to see you there. I'll be the middle aged guy with a 14 year old boy who I'm breaking in.... :D

vixweb 09-04-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 20680)
Thanks vix, just bought 2 tickets... hope to see you there. I'll be the middle aged guy with a 14 year old boy who I'm breaking in.... :D

I'll look for ya!:rotflmao::rotflol: I'll be in work clothes,I'm gonna have to skip out for a couple of hours of work:runaway: I'm sure it will be an Awewsome show-

vixweb 09-15-2007 06:01 PM

WOW!!:cool: Absolutely INCREDIBLE show !!!!!!! There was a pretty good crowd-:peace:

rhertz 09-15-2007 06:43 PM

Dang I forgot all about it. Today is my son's first homecoming and I didn't even think of it. Oh well, guess I've had a lot on my mind lately.

Pocahontas 09-15-2007 09:21 PM

I find that astounding rhertz!:eek:

rhertz 09-15-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 21267)
I find that astounding rhertz!:eek:

yeah me too. It was the first time I ever bought tickets online and my printer is broken and I never had anything on hand to remind me. I forgot to write it in my calendar. Oh well, home a couple of folks enjoyed the extra leg and arm room.

Pocahontas 09-16-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 21268)
yeah me too. It was the first time I ever bought tickets online and my printer is broken and I never had anything on hand to remind me. I forgot to write it in my calendar. Oh well, home a couple of folks enjoyed the extra leg and arm room.

I think I'm most shocked that you were thinking of your son and his first homecoming as being more important! That wouldn't happen around here.;) Kudos!

Isaac-Saxxon 09-16-2007 11:00 AM

I talk to someone this morning that went to the show and they noticed someone on this board get up and leave before the show was over :rolleyes:

vixweb 09-16-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 21274)
I talk to someone this morning that went to the show and they noticed someone on this board get up and leave before the show was over :rolleyes:

I know, I know....I was LUCKY to see as much as I did! I was on call, but work was piling up-Literally, while I was enjoying the show! There is nothing convenient about my job:( I know I didn't miss more than 5 or 10 minutes, and that was "bonus" stuff anyway....I had a GREAT time and I'm sorry you missed it Isaac, you would have LOVED it! :clapbig::clapbig: It comes out on dvd Tuesday.:peace:

Isaac-Saxxon 09-16-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 21279)
I know, I know....I was LUCKY to see as much as I did! I was on call, but work was piling up-Literally, while I was enjoying the show! There is nothing convenient about my job:( I know I didn't miss more than 5 or 10 minutes, and that was "bonus" stuff anyway....I had a GREAT time and I'm sorry you missed it Isaac, you would have LOVED it! :clapbig::clapbig: It comes out on dvd Tuesday.:peace:

So I caught some of it on TV and I will get the DVD this week. Wishing I was there.