Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Dog saves owner with Heimlick maneuver (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035)

LateNight 03-28-2007 01:04 PM

Dog saves owner with Heimlick maneuver

1 Attachment(s)
O.k. I'm as big a dog fan as you'll ever find. But I'm having a hard time believing this story.

Owner Says Dog Saved Her With 'Heimlich'

Quote:

Toby, a 2-year-old golden retriever, saw his owner choking on a piece of fruit and began jumping up and down on the woman's chest. The dog's owner believes the dog was trying to perform the Heimlich maneuver and saved her life.

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 01:12 PM

My dogs would do it just so they could get a piece of whatever I might spit out!:D

Isaac-Saxxon 03-28-2007 01:41 PM

Like a dog returning to its vomit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
My dogs would do it just so they could get a piece of whatever I might spit out!:D

That is sick :eek: Do you mouth feed your k-9 pack ? Oh my ! I see why you get mad when I call them mutts. Pack animals they are :laugh: :laugh:
Isaac

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 01:45 PM

No, I don't mouth feed my babies. Please Isaac stop confusing my doggies with your Heinz 57's. It's not nice. Mine are always just sitting around waiting for a morsel to fall from your hand! And if it doesn't they'll gladly take it.

You are sick!:eek: I wish they had a gagging smiley. I sure could use it now.

Isaac-Saxxon 03-28-2007 01:50 PM

Nice photo of that fox squirrel

Quote:

No, I don't mouth feed my babies. Please Isaac stop confusing my doggies with your Heinz 57's. It's not nice. Mine are always just sitting around waiting for a morsel to fall from your hand! And if it doesn't they'll gladly take it.

Is that the one that got fried in the pump house :laugh: why would you put a bow on the head of a squirrel ? Who is Alpha ***** in the pack ? :laugh:
Isaac

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 01:55 PM

I am the pack leader! Dont you watch Cesar? "You have to be the pack leader"!

No that's not my dog in the avatar. Mine are only that clean for two hours after they leave the groomer then it's back to rolling in the pasture. Of course the white snowball prefers swimming daily in the pond and then follows up with a roll in some mud and sand. She's so cool!:cool:

AnimeSpirit 03-28-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

In dunno about gagging, but will these do? ;)

:yuck:
:blech:
:barf:
:throwup:

Have fun! :D

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 03:03 PM

Anime is my HERO!!!!!!!Thanks!:flirt:

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 07:14 PM

Just for the public record, the snowfluff Rosie after training today went almost 3 for 3 at the park. Turns out she's not such a nice dog after all if you try to bother her 12 y/o child she guards!

Isaac-Saxxon 03-28-2007 07:24 PM

Was someone "nagging" her ?

Quote:

Just for the public record, the snowfluff Rosie after training today went almost 3 for 3 at the park. Turns out she's not such a nice dog after all if you try to bother her 12 y/o child she guards!

You know there are some things that no dog will put up with. Knowing your dog is very important and having a tight lead so she will not cause you to have to go to court. That is how PI lawyers make money. Muzzle that wolf before you get sued. :eek: :eek: :eek: No really smart dog for the breed they are great for family protection but a walk in the park may not be best.
Isaac

scarlett 03-28-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
O.k. I'm as big a dog fan as you'll ever find. But I'm having a hard time believing this story.

Owner Says Dog Saved Her With 'Heimlich'

Some of these stories are just too much. The dog wasn't trying to do the heimlich, he thought she was laying down to play so he was joining in. I could say more but well........ it's too tasteless to say.

AnimeSpirit 03-28-2007 07:29 PM

I saw this whole thing on the news. Did you catch what the dog did with the fruit? :freaky:

scarlett 03-28-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I saw this whole thing on the news. Did you catch what the dog did with the fruit? :freaky:

No I didn't but should i ask?:eek:

LateNight 03-28-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett
No I didn't but should i ask?:eek:

LOL, yea, this I gotta hear! :yes:

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 07:57 PM

Please say he ate it! Please please please say it! So Isaac will have to eat his words.:rolleyes: