Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Government & Politics (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Do we dislike Old people this much? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1306)

Al Swearengen 05-01-2007 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Soul
One of the ineteresting things I love about them is that they understood their need for meat, and yet had such a deep love for all life that it left them with a sense of sorrow after a hunt. It's why they honor their prey. And they didn't kill more than they could eat. No over foresting, no over fishing...

In many native familes who are not enrolled with tribes, who live amongst white men as fellow white men, would NEVER sit back and allow the government to take care of their own. Not any that I know of, any way.

I understand. Indians are a proud people who carry their own weight. But the way I see it, the benefits are compensation, not charity...and they (the benefits) dont go far enough!

Santabot 05-01-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
I understand. Indians are a proud people who carry their own weight. But the way I see it, the benefits are compensation, not charity.

Those who have been displaced are already dead, this new generation needs no compensation, because since Old Soul speaks for his entire race, he says there is no need for the charity dollar, so let's just cut off their funds entirely. Good plan.

Old Soul 05-01-2007 11:08 PM

Well that wild Irish man I am married to just peeked in at me and scowled that I am on my computer. Said he's waiting for his squaw. I'll have to carry on this debate tommoro. Can't wait to see what bull**** Brain digs up in his "research". LOL.

Old Soul 05-01-2007 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santabot
Those who have been displaced are already dead, this new generation needs no compensation, because since Old Soul speaks for his entire race, he says there is no need for the charity dollar, so let's just cut off their funds entirely. Good plan.

They will thrive just fine without your taxes Santabrat. My guess is you prolly qualify for unearned income anyway, and you don't pay any real taxes. It's been my experience that the ones who whine the loudest, actualy pay the least, and have been at some time, a feeder off the rest of us.

I pay a chitload in taxes, so I think it fair that I can tell you to shut up.

AnimeSpirit 05-01-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santabot

I agree! People today who reap the benefits of the freedom our ancestors died for don't need it either because the people who won it for us are already dead! Let's go to war with Great Brittain again for THIS generation! ::extreme sarcasm::

Seriously though, I really don't agree with that Santabot.

Santabot 05-01-2007 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Soul
They will thrive just fine without your taxes Santabrat. My guess is you prolly qualify for unearned income anyway, and you don't pay any real taxes. It's been my experience that the ones who whine the loudest, actualy pay the least, and have been at some time, a feeder off the rest of us.

I pay a chitload in taxes, so I think it fair that I can tell you to shut up.

You're no better than I am. America is a land of equality and freedoms!

GOD BLESS AMERICA! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

**** THAT

BrainSmashR 05-02-2007 12:24 PM

America is a land of freedom and equality for ADULTS, not minors who aren't allowed to drink, buy cigarettes or VOTE.

The only rights YOU have are the rights your parents give you.