Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Sushi in Shreveport Bossier (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2343)

sbl_admin 08-06-2007 06:00 PM

Sushi in Shreveport Bossier

SBLive! staff explore the realm of sushi in the Shreveport-Bossier area

Isaac-Saxxon 08-06-2007 06:26 PM

Very nice column. I love sushi and going to a sushi bar is a blast. Mrs. Isaac does not do sushi so I will pick it up and take it home. I do make my own more than pick up. Yellow Fin Tuna and avocado will do just fine with soy and wasbi paste. Maybe one night when the kat is away I will slip out to the sushi bar again. Great subject choice.

rhertz 08-06-2007 07:05 PM

Cool article... Ichiban has good sushi too. Only they don't serve alcohol (sake).

Pocahontas 08-06-2007 11:45 PM

Nice piece guys! The pictures were so vibrant. I guess I might like the cream cheese and jalapeno roll without any fish!:p

Texasbelle 08-07-2007 07:35 AM

I think I'll just skip the sushi and head to Tokyo for some Teriyaki Chicken with fried rice!

Bubba McMillian 08-07-2007 08:47 AM

Raw Fish - I Don't Think So!

Great article but I'm still not gonna eat raw fish (except raw oysters).

Isaac-Saxxon 08-07-2007 08:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba McMillian
Great article but I'm still not gonna eat raw fish (except raw oysters).

You will eat a raw oyster which is a bottom filter of the ocean but not a fresh cut of tuna which is at the top of the food chain ??
Attachment 1317
I will take the tuna every time :D
Attachment 1318

joepole 08-07-2007 09:42 AM

Top of the food chain is the worst because it eats everything that everything below it has eaten. That's how carnivorous fish get so much mercury in them.

rhertz 08-07-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
Top of the food chain is the worst because it eats everything that everything below it has eaten. That's how carnivorous fish get so much mercury in them.

Yeah but 200 years ago during the Edo period in old Tokyo, there was no mercury pollution. What is my point? I have no point......

Texasbelle 08-07-2007 11:51 AM

The tuna and the oysters are both nasty. One looks like a cow booger and the other like a slice of raw cow tongue. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

Isaac-Saxxon 08-07-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
The tuna and the oysters are both nasty. One looks like a cow booger and the other like a slice of raw cow tongue. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

What is not to like about a cow tongue ? :laugh: FYI Tuna do not eat oysters !

LSU 08-07-2007 02:36 PM

i have to admit even i was a little hesitant about eating the "sashimi" or strip of raw fish if you didn't pay attention to the article!! but about two weeks ago i ate tuna, seabass,and salmon raw and it was one of the best things that i have ever eaten. i would compare it to the first time you eat an oyster: at first you are drawn back, then you taste it, then you realize that it is good, no really good, then you want more, and the next thing that you know you are at work craving it all day!

Allen Marsalis 08-07-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I think I'll just skip the sushi and head to Tokyo for some Teriyaki Chicken with fried rice!

That's the beauty of it. My wife and daughter gets steak and rice and my son and I get sushi! Best of both worlds....

Texasbelle 08-07-2007 09:56 PM

Nope, LSU, you'll never ever see me craving an oyster. Chocolate yes, oyster no.

Isabella 08-07-2007 11:08 PM

Never!