Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food & Dining (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Frozen beverages! (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1815)

Pocahontas 06-18-2007 03:58 PM

Frozen beverages!

With the weather getting steamier every day I got to thinking about some of my favorite frozen drinks. Thanks to Snow Man for mentioning one of my faves on another thread! The wonderfully delicious White Russian from What's on Tap? in Shreve City is a yummy concoction! What are y'alls favorites and where do you find them?:beerchug:

Isaac-Saxxon 06-18-2007 04:22 PM

I will have the red wine and every now and then tequila shots ;) Now I know Latenight will have some major input here so take it away LN :clap:

Snow Man 06-18-2007 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about a frozen Snow Bear :clap: Kind of like a white Russian !
Attachment 791
Makes me think of TGI Fridays down in the Square back in the day :yes:
I still could use a couple of carrots to go with that ;)

LateNight 06-18-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I will have the red wine and every now and then tequila shots ;) Now I know Latenight will have some major input here so take it away LN :clap:

Not much of a frozen drinker.. I like my Pale Ale's closer to room temp, and my daiquiris on the rocks :cool:

drank my share of icees back in the day. nothin' melts an icee faster than southern comfort.. UGHHH just the thought.

Texasbelle 06-18-2007 06:15 PM

My two fav's would be the Snow Bear at The Village and a margarita from Superior's. Me thinks I could use either one about right now!

Snow Man 06-18-2007 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
My two fav's would be the Snow Bear at The Village and a margarita from Superior's. Me thinks I could use either one about right now!

Texasbelle please do not disclose any more facts on the board about Snow Man ie Snow Bear. You know it takes a whole snow village to raise one snow bear :laugh: Just ask Phillip ;)
Attachment 794
I bet you cook good Texasbelle. :p

rhertz 06-18-2007 08:20 PM

Amateurs..... :D

Here is my two favorite "frozen beverages".. Now before you get your panties in a wad, neither of these are technically frozen. But they are my favorites none the less.

Rhertz's Real Margarita

Put bottle of patron tequila in the freezer. It becomes thick like syrup at that temp. Use gold or silver to your liking. I like silver myself. Put cocktail glasses in freezer too.

1 oz tequila
1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice (key limes are good)
1/2 oz of triple sec or grand marnier or cointreu or whatever you like

Pour each over ice in the frozen cocktail glass. You may need to double this recipe! ;)

Rhertz's Secret Vodka Martini

Put a bottle of Grey Goose in fridge (not freezer, heaven forbid)
Put martini glasses in freezer (not fridge, heaven forbid)
Put olives in fridge. good olives. Preferably whole queen sized with pit.
(hint: Zatarain's is good, Mezzetta's is ok)
(hint: If stuff isn't at the right temp, it throws the whole thing off!)
Whip out two good tooth picks. Not those plastic swords, preferably bamboo or good wood.

Fill glass pitcher with ice and let it sit for a minute to chill
Meanwhile, skewer the olives a little off center to avoid the pit

Decant the water from the pitcher. Now you have a cold glass pitcher filled with ice screaming for vodka! Add vodka. ahhhh... If you have to measure, well, I can't help you. Add a splash of vermouth, very preferably Noilly Pratt which is French vermouth to go with the French vodka.

Stir don't shake (heaven forbid)

Using the stir stick to hold back the ice, pour the two martinis into the frozen glasses. Martini's should be served (like Sake) with a friend. Add olive skewers.

Enjoy it in good health!!

Pocahontas 06-18-2007 09:45 PM

I think I could enjoy the margarita but not the martini! Ugh...way too strong on taste and the ability to make Pokie loopy! (Guess that's the idea)...:rolleyes:

rhertz 06-18-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I think I could enjoy the margarita but not the martini! Ugh...way too strong on taste and the ability to make Pokie loopy! (Guess that's the idea)...:rolleyes:

Yeah a bad martini takes like rubbing alcohol. But if I made you a tini, it would taste like glacier water! The whole idea is to tame the vodka...

Oh I forgot an important step. Use only filtered water for the ice and I also add one ice cube to the tini glass when I am done. The cube doesn't last long and helps keep the right temp while I sip it. ;)

LateNight 06-18-2007 10:55 PM

all that trouble to make a drink that taste like water :) give me somethin' with some taste to it ;) :cool:

guitarman 06-19-2007 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is not a frozen beverage but I like it very cold ;) that would be a Buttery Nipple.
Attachment 798
:yes: I prefer :peace:

Pocahontas 06-19-2007 03:31 PM

Another delicious summer drink is a Bushwacker!! Yes that is correct!
If you all are going to the beach this summer the Holiday Inn at Navarre Beach has a superb one with chocolate syrup poured around the edge of the glass before the frosty delight even goes in! The other Bushwacker I discovered was very tasty but way stronger on alcohol and it was at Jimmy Buffet's FloraBama! Yum! It's 5:00 somewhere!!:cool:

rhertz 06-20-2007 02:14 PM

I'm not much for frozen drinks. But I do have this one memory. Ms Hertz and I went to the Hyatt on Grand Caymen last century before we had little hertz's. They had a bar in the swimming pool. Yes I said IN the swimming pool, with the barstools about a foot under water. This is the same pool that "The Firm" with Tom Cruise was filmed at. (you can see the pool bar in the background) There they sold an Ultra-Colada which is like a Pina Colada on steroids. It was almost a meal :D It had fresh pineapple, coconut, and stuff sticking out of it. Very nice on a hot day after some volley ball in the pool.

Pocahontas 06-20-2007 05:18 PM

Mighty fine sounding drink and resort! It's hard to make those trips anymore when you have young ones at home! :(

Isaac-Saxxon 06-20-2007 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about a Mango Daiquiri ? :barf:

Attachment 806