Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Must not be livin' right. (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2434)

LateNight 08-20-2007 11:44 AM

Must not be livin' right.

I must not be living right.. I think the water pump went out on my truck.. and the car won't start this morning. And my internet connection at home is sucking at the moment.

:pray: Lord, grant me the power the change the things I can, accept the things I can’t

:confused:

howela 08-20-2007 06:15 PM

Matt 5:45

He causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Happens to all brother. Sorry about your rotten day.

Isaac-Saxxon 08-20-2007 06:39 PM

The Lord never gives us more than we can handle. :pray:Good post Howela ;)

LSU 08-21-2007 04:07 PM

Why is it when everybody else is enjoying the fruits of life all i get is indigestion?

Isaac-Saxxon 08-21-2007 06:26 PM

You know things happen in threes so your safe now LN !

Texasbelle 08-21-2007 06:28 PM

My momma used to give us the "The Lord will never give you more than you can handle." Then she always added, "But that doesn't mean he is not going to take you right to the very edge!"

I've been to the edge many times, but he always always sees me through!

Isaac-Saxxon 08-21-2007 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 19934)
My momma used to give us the "The Lord will never give you more than you can handle." Then she always added, "But that doesn't mean he is not going to take you right to the very edge!"

I've been to the edge many times, but he always always sees me through!

This is a test only a test ! Dualism in man and one must pick the road less traveled to find life's hidden mystery's.

Al Swearengen 08-21-2007 07:07 PM

I guess I've been blessed, lucky or somethin. I've been in trouble more times than I can count, fallen on hard times, etc, but somehow, someway, things always seem to work out in the end. In my time, I've come out of some seriously effed up situations smellin like a rose, I'm talkin serious tales-o-woe! Usually because of the lousy choices I made or the poor judgement I exercised. But I know for a fact that God intervened on my behalf many, many times. There are those who's lives seem to be cursed, for lack of a better word. Cant do nothin right, nothin ever works out for em, can never catch a break, always findin themselves at the wrong place at the wrong time. I have great empathy for those miserable bastards, cuz I know that but for the grace of God, that could be me.

Pocahontas 08-21-2007 08:42 PM

Al you sound like my sister! It's a wonder she is not in the funny farm. Her life is pure chaos, but the Man upstairs still recognizes and loves her and watches over her because she is still His child regardless.:pray:Thank goodness! I love her even though we are polar opposites!