Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Who Do You Think Will Be Our Next President? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010)

Isabella 03-23-2007 08:52 AM

Who Do You Think Will Be Our Next President?

We need a new topic. State your opinion.

I believe our next president will be a republican who is a white male. Not quite sure of the name yet.

Texasbelle 03-23-2007 09:18 AM

Not sure either who it will be but I do know who I don't want it be........

HILARY

Isabella 03-23-2007 09:57 AM

NOR DO I!!!

We do not need a democrat who will raise our taxes. Our economy will surely spiral downwards. John Edwards says he wants to raise taxes for healthcare. His wife has cancer and he is staying in the race, which I think is very selfish. He is nice to look at, but I will not vote for him because of his views.

scarlett 03-23-2007 10:03 AM

honestly no matter who gets voted as President they are never for the middle class period. Middle class suffers more than any other class. The rich have it so easy with the little extras they get and well of course the poor get all the freebies that the middle class pays for.

They can all say they will do this and they will do that and they don't believe in this and they do believe in that....... I can say what i want too doesn't mean it's true!

Too many people listen to the non-important things these people say and they get voted in on the lies they tell.

So honestly no matter who is our next president they won't be worth a hoot anyway.

joepole 03-23-2007 10:11 AM

>We do not need a democrat who will raise our taxes.

Presidents don't raise taxes, Congresses do.

Isaac-Saxxon 03-23-2007 10:33 AM

You got part of it right

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
>We do not need a democrat who will raise our taxes.

Presidents don't raise taxes, Congresses do.

It is Democrat run Congresses that do the tax hikes !

joepole 03-23-2007 10:43 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say our next President is going to be a middle-aged white male that approximately half the country likes and half the country dislikes.

Isaac-Saxxon 03-23-2007 11:00 AM

Here I go again ! I agree with Joe on this one

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
I'm going to go out on a limb and say our next President is going to be a middle-aged white male that approximately half the country likes and half the country dislikes.

I can not see a female president :nono: Now ladies you know the mood swings that can come into play here and mood swings are not good when someone is holding the nuclear football. This country is split in half so there is a no win situation for half of the country.
Isaac

Texasbelle 03-23-2007 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I can not see a female president :nono: Now ladies you know the mood swings that can come into play here and mood swings are not good when someone is holding the nuclear football. This country is split in half so there is a no win situation for half of the country.
Isaac

Isaac, there are quite a few females on this board now and you never know which one of us is in the middle of a mood swing so CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY BIG BOY!:nono:

Honestly though I would like to hear from Scarlett what you consider rich? What income level? Why should someone pay a higher percentage level of taxes because they perhaps went to college for 12 years to get several degrees and make more money? Why is that fair? Why is it fair to me that someone can sit at home, barely make say $12,000 and get an earned income credit? I consider that unfair.

AnimeSpirit 03-23-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Isaac, there are quite a few females on this board now and you never know which one of us is in the middle of a mood swing so CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY BIG BOY!:nono:

Honestly though I would like to hear from Scarlett what you consider rich? What income level? Why should someone pay a higher percentage level of taxes because they perhaps went to college for 12 years to get several degrees and make more money? Why is that fair? Why is it fair to me that someone can sit at home, barely make say $12,000 and get an earned income credit? I consider that unfair.

That reminds me of the "bass-ackwards" way the government handled our paychecks in the military. Once in a blue moon, a serviceman might get over (or under) paid and this might even go on for several months before someone noticed. Seriously, would you tell someone if you were being overpaid? ;) Anywho, when the government finally notices that you were overpaid, they will ask for it all back in one lump sum. However, when you are underpaid, they give it to back in payments.

Neo 03-23-2007 12:00 PM

Texasbelle, I think you must after my heart.... I completely agree with you on taxing the educated. Why must I pay a higher percentage of tax for being successful and advancing the lives of my family, my country, and those who truly need charity? This country has created a welfare system that rewards having children parents can't afford, and the less you do the more entitlements you recieve. Believe me, my life would be less stressful watching jerry springer all day while getting mailbox money. Don't get me started on property taxes for the "so called" award of living in the city of Shreveport. They wonder why people move out of the city.:mad: :mad:

Texasbelle for prez. maybe the middle east would be scared,, we would have a woman with so many emotions swirling they would not know if a nuke was coming or flowers. ( keep em on there toes 40)

AnimeSpirit 03-23-2007 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo
This country has created a welfare system that rewards having children parents can't afford, and the less you do the more entitlements you recieve.

You know, there was another website forum a while back that discussed a related topic to that. The forum was discussing a controversial government program idea.

This voluntary program involves social services taking note of a child's existance as soon as the doctor confirms the pregnancy (like a prebirth registration). Social services would then examine the parents' financial status and living arrangements (all of this voluntary). If the parents' lifestyle is considered unsatisfactory, then social services would point them to various means of improving their lifestyle prior to the child's birth (financial counseling, home loan programs, etc.). This would help create decent homes for the children upon their birth. Parents who actively participated in this program would have access to welfare should the need arise. Reverserly, parents who chose NOT to accept the help of social services would have trouble getting welfare. This is suppose to help reduce the people who abuse the system in this way and motivate people to take part in the various programs that our tax money pays for.

I don't know what my position on this idea is, but I'd be interested to see how it would work out.

Texasbelle 03-23-2007 02:47 PM

You know Neo, nothing can get it done like a woman.

Furthermore while we are discussing this, why should the educated and I guess that makes us rich have to be penalized so? Our tax bracket is such now that we don't even get to claim our children any longer. I am not sure if people are aware that it actually works that way but it does. You do reach a point where you are even penalized and no longer get to even claim your children as your own. However, you can sit around, do nothing, watch Springer all day, have EIGHT babies, and get to claim everyone of them and to put the cherry on top get an EARNED INCOME CREDIT. Now someone needs to justify that to me. A guess a Democrat could try. What about a flat tax rate? Everybody pays say the same 25% rate. Wouldn't that be a thought?

I frankly shudder at the thought of Hilary or Obama Bin Laden in the White House. John Edwards needs to stop and take care of his wife. It's time to enjoy the time you are going to have with her, not the campaign trail. Once the cancer metastasizes to the bones there is no curing it. These people's priorities and where they place them amaze me.

Enough of my soapbox for the moment...back to a little work so the government can get half of it to feed some bum down the road.:peace:

Neo 03-23-2007 03:13 PM

T-belle, you sound like a conservative to the core, and in the minority of the tax bracket. the minority, in most cases, have the biggest voice of change...... Not in this case. Go figure the rich get richer and poor want more for nothing! I say get an education, get a job, and bust your a**.

Texasbelle 03-23-2007 08:27 PM

I am with you Neo. The thing for most to remember is that the minority at this point have the advantage truly. They have more scholarships, etc. We have to pay the way the whole way!! It can be free for them if they choose to use the opportunities out there for them. It's all about what you want.