Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   World News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What Do You Think Of Civil Unions For Gay Couples? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798)

sbl_admin 02-20-2007 07:54 AM

What Do You Think Of Civil Unions For Gay Couples?

Shortly after midnight, Steven Goldstein and Daniel Gross renewed their vows as New Jersey became the third state in the nation to offer civil unions for gay couples.

Isaac-Saxxon 02-20-2007 09:21 AM

The Gay people do contibute to our tax base

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbl_admin
Shortly after midnight, Steven Goldstein and Daniel Gross renewed their vows as New Jersey became the third state in the nation to offer civil unions for gay couples.

I think I am ok with them getting equal benefits from the government they do pay taxes too. I do not think that any church of any kind should marry them in the name of God. Civil union ok God Blessed marriage no :nono: I do not hate gay people and find many of my customers that are gay are much easier to deal with than most others. We do not have to talk about their sex life or mine far as that goes so respect is the order of the day.
Isaac

AnimeSpirit 02-20-2007 09:42 AM

I can agree to some of that. I think they should have legal rights as far as marriage goes. I'm not about to open the can on spiritual rights. But as far as my personal composure goes, my position is the same as that in the military. "Don't ask, don't tell....and NO PDA!!!" :p

BrainSmashR 02-20-2007 10:02 AM

LAF

The zealot thinks we should change the laws to not only dismiss the First Amendment and separation of church and state, but also to give special rights to a minority of the American population..

And you have the audacity to call others anti-American?

Do you even know what the word means?

Neo 02-20-2007 11:18 AM

we already give special privileges to the minorities... too numerous to count, However, the minority today may be the majority of the future...JUST A LITTLE COMPASSION FOR OTHERS NEVER HURTS...what happen to the golden rule.:peace:

Lions Welp 02-20-2007 12:41 PM

People are going to talk

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I can agree to some of that. I think they should have legal rights as far as marriage goes. I'm not about to open the can on spiritual rights. But as far as my personal composure goes, my position is the same as that in the military. "Don't ask, don't tell....and NO PDA!!!" :p

If some one is gay they can not hide it from all the people all the time. The don't ask don't tell is kind of a PC thing. I feel if they obey the law and pay their bills then they are just as American as I am. I must say civil union sounds better than a church ordained marriage but to me churches are political factions too and the in fighting that goes on in many denominations at the top levels is worse than the problems on a local level.

Neo 02-20-2007 02:42 PM

At least it will give more mathematicians a job. Have to recalculate life expectancies, and all risk associated... potential rate hike in the near future to share the extra burden.

rhertz 02-20-2007 05:14 PM

Civil Union? LOL, sometimes my marriage isn't very civil at all! ;)

BrainSmashR 02-20-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo
we already give special privileges to the minorities... too numerous to count, However, the minority today may be the majority of the future...JUST A LITTLE COMPASSION FOR OTHERS NEVER HURTS...what happen to the golden rule.:peace:

Call me an optimist, but I'm not really worried about homosexuals becoming a majority in America.

Isabella 02-20-2007 08:16 PM

I don't have a problem with civil unions. Marriage should be between a man and woman, though. Sorry, but there is a difference. Gay couples should be able to receive the same health benefits, etc. as married couples. I assume a civil union would allow these benefits.

Al Swearengen 02-20-2007 09:01 PM

Geez! They already have San Fran Sicko, if not the entire state of Homofornia...now they want marriage or a reasonable facsimile thereof. Enough already! Get back in the closet ya freaks!

rhertz 02-22-2007 10:41 AM

As a child of the 60's, I always thought that pot would be decriminalized before two same sex partners could ever get married. In fact, the latter never even crossed my mind until the last 6 years or so when the subject first came up in the news. Isn't sodomy even within marriage still illegal in some states? Seems like they would have to reverse that law first.