Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hobbies & Crafts (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Are your pets like your children (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1044)

Texasbelle 05-07-2007 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Those are Paris Hilton dogs :laugh: good for barking and did I say barking :laugh: Did I tell you that I do not have a dog ? I have Border Collies :clap:

WHATEVER

Isaac-Saxxon 05-07-2007 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
WHATEVER

I am so glad that you agree Tbelle ;) I know you love your dogs and they are always glad to see you and never won't to leave home well except Blitz he likes to chase parked cars :laugh:

Pocahontas 05-07-2007 09:50 AM

Border collies rock my world!!:clap:

saranghe 07-26-2007 12:47 AM

wow these are sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-26-2007 06:48 AM

My children are to expensive to be my pets. Pets just need love, shots and food. :D

rhertz 07-26-2007 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pug Power!!

Attachment 1191

Texasbelle 07-26-2007 06:18 PM

I have to ask this before I can make my statement regarding the looks of your dog....if it's true that dogs can begin to resemble their owner, does that dog look like you Rhertz????

Isaac-Saxxon 07-26-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

I have to ask this before I can make my statement regarding the looks of your dog....if it's true that dogs can begin to resemble their owner, does that dog look like you Rhertz????

You know Belle I think you have a good point. You have a powder white dog and you have rosie shoes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rhertz 07-26-2007 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I wish! The Pug definitely has more hair on its head than I do! Seriously I know I joke a lot about the Pug, but she is the sweetest dog with the most personality of any I've ever had. Pugs Rule!

P.S. I only post my most freaky Pug pix...

Attachment 1198

Isaac-Saxxon 07-26-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
I wish! The Pug definitely has more hair on its head than I do! Seriously I know I joke a lot about the Pug, but she is the sweetest dog with the most personality of any I've ever had. Pugs Rule!

P.S. I only post my most freaky Pug pix...

Attachment 1198

I think they are all freaky so far. Do those dogs snort and make strange sounds to boot ? :eek:

vixweb 07-26-2007 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Meet CAESAR: Red nose Red w/green eyes:peace:

Texasbelle 07-26-2007 07:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
MMMMMmmmm that pug is ugly. Now this is what pretty dogs look like...

Attachment 1200

Attachment 1201

rhertz 07-27-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

I think they are all freaky so far. Do those dogs snort and make strange sounds to boot ? :eek:

Yes they sound just like they look! :D Ms Hertz calls it "purring" when she makes funny noises because she's happy.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-27-2007 03:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There is a dog for everybody that is for sure. Then there are Border Collies still brains and beauty to a T ;)
Attachment 1208
The Shepherds best friend.

rhertz 07-27-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

MMMMMmmmm that pug is ugly. Now this is what pretty

The Pug would be very upset to hear you say that. She is beautiful. Her name is Tiffany and she wears a pretty pink collar and leash. My niece also has a Pug called Bella (the Beautiful). These are not your average dogs. They have expression and feelings like no other dog I have ever seen.

It's my fault for picking out the weirdest and freakiest pictures to post. I will post some "normal" pictures over the weekend. She really is beautiful and she believes it too! I have never had one, but if they are anything like Pugs, I bet bulldogs are a riot!

rhertz 07-27-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

The Shepherds best friend.

But there are no sheep around here! hmmm.. How about a hose? :D

rhertz 07-27-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

MMMMMmmmm that pug is ugly. Now this is what pretty dogs look like...

Attachment 1200

Attachment 1201

Looks like Cousin It!! :duck:

Texasbelle 07-27-2007 10:54 PM

Do not pick on the Yorkies! They are guarded by the Kuvasz. Where's that picture Isaac? He needs reminding.

rhertz 07-28-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Do not pick on the Yorkies! They are guarded by the Kuvasz. Where's that picture Isaac? He needs reminding.

Not picking... Cousin It is cute! :D

But I might need reminding anyway, cause I likes it! :p

Isaac-Saxxon 07-28-2007 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brains, beauty and grace ! Called the working dog and the good shepherds friend ! Border Collies keep those sheep in line.
Attachment 1212
That ill do Pig !

Texasbelle 07-29-2007 12:22 AM

Not that ole picture...the "guarding dog" picture..you know sharp teeth, Cujo looking moment going on...get the idea?

Isaac-Saxxon 07-29-2007 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Swiss Mountain Kuvasz :eek: very dangerous dog :rolleyes:
Attachment 1224

guitarman 07-29-2007 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Desmond keeps a eye on the fort.
Attachment 1241

Pocahontas 07-29-2007 07:34 PM

Now that's a beautiful animal for sure!! :)

rhertz 07-30-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Swiss Mountain Kuvasz :eek: very dangerous dog :rolleyes:
Attachment 1224

They might not make good attack dogs, but this one looks like it may have won the Nobel prize for Physics.

Isaac-Saxxon 08-16-2007 07:33 AM

Brains and beauty all in one :D If you do not own a Border Collie you might after you view this video clip :peace: yep maybe two ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI7TN...related&search

Texasbelle 08-16-2007 07:52 AM

Border Collie? No thanks! I am sure they are great dogs, but I have even better....Yorkies, Kuvasz, German Shepherd, Siberian Husky, and a Schnauzer!

Isaac-Saxxon 08-16-2007 08:55 AM

Quote:

Border Collie? No thanks! I am sure they are great dogs, but I have even better....Yorkies, Kuvasz, German Shepherd, Siberian Husky, and a Schnauzer!

I see you have tried every breed. Have you found one that you like best ? You know I always wanted a Yorkie but Mama would not let me have one :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pocahontas 08-16-2007 09:46 AM

Vibrant, brilliant, beautiful, mischievous....that's border collies!! Great video!
That birthing scene brought back alot of fond memories. I have assisted my female in a few births it's so exciting!!!:cool:
Come on Belle you need to add one to your menagerie!;)

Texasbelle 08-16-2007 10:22 AM

My favorite breed hands down is the Yorkie. I just love them which is why we have four. Next favorite would be the Kuvasz! We've had a Border Collie and she drove us nuts constantly herding the horses. She never gave the horses a minutes rest.

Pokie, if another dog shows up at this house Mr. Belle will likely take out the fool who dared to bring it here and I will help him. We have more than enough.

rhertz 08-16-2007 12:38 PM

Yeah, but can your dog go bowling??

Pug Bowling

Pocahontas 08-16-2007 02:36 PM

Do all pug's eyeballs look as if they are looking in opposite directions??:confused: :duck:

AnimeSpirit 08-16-2007 04:53 PM

My sister just bought a couple of new shi tzu puppies for my niece and nephew. Those kids don't let their puppies go. :laugh:

Texasbelle 08-16-2007 08:08 PM

I wonder what kind of dog you get if you breed a Shi tzu and a Bull dog?:D

Al Swearengen 08-16-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Do all pug's eyeballs look as if they are looking in opposite directions??:confused: :duck:

I think thats a Boston Terrier youre thinking of there, Pokie.

We just lost our 10 year old Border Collie mix, "Allie" was her name. She was my wife's dog, the wife havin rescued her from the dog catcher as a puppie. Are they like our children? Hell yes, they are indeed. My wife is beside herself with grief, takin it very hard. I swear to God, that was the smartest dog I'd ever seen in my life, hands down. Such a loss to our family, it just makes me sick to think about it. We're a family of animal lovers, like many of you. Seven cats, two dogs and a beta fish, each a much loved member of our clan.

Its fair to say that I'm obsessed with death now...have been since my father died seven years past. I've studied just about every facet of it, read about all of the various ways that it impacts the individual, society, business, viewed images of the dead from the very recent to the not-so-recent, some of them extremely disturbin. It was not until late last night, as I sat at my desk viewing thumbnails of "death masks", that I realized why I've been doin this all these years. I've been trying to de-sensitize myself to it! Over-exposin myself to it was nothin more than a defense mechanism of sorts, an attempt to "up-armor" my soul. Just a copin strategy of which I'd been previously completely unaware. A rare moment of insight into my own psyche.

So far, its been a limited success.

Pocahontas 08-16-2007 10:20 PM

My heart goes out to you Al....so sorry about Allie! Our family feels the same way about our dogs! Oh it is so hard...especially after it first happens and you keep looking for them around every corner!!:(

Isaac-Saxxon 08-17-2007 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
I think thats a Boston Terrier youre thinking of there, Pokie.

We just lost our 10 year old Border Collie mix, "Allie" was her name. She was my wife's dog, the wife havin rescued her from the dog catcher as a puppie. Are they like our children? Hell yes, they are indeed. My wife is beside herself with grief, takin it very hard. I swear to God, that was the smartest dog I'd ever seen in my life, hands down. Such a loss to our family, it just makes me sick to think about it. We're a family of animal lovers, like many of you. Seven cats, two dogs and a beta fish, each a much loved member of our clan.

Its fair to say that I'm obsessed with death now...have been since my father died seven years past. I've studied just about every facet of it, read about all of the various ways that it impacts the individual, society, business, viewed images of the dead from the very recent to the not-so-recent, some of them extremely disturbin. It was not until late last night, as I sat at my desk viewing thumbnails of "death masks", that I realized why I've been doin this all these years. I've been trying to de-sensitize myself to it! Over-exposin myself to it was nothin more than a defense mechanism of sorts, an attempt to "up-armor" my soul. Just a copin strategy of which I'd been previously completely unaware. A rare moment of insight into my own psyche.

So far, its been a limited success.

Hey Al you are wise to look at things in a real way. I hope you find what it is you are looking for. Tell you wife I will have a litter of Border Collies next spring from my female. You are so right they are soooooooooo smart and until you own one you could never now. :peace:

LateNight 08-17-2007 08:02 AM

is my pet like my children ?? well, more than that.. more like a older son who's given up on college, and still lays around the damn house all day, and does nothing. time for this dog to get a damn job :)

http://www.caseyjones.net/imagelinks/tazcouch.jpg

Always lyin' around the house.. runnin' her mouth about somethin'.. feed me, get me water, yadda yadda yadda.

http://www.caseyjones.net/imagelinks/tazspeaks.jpg

TGIF everyone !!!

Texasbelle 08-17-2007 10:52 AM

Al, my heart goes out to your family. I have lost two in the last two years and still cry over them often. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Pocahontas 08-17-2007 03:16 PM

TGIF everyone!! Nice photos LN! It is rumbling outside maybe the rains are finally going to hit after this latest heat wave! :cool: