Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Historic Photos (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Comments on: the strand (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2492)

sbl_admin 08-26-2007 04:34 PM

Comments on: the strand

Reader comments and feedback for the the strand photo.
This image is part of the Historic Photos photo gallery

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/pho...72416cfe_l.jpg

'nuff said

guitarman 08-26-2007 04:35 PM

This is a nice venue. I have seen Jackson Brown and Don McLean oh and a few others and it has great atmosphere.

LateNight 08-26-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman (Post 20233)
This is a nice venue. I have seen Jackson Brown and Don McLean oh and a few others and it has great atmosphere.

I saw Jackson Browne at the Strand a few years back.. he was on a solo tour.. it was great. He really seemed to enjoy the Strand as well.

On a side note.. I've been to a few Jackson Browne concerts, and I've been mistaken for Jackson Browne on more than one occasion. this was back when I was quite a few pounds lighter :) But twice it got me to the front of the concession stand line. Before I was "found out" LOL

Pocahontas 08-26-2007 11:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's definitely a compliment to be confused with Jackson! He's quite handsome! :flirt: I saw him a few years ago too at the Strand!
Attachment 1410

salguodgrubmab 08-27-2007 07:10 AM

I recorded the show. Unfortunately I sat beside a loud drunken JB fan who is audible throughout. I sometimes listen back when the guy informs JB that he saw Planet of the Apes on that stage and JB's comment about hearing a distinct dialect. It is really quite comical. The recording is also compromised by a bevy of female fans constantly professing their love for old JB.

Isaac-Saxxon 08-27-2007 07:19 AM

Pink Floyd light show in 96. The sound system was not that great the show had brought with them. It came back I did not go the second time. To many concerts over the years have done damage to my ears. Nice looking venue with a rich history.

salguodgrubmab 08-27-2007 07:46 AM

I am missing all the high and low frequencies in my hearing too. Hey, thanks a lot Ted Nugent!

rhertz 08-27-2007 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salguodgrubmab (Post 20249)
I recorded the show. Unfortunately I sat beside a loud drunken JB fan who is audible throughout. I sometimes listen back when the guy informs JB that he saw Planet of the Apes on that stage and JB's comment about hearing a distinct dialect. It is really quite comical. The recording is also compromised by a bevy of female fans constantly professing their love for old JB.

Sounds awesome! Why don't you post it! :D

guitarman 08-27-2007 02:14 PM

Jackson Brown and his friend Rosie :D I was sitting near the same drunk. When Brown changed the lyrics to Cocaine so say do not do Coke then the drunk went wild and started the name calling. It did put a damper on the music a bit. Jackson held his head high and did a great job despite the drunk redneck and his insults.

LateNight 08-27-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman (Post 20307)
Jackson Brown and his friend Rosie :D I was sitting near the same drunk. When Brown changed the lyrics to Cocaine so say do not do Coke then the drunk went wild and started the name calling. It did put a damper on the music a bit. Jackson held his head high and did a great job despite the drunk redneck and his insults.

LOL, I must have been far enough away from all that nonsense :) Really enjoyed that Strand show.

Pocahontas 08-27-2007 09:06 PM

Just for the record we must have all been at the same concert because I remember that obnoxious drunk too! I also remember smelling pot and was stunned that people were smoking that at the elegant Strand! :nono: Oh wait this is Louisiana!:rolleyes:

rhertz 08-27-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 20331)
Just for the record we must have all been at the same concert because I remember that obnoxious drunk too! I also remember smelling pot and was stunned that people were smoking that at the elegant Strand! :nono: Oh wait this is Louisiana!:rolleyes:

I saw Eric Clapton at the Gold Dome in the early to mid 80's. One of the few concerts at the gold dome as I recall. The Hirch and Municipal where typically "very smokey" but the Gold Dome was filled with mom and pop's with the lights on. I kept wondering when the lights would go off but they never did. Someone fired up a doobie, and even Eric said something on stage about it. That was one brave stoner! :D

vixweb 08-27-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 20331)

I've smoked in there twice:D When I saw The PinkFloyd laser show, And a few years ago BELA FLECK and the FLECKTONES ! Awesome show- I'm a long time fan of Victor Wooten ! ( sorry Pokie !):peace:

rhertz 08-27-2007 10:33 PM

LOL, you didn't happen to see Eric Clapton in the gold dome did ya? :D

P.S. I forgot all about the Pink Floyd laser light shows.. I partaked in one of those. :D But I barely remember it.... LOL

salguodgrubmab 08-28-2007 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 20336)
I've smoked in there twice:D When I saw The PinkFloyd laser show, And a few years ago BELA FLECK and the FLECKTONES ! Awesome show- I'm a long time fan of Victor Wooten ! ( sorry Pokie !):peace:

I got a good recording of that show. Victor blew me away.