Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hobbies & Crafts (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Are your pets like your children (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1044)

LateNight 04-03-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Give Taz my regrets, I didn't mean to call her a she!!!!:D

He's a She :)

So TBelle, just how many animals do you have out there ? :)

Texasbelle 04-03-2007 11:57 AM

Can you tell the kids are out of school and mom is going in ten directions?

I meant tell her that "I'm sorry that I called her a him."

We have 3 Yorkies, 1 Kuvasz, 1 German Shepherd, 1 Huskie, 1 Schnauzer, and 4 horses. We also have two grandpuppies in college that come home from time to time.:) :)

Isaac-Saxxon 04-03-2007 03:17 PM

The Old Stud Dog

1 Attachment(s)
Bandit with 48 litters at stud with his mother Molly in the background and one of his 332 puppies Mickey.
Attachment 210
Isaac

LateNight 04-03-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Can you tell the kids are out of school and mom is going in ten directions?

I meant tell her that "I'm sorry that I called her a him."

LOL , it was still early yet :) With a name like "taz" an easy assumption to make. And yea, it's chaos around here too.

Texasbelle 04-03-2007 09:44 PM

So Isaac, how many cigarettes does Bandit smoke after all that "work"? That boy has been busy!

rhertz 04-03-2007 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
While we are posting pictures of our pets, I have a good picture of my pug pickin' her nose with her tongue!

Al Swearengen 04-03-2007 11:24 PM

Ha! Rhertz, one of these days Im gonna get me one of them lil snotblowers. They just seem like they'd be the best pets...next to a cat, I mean.;)

LateNight 04-03-2007 11:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like ol' Ren here from the Ren & Stimpy show, might have been a pug. No offense intended :)

Attachment 213

Isaac-Saxxon 04-04-2007 04:29 AM

He gets it from his father

Quote:

So Isaac, how many cigarettes does Bandit smoke after all that "work"? That boy has been busy!

Like father like son :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rhertz 04-04-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Ha! Rhertz, one of these days Im gonna get me one of them lil snotblowers. They just seem like they'd be the best pets...next to a cat, I mean.;)

We love the Pug which gets better medical care than I do. But we also think the Pug is one of the most disgusting creatures on earth, which is part of their appeal. But I guess that after you have had Pug snot blown in your mouth or face a few hundred times, you get used to it.

We have fun around the house trying to figure out if the Pug is half dog and half pig, or half dog and half cat, half dog and half human, half dog and half alien, or what the heck she might be....

rhertz 04-04-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
Looks like ol' Ren here from the Ren & Stimpy show, might have been a pug. No offense intended :)

Attachment 213

Rens nose is WAYYYYYY too pointy to be a pug. Stimpy has more of a pug nose with pug lips.

LOL, No offense intended?? Towards me? Or the Pug? LMAO, You can dis the pug all you want.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-04-2007 07:34 PM

You can dis the pug all you want.

That is one funky dog that makes funny sounds thru its nose. I have never been around them enough to know how they are for a pet. I am sure you love your snot baby like we all love our dogs and cats. I got to tell you that crazy Kuvaz that Texasbelle has is a mean mother. Kind of like a Ridgeback they do not jack around when it comes to protecting the master one bit. I hope she can get a handle on that dog it is a very strong willed dog with a very big bite. Nothing personal Tbelle but I have read up on this breed and they are tuff puppies. Border Collies :D ranked number one in IQ and the shepherds companion are very gentile and have energy to burn. If I lived in the country I would want a dog like Rosie but not for a walk in a park.:eek: :eek: :eek:
Isaac

Al Swearengen 04-04-2007 08:21 PM

Yeah, we've got a Border Collie type dog by the name of "Allie"...smartest damn dog ya ever saw, and a real credit to her species. After the wife has had her dinner, she'll set her plate or bowl down on the floor, with the spoon/fork still on it, and "Allie" will calmly remove the eating utensil from the plate/bowl so as to better get at the scraps and sauce/gravy. And the whole family is convinced that "Allie" understands every word we say.

As for Rhertz's lil "snotblower", gettin snot blown into your family's faces or mouths could only mean that yall's faces are in close proximity to the pug's face, which means yall love on him and kiss his fuzzy head alot, and thats a good thing!

rhertz 04-04-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
That is one funky dog that makes funny sounds thru its nose. I have never been around them enough to know how they are for a pet. I am sure you love your snot baby like we all love our dogs and cats. I got to tell you that crazy Kuvaz that Texasbelle has is a mean mother. Kind of like a Ridgeback they do not jack around when it comes to protecting the master one bit. I hope she can get a handle on that dog it is a very strong willed dog with a very big bite. Nothing personal Tbelle but I have read up on this breed and they are tuff puppies. Border Collies :D ranked number one in IQ and the shepherds companion are very gentile and have energy to burn. If I lived in the country I would want a dog like Rosie but not for a walk in a park.:eek: :eek: :eek:

I hear that male Pugs can be a bit aggressive, but our female Pug grew up around young children with no problem whatsoever. She is very intelligent and she knows dozens of human words. Very gentle unless of course you get her all riled up. Even then, she is somewhat reserved. Very strange and interesting breed. She really doesn't know how to bark all that well. She wouldn't protect me, but she does watch TV and tries to bark at any dog scenes. Pugs are one of the oldest breeds and the largest in the toy dog group, but still rather small. (0ur chunky pug weighs 17 lbs) She will eat anything which can be a problem, especially when she wants to check out how it turned out on the other end. Other than that, I think they rank high on the intelligence scale up there with border collies and poodles. I once read that dalmations were near the bottom.

Texasbelle 04-04-2007 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Isaac

Yes it is a difficult dog to walk in the park, but very necessary in order to "socialize" the Kuvasz Rosie. She has to learn to be in social situations and not react in a negative manner to everyone, only those who are aggressive to her "pack". We did take her walking at Betty Virginia and had about an 8 y/o or 10 y/o child run up behind us and try to grab her tail. Well, they almost left without a hand. Thank goodness I keep her on a short leash, tight harness, and hang on to her close. On the same day another child at the park ran up to my young son and tried to grab him screaming, well she again tried to protect him. It wasn't pretty, she looked like Cujo! I handled her well and she didn't bite anyone though she wanted too. It's a very interesting breed of dog but you have to responsible with them. We had to sign a contract with the breeder that we would take her to obediance school, etc. It's going to be an interesting ride watching her grow up for the next year or so!

Isabella 04-05-2007 01:53 AM

Anyone want to adopt this precious dog?

1 Attachment(s)
My name is Candy Cane. I am a beautiful light S/P Schnauzer girl. I have cropped ears, a docked tail, am about 10 years young and weigh 24 pounds.
I have a very sad story to tell, the only family I have ever known passed away about a month ago … no one else wanted me so I was taken to a shelter. A very foreign experience for me considering the pampered life I have lived for all of my 10 years.
MSRH was called and I now live in a foster home. Although I like my new foster family I really would love to have a forever family of my own to live happily ever after for the rest of my life.
I am healthy, leashed trained, house trained and even learned to use a doggie door, who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks? I know the basic commands of sit and stay and will shake hands. I also enjoy riding in the car, but mostly I like being petted, chilling out and being close to my human.
I would love to be adopted into an all adult home and would really prefer to be an only child where I can get all of your love and attention. If you are that special person please ask for me when filling out the adoption application. I have lots of Schnauzer love, hugs and wet kisses to give to my forever person.
Love, Candy

Please go to the MSRH website at www.msrh.org ... complete and submit an adoption application ... An adoption counselor will then contact you about Candy ... Sherry ... MSRH Adoption Coordinator

Al Swearengen 04-05-2007 03:40 AM

I'd save em all if I could. Thank you, Isabella, for making the effort.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-05-2007 06:59 PM

Isabella I think maybe some help is on the way

Will do some checking around and Tbelle is too.
Good luck.
Isaac

rhertz 04-10-2007 12:05 PM

Dress your pet contest planned today

I don't think the Pug would look very good in orange. Now if the color was pink, and the sponsor was Tropicana Twister Pink Lemonade, we'd win this for sure! :D

Pocahontas 04-10-2007 06:52 PM

Adorable pets!

All of you guys have the cutest dogs!! I'm partial to them myself. I have 4! I sure hope Candy can find a new home!:(
Also back to the question...are your pets like your children?
Answer: Pets mind a whole lot better!:D

rhertz 04-10-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I have 4!

Bless You!! (and Pokeyman for paying the vet bills!!) I can barely handle one!

Texasbelle 04-10-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

All of you guys have the cutest dogs!! I'm partial to them myself. I have 4! I sure hope Candy can find a new home!:(
Also back to the question...are your pets like your children?
Answer: Pets mind a whole lot better!:D

and they don't talk back!!!:p or ask for money!!!:p :p

Isaac-Saxxon 05-05-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

and they don't talk back!!!:p or ask for money!!!:p :p

Time to wake up those doggies :laugh:

Texasbelle 05-05-2007 11:32 AM

Rosie the Terrible is flat on her back, legs up in the air, snoozing........she's had a hard day so far. She says it's a rough life guarding the ankle biters. I'll get a pick snapped of her in her fav snooze position.

AnimeSpirit 05-05-2007 11:47 AM

I wanna take a quick recording of my cat going silly over catnip. She's really funny. :D

Isaac-Saxxon 05-05-2007 11:59 AM

Meet the Border Collies

2 Attachment(s)
OK I got a new one ! Sorry about the shoes but they were not in the mood to sit still.
Sir Noodles (Blaze) 7 year old father of Kanga
Attachment 441

Queen Grace (Kanga Banga) 1 year old ***** daughter of Noddles
Attachment 442

Pocahontas 05-05-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

OK I got a new one ! Sorry about the shoes but they were not in the mood to sit still.
Sir Noodles (Blaze) 7 year old father of Kanga
Attachment 441

Queen Grace (Kanga Banga) 1 year old ***** daughter of Noddles
Attachment 442

Now that is one adorable dog!!!!
It does look like the tennies could use a good scrubbing, but at least they aren't Wal Mart "birkenstocks" LOL sorry couldn't resist!!:laugh:

Isaac-Saxxon 05-05-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

It does look like the tennies could use a good scrubbing, but at least they aren't Wal Mart "birkenstocks" LOL sorry couldn't resist!!:laugh:

Why thank you Pocahontas ! I think :confused: Them some mighty fine cow dogs I got there. Well the shoes :o I had been working in the garden all morning and they are dirty. I did see on the cover of National Geographic that Pocahontas had a article that was very good you should read it :clap:

rhertz 05-05-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

1 year old ***** daughter of Noddles

Why does that sound so funny to me? Like something off Monty Python or something... :D

Pocahontas 05-05-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Why thank you Pocahontas ! I think :confused: Them some mighty fine cow dogs I got there. Well the shoes :o I had been working in the garden all morning and they are dirty. I did see on the cover of National Geographic that Pocahontas had a article that was very good you should read it :clap:

OOPS...guess that's TWO adorable dogs. I was in a hurry and thought they were the same one! I'll check the Pokie article out...thanks!:)

Texasbelle 05-05-2007 11:03 PM

One of them Border Collies looks like it got shrunk in the dryer Isaac. Why is it so small? Is it a puppy?

Texasbelle 05-05-2007 11:04 PM

Quote:

I too was glad to see it wasn't "Birkenstocks". The jokes would have been never ending had we seen those!

Isaac-Saxxon 05-06-2007 01:34 AM

Quote:

One of them Border Collies looks like it got shrunk in the dryer Isaac. Why is it so small? Is it a puppy?

She is a pup and a small one at that. Makes you wonder how such a small dog could be so much smarter than your wolf hound :laugh: :laugh: Border Collies brains and beauty all in one ;)

Texasbelle 05-06-2007 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Guess what Rosie, Shadow, and Blitz played with last night?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

AnimeSpirit 05-06-2007 12:32 PM

I once had a dog that played with those all the time. We named him "Stupid." :p

Old Soul 05-06-2007 08:18 PM

I have a little 3 pound yorkie. I love the fact that yorkies don't shed. I also have a fat english bulldog. He pretty much lays around while the yorkie runs all over the house. My English Bulldog always has a look on his face that can make me laugh out loud.

Texasbelle 05-06-2007 08:58 PM

Hey Old Soul, aren't Yorkies just the best? We have three at this house: Chanel 6 lbs, Max 12 lbs, and Christian 4 1/2 lbs. Christian is my little man. We call him the Demonator. He loves to aggravate the snot out of all the other dogs in the house, especially the Rosie the Kuvasz who can put his whole head in her mouth! Chanel is too prissy to play with anybody. Max is just a big (obviously) ole Momma's boy.

Sunday is bath day at our house for the Yorkies. They know it's coming at any minute now and Max has already gone into hiding!

Old Soul 05-06-2007 09:22 PM

Yes, Yorkies are cool but I like my English Bulldog better. He's just cooler, in my book.

Texasbelle 05-06-2007 10:44 PM

ssshhhhh don't let your Yorkie hear you type that!!!

Isaac-Saxxon 05-07-2007 06:57 AM

Quote:

ssshhhhh don't let your Yorkie hear you type that!!!

Those are Paris Hilton dogs :laugh: good for barking and did I say barking :laugh: Did I tell you that I do not have a dog ? I have Border Collies :clap: