Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Salvation Army bell ringer robbed (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3117)

sbl_admin 11-26-2007 10:16 AM

Salvation Army bell ringer robbed

Marshall Police are looking for two men who robbed a Salvation Army bell ringerin front a grocery store a week ago. Anyone with information call Marshall police.

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/ima...af14de8c77.jpg

rhertz 11-26-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTBS
Police say the men pretended they were going to make a donation, then grabbed the kettle and ran.

How low can you go? At first I wondered why someone would have to steal from the Salvation Army when you can just go there and be given what you need. Then it hit me that they don't dole out drug money. But stealing money from the needy to buy drugs is the lowest, assuming that is the case.

Morpheus 11-26-2007 11:44 AM

What did he get away with? Like $6.00 in change?

AnimeSpirit 11-26-2007 01:01 PM

Rotten insects! They should go to prison for a very long time, even if it was like $6.00 in change. That is just low!

rhertz 11-26-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 25356)
What did he get away with? Like $6.00 in change?

Maybe they wanted the kettle... In the 60's, I knew kids who stole stop signs and those round black flaming traffic markers, and later on, those flashing traffic markers... All sorts of crap to decorate their rooms and forts. Maybe they think it is funny to have a Salavation Army kettle in their room...

howela 11-26-2007 05:37 PM

A Bell Ringer once told me although change is usually given, an occasional person will give a dollar, five, ten or more.
I bet that pot was worth more than $6.00. And if we go over to the pothead thread we probably will find that $20 to $50 bucks if enough to get high... for awhile.

vixweb 11-26-2007 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howela (Post 25372)
And if we go over to the pothead thread we probably will find that $20 to $50 bucks if enough to get high... for awhile.

What?? How many pot-heads steal money for drugs?:crazy: You must be confused with crack heads or junkies:laugh::laugh:

Morpheus 11-26-2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit (Post 25359)
Rotten insects! They should go to prison for a very long time, even if it was like $6.00 in change. That is just low!

Actually, time sentenced is a product of the value of the article(s) stolen. Where's Joepole when you need him? I'm sure he can quote the breakpoints. I think anything under $20 is a misdemeanor.

Morpheus 11-26-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 25373)
What?? How many pot-heads steal money for drugs?:crazy: You must be confused with crack heads or junkies:laugh::laugh:

Do crackheads and junkies also smoke pot???

Al Swearengen 11-26-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 25374)
Where's Joepole when you need him? I'm sure he can quote the breakpoints.

To summon Joepole, one need only post a carelessly unresearched, unverified statement. This technique is usually sufficient to entice him from his subterranean lair.

Isaac-Saxxon 11-26-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 25376)
To summon Joepole, one need only post a carelessly unresearched, unverified statement. This technique is usually sufficient to entice him from his subterranean lair.

OK I am laughing out loud here Al :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Morpheus 11-26-2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 25376)

Oh, I thought I had to lock myself in the bathroom, turn out the lights and look into the mirror while saying his name three times.

Al Swearengen 11-26-2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 25388)
Oh, I thought I had to lock myself in the bathroom, turn out the lights and look into the mirror while saying his name three times.

Ok, that way works too...just be sure to draw a pentagram on the floor around you with salt!:eek:

rhertz 11-26-2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howela (Post 25372)
A Bell Ringer once told me although change is usually given, an occasional person will give a dollar, five, ten or more.

I once stuck a twenty in the kettle many years ago. I was feeling good that day....

There was a news story years ago where someone put a Krugerand in the kettle. Or maybe it was more than one......But it hit the news....

Al Swearengen 11-26-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 25395)
There was a news story years ago where someone put a Krugerand in the kettle. Or maybe it was more than one......But it hit the news....

I'm surprised that particular bellringer didn't find a way to surreptitiously fish the Krugerand(s) out of the pot and into his/her pocket...although he or she had probably never seen a Krugerand before that.