Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Historic Photos (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Comments on: fishin on old river (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2453)

sbl_admin 08-22-2007 01:36 PM

Comments on: fishin on old river

Reader comments and feedback for the fishin on old river photo.
This image is part of the Historic Photos photo gallery

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/pho...50e0a02a_l.jpg

Isaac-Saxxon 08-22-2007 01:38 PM

Now this looks real safe :laugh: That looks like a accident waiting to happen. It says old river ? Red River or one of its tributaries ? Great photo. Ladies how would you like to go fishing on a hot day in those dresses :eek:

salguodgrubmab 08-22-2007 02:16 PM

Old River is now known as E.Kings bayou. It was fed by Bayou Pierre. Four people standing in a canoe is completely safe especially when they've consumed mass quantities. Take it from me. "Anybody have some dry socks I can borrow?"

Isaac-Saxxon 08-22-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salguodgrubmab (Post 20004)
Old River is now known as E.Kings bayou. It was fed by Bayou Pierre. Four people standing in a canoe is completely safe especially when they've consumed mass quantities. Take it from me. "Anybody have some dry socks I can borrow?"

That Old River ! Yes I have heard it called that. It is just down the street from my office. I fished it as kid and yes I water skied on it too from 70th to Southfield. Good bass to be caught there. I have some dry socks but I believe I would just wear shirt and shorts only for a quick trip to the bank.

Texasbelle 08-22-2007 05:14 PM

This lady would not fish in the long dress. Swimsuits and shorts yes, not a long hot dress.

Isaac-Saxxon 08-22-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 20013)
This lady would not fish in the long dress. Swimsuits and shorts yes, not a long hot dress.

I think you white girl would not touch a worm mush less a fish. :laugh:

Texasbelle 08-22-2007 06:18 PM

This girl is not afraid. I bait my own hooks and deal with my own fish. Country girl, yes I am.

Pocahontas 08-22-2007 08:08 PM

I can put crickets and worms on a hook BUT if Mr. Pokie is going to offer to do it for me I'm gonna let him. I'm not a country girl, but do make periodic attempts at pretending to be!:)

piemaker720 08-22-2007 09:43 PM

Come on now, a little worm mush ain't gonna hurt no one. I use to go to the cow processing plant where we would get the blood after one of the cows were slaughtered. We would mix gelatin with it, let it set then cut it in squares to bait hooks with. Was durn good catfish bait. That is old school fishing.:D

Texasbelle 08-22-2007 09:49 PM

Pie, I hate to say it but that's just plain nasty!!!! This country girl could not and would not go that far with the fishing!

piemaker720 08-22-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 20047)
Pie, I hate to say it but that's just plain nasty!!!! This country girl could not and would not go that far with the fishing!

Now Belle it really is good catfishing bait. I have also used chicken guts after one was killed and cleaned. Or how about phoning a fish.:D

rhertz 08-22-2007 10:31 PM

I bet the men were along to bait the hooks and take the fish off.... You see, I've been fishing before with Ms Hertz! :laugh:

Isaac-Saxxon 08-23-2007 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720 (Post 20053)
Now Belle it really is good cat fishing bait. I have also used chicken guts after one was killed and cleaned. Or how about phoning a fish.:D

Pie they will put under the jail for phoning a fish :nono::nono:

LateNight 08-23-2007 08:12 AM

phoning a fish.. I had to look that one up...

What do you get when you cross the Alps with elephants? Your ass kicked when you get to Rome. But that's another joke entirely.

piemaker720 08-23-2007 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 20062)
Pie they will put under the jail for phoning a fish :nono::nono:

So true Isaac, now days they would but years agoooo! People don't use the blood no more either but we did. We also did not have anyone to bait our hooks, my dad always said if you fish you will learn to bait your own hook. We use to get in a boat when we were 7 and 8 years old paddle out and fish by ourselves. If we got too far out, dad would come in the other boat and pull us back, there were 4 of us girls and I'm the oldest.