Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Are there any "Deadliest Catch" fans out there? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1227)

rhertz 04-24-2007 08:17 PM

Are there any "Deadliest Catch" fans out there?

Tonight is "Deadliest Catch" night on the Discovery channel. It's time to drop a few pots! :D

rhertz 04-24-2007 10:07 PM

I say..... Are there any deadlist catch fans out there?

(Yes Santabot, you are not the only one on this board who knows how to troll.....)

LateNight 04-25-2007 12:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Chirp chirp.. kind of quite around here tonight ? :)

purpahurl 04-25-2007 08:34 AM

Crab Fishing

Yes, that and Dirtiest Jobs are the best shows on.

Bubba McMillian 04-25-2007 08:39 AM

"Deadliest Catch"

Great Show - I record the whole season and watch when I can. These people are the hardest working people I have ever seen but they all seem to be well compensated.
It is not something I would do but I sure enjoy watching the series.

rhertz 04-25-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
Chirp chirp.. kind of quite around here tonight ? :)

Yeah well my question was not about politics or religion or flaming a fellow member, so I didn't expect this thread to break any records..

But I do loves me some Deadliest Catch, the best show on TV! :D Last night a fisherman fell into the sea without a dry suit. He was recued in a few short minutes by another boat "Time Bandit" who was watching the whole thing at a close distance. That fisherman is lucky the Time Bandit was there on the ball, and lucky to be alive.

purpahurl 04-25-2007 02:40 PM

Crab Fishing

I think Blake P., the new captain is a cocky little SOB. I hope somebody puts a pipe around one of his lines. Let hime try to get that off. They'll laugh about it later.

rhertz 04-25-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl
I think Blake P., the new captain is a cocky little SOB. I hope somebody puts a pipe around one of his lines. Let hime try to get that off. They'll laugh about it later.

I agree 100%. In fact, the pipe trick was exactly what I was thinking Phil should have pulled on Blake to see if he could handle it. Anyone can break a weld with a torch and a sledge hammer, but how about something you really have to think to figure out.

BTW, I miss Eric and the Rollo. He was much cooler than this new Captain (Greg?) on the Farwest Leader who seems like a smartguy to me.

Pocahontas 04-25-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Yes, that and Dirtiest Jobs are the best shows on.

Now I wonder why you would enjoy a show about dirty jobs? Hmmm.....:laugh:

purpahurl 04-25-2007 03:29 PM

Dirty Jobs

What makes you think I have a dirty job? Actually we are thinking about trying to get Mike Rowe to come check out our "dirty Job".

rhertz 04-25-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

What makes you think I have a dirty job? Actually we are thinking about trying to get Mike Rowe to come check out our "dirty Job".

BTW, Mike Rowe, star of Dirtiest Jobs is also the narrator (voice) on Deadliest Catch. I like Mike.

Santabot 04-25-2007 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
I say..... Are there any deadlist catch fans out there?

(Yes Santabot, you are not the only one on this board who knows how to troll.....)

It's funny, because right now is the first time I've ever viewed this post, and I've seen it multiple times without even clicking.. yet you point me out and make claims that have no foundation. When do I troll these forums? If you'd like me to, I can get a lot more un-serious about it here, and really piss some people off :)

EDIT: and on-topic, I haven't seen the show yet, been listening to more music than watching tv lately.

rhertz 05-01-2007 06:32 PM

It's Deadliest Catch Night! Whooo Hoooo Time to pull some pots! :D :D

purpahurl 05-01-2007 07:07 PM

Phil

I love that Phil had to get his blood pressure checked after trying to get new prop. I think he's my favorite, but Sig is right there with him.

rhertz 05-01-2007 08:09 PM

I like em all! Man, falling in the Bering Sea. Can you imagine? If I was out there, I'd want Jonathan covering my back!