Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Culture & Community (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Here's one for you Pokie--The flight from hell (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2287)

piemaker720 07-31-2007 02:52 PM

Here's one for you Pokie--The flight from hell
 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20053546/

Quote:

Trips from hell everyone has a horror story about a bad flight on an airplane. I've been a flight attendant for 18 years and I've had some really bad flights, believe me everything from truly terrifying weather to sickness and deaths on board. But one flight stands out in my memory for sheer misery. Here it is:
I really feel sorry for this guy and I've only flew twice in my life. The second time was not a good one.:laugh: :laugh:

Pocahontas 07-31-2007 04:08 PM

Oh my my Pie! That is about the worst waiting around story I've heard!
My worst and last flight consisted of returning from Atlanta to Shreveport in horrendous and frightening thunderstorms. The lights in the plane were flickering on and off. It sounded like lightening was hitting the plane. The plane was bouncing up and down we had to wear our seatbelts and hold onto the handles. Mr. Pokie who is usually unfazed was swearing outloud and white knuckling too. When we landed I knew it was the end of flying for me for a while and it has been for 20 years!:eek:

Isaac-Saxxon 07-31-2007 04:13 PM

One little old white knuckle flight should not scare you Pokie. The odds are much better that you would be killed in a car than in a plane. There is many places that are great vacations that you will never see unless you fly or like boats. You know LN likes trains :D

piemaker720 08-01-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Oh my my Pie! That is about the worst waiting around story I've heard!
My worst and last flight consisted of returning from Atlanta to Shreveport in horrendous and frightening thunderstorms. The lights in the plane were flickering on and off. It sounded like lightening was hitting the plane. The plane was bouncing up and down we had to wear our seatbelts and hold onto the handles. Mr. Pokie who is usually unfazed was swearing outloud and white knuckling too. When we landed I knew it was the end of flying for me for a while and it has been for 20 years!:eek:

Yes that was a bad waiting around story but what about what those poor airline stewardess. They went through a lot that they had no control over. I believe after that I too would have changed jobs. People can be cruel.:D

joepole 08-01-2007 10:51 AM

I was once on a flight from Monroe to Shreveport and weather forced us to land in Minden. I didn't even know Minden had an airport.

AnimeSpirit 08-01-2007 10:51 AM

If I had been one of those attendants, that pompous gate agent and I would have scrapped. He would not have lived long enough to get fired.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-24-2007 08:04 AM

Hey Pokie you will love this clip :D

piemaker720 10-24-2007 07:53 PM

I know Pokie will like these.
take off the thrill of it.



the landing, the hook will catch the wire. I hope!:laugh::laugh:


Pocahontas 10-24-2007 10:23 PM

Thanks for the encouragement Isaac! :nono:


Pie yours were actually pretty cool to watch, just glad I'm not on board!:)

AnimeSpirit 10-24-2007 10:52 PM

Fly with Delta! :D

Don't
Even
Let
Them
Aboard

:laugh:

Morpheus 10-24-2007 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 23321)
Hey Pokie you will love this clip :D

hahaha Twilight Zone-a Classic!

piemaker720 10-24-2007 11:18 PM

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! My head hurt just watching.:laugh::laugh::laugh


rhertz 10-24-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 18698)
When we landed I knew it was the end of flying for me for a while and it has been for 20 years!:eek:

Imagine some people would love to ride the "vomit comet" and feel weightlessness or even pay millions for a ride to the space station. I guess one man's pleasure is another man's nightmare. As I get older, the more I enjoy the comforts of home and the less adventureous I become.

Morpheus 10-25-2007 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 23391)
Imagine some people would love to ride the "vomit comet" and feel weightlessness or even pay millions for a ride to the space station. I guess one man's pleasure is another man's nightmare. As I get older, the more I enjoy the comforts of home and the less adventureous I become.

sign me up for space flight. when it doesn't cost a million $$$ that is. I always wanted to be an astronaut.

rhertz 10-25-2007 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 23465)
sign me up for space flight. when it doesn't cost a million $$$ that is. I always wanted to be an astronaut.

hey there you go. I'd fly into space if I had the chance. but I'm a couple of Ph.D's short...... :o The current space shuttle is being commanded by women who are so qualified, that I'm embarrassed how unqualified I am by comparison... God's Speed STS-120!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com