Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Historic Photos (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Comments on: shreve square 1975 (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1993)

sbl_admin 07-05-2007 11:50 AM

Comments on: shreve square 1975

Reader comments and feedback for the shreve square 1975 photo.
This image is part of the Historic Photos photo gallery

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/pho...be33d9da_l.jpg

I spent my formative years right there at humphrees

LateNight 07-05-2007 11:53 AM

I sure did miss humphrees.. watchin' Shreveport's own AAAAAA-Train.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-05-2007 12:13 PM

Shreve Square has been many things over the years. It will always be a high school memories for me. I seen some major fights break out down there. I think it was the Circle in the Square ? LN could you break it down as to what was there in 1978 ?

Pocahontas 07-05-2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Shreve Square has been many things over the years. It will always be a high school memories for me. I seen some major fights break out down there. I think it was the Circle in the Square ? LN could you break it down as to what was there in 1978 ?

IS...have you been in Hicksville lately? Check your grammar please!!:arrow:

But seriously we always came over for the big LA Tech State Fair football games and they always had a huge pep rally in the Square where everyone got prepped/wasted for the big game! College days.... weren't they fun?:clap:

Isaac-Saxxon 07-05-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
IS...have you been in Hicksville lately? Check your grammar please!!:arrow:

But seriously we always came over for the big LA Tech State Fair football games and they always had a huge pep rally in the Square where everyone got prepped/wasted for the big game! College days.... weren't they fun?:clap:

Hello grammar police :rolleyes: I would like you to try to hold that bar up along with joepole :laugh: :laugh: You did not know the name of any of the party spots in the square Pok-ie :rolleyes: Good shot :arrow: Squaw do the tomahawk cop on Isaac :rotflol:

rhertz 07-05-2007 05:44 PM

Thinking hard with my remaining brain cells..............

Sports Page
Humphree's
Steam Boat Annies
Circle in the Square

And around the Corner....

Fun Shop
Hole in the Wall
Danby's

LateNight 07-05-2007 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
Thinking hard with my remaining brain cells..............

Sports Page
Humphree's
Steam Boat Annies
Circle in the Square

And around the Corner....

Fun Shop
Hole in the Wall
Danby's

I got thrown out of Sports Page once.. me and some friends and my wife to be were there one night. Some dude was trying to start a fight with a friend of mine, so my wife slugged the guy right in the mouth.. they promptly threw us out :D

I spent most of my time at Humphrees though.. my place of choice.. then when A-Train broke up and the Flett's started up Bluebirds, I spent many a night at Enoch's a Cafe...

Speaking of Atrain and humphrees.......

Isaac-Saxxon 07-05-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
I got thrown out of Sports Page once.. me and some friends and my wife to be were there one night. Some dude was trying to start a fight with a friend of mine, so my wife slugged the guy right in the mouth.. they promptly threw us out :D

I spent most of my time at Humphrees though.. my place of choice.. then when A-Train broke up and the Flett's started up Bluebirds, I spent many a night at Enoch's a Cafe...

Speaking of Atrain and humphrees.......

Sports Page was the one I was thinking about. Dart boards and lots of beer. I too liked Humphrees best had the best choice of menu. It was a time and a time it was :clap: :clap:

rhertz 07-05-2007 07:23 PM

I was thinking of "Hole in the Wall" which was an arcade place with Atari racing. It was a free standing game and there were 8 places and we would race each other for a quarter each. LOL, I bet 2 bux a game was good revenue back then for the owner.

It wasn't in the square, but I spend many and hour at "Guys and Dolls" as a teen playing pinball and Atari games. I once heard they ran some sort of mafia business out of that location in the back. Hmmm, with Edwards as gov-na? and D'Artois here locally? Hard to believe...