Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ark-la-tex Coral Reef Aquariums (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   fish trouble (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3273)

Morpheus 12-17-2007 05:45 PM

fish trouble

I have two true clownfish and a cinnamon clown. They were all put in around the same time, and have coexisted peacefully for months. All of a sudden one of the true clowns has started attacking the cinnamon. The cinnamon looks bad. His face is very pale. He can't get out from cover at all without being dogged by the true clown. I can't get a net on either of them. Any advice?

Coralman 12-17-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 26664)
I have two true clownfish and a cinnamon clown. They were all put in around the same time, and have coexisted peacefully for months. All of a sudden one of the true clowns has started attacking the cinnamon. The cinnamon looks bad. His face is very pale. He can't get out from cover at all without being dogged by the true clown. I can't get a net on either of them. Any advice?

Either catch the cinnamon or let him go the way of the tank. Mixing clowns is not a good idea. Wait until night and go in with a flashlight and a net and see if you can catch the loser. Keep the light in their eyes like a deer in the head lights. Good luck you will need it.

j.nc 12-17-2007 11:34 PM

do you hear a little gong every 3 minutes?

http://images.villagevoice.com/issues/0031/taubin.jpg

purpahurl 12-18-2007 11:58 AM

Get a 9 volt battery and attach it to a stick and run a wire down the stick and make a loop, then attach it to the battery and shock that crazy fish outta there.

This is how I fish on the river but with a bigger battery:D:D

Texasbelle 12-18-2007 08:15 PM

Can we have an update please?????

Isaac-Saxxon 12-18-2007 08:35 PM

The strong shall inherit the tank :eek:

Morpheus 12-18-2007 09:19 PM

I decided to let the cinnamon go "the way of the tank". I haven't seen him at all today. I just don't know what happened to precipitate this behavior change. Those guys have been like the three musketeers for months!

rhertz 12-18-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 26721)
Those guys have been like the three musketeers for months!

LOL, maybe clownfish from Aquarium Concepts have some African Cichlid blood in em... Who knows what goes on in that store at night! In any case, you better find that sucker or else he will jack up your nitrates.... I used to use about 3 bamboo skewers taped together has a harpoon to remove stuff like dead fish.

As a side note, I always wanted to make a rubber band powered mini-spear gun for removing fish that have lost my affection. but I never perfected the concept....

j.nc 12-18-2007 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 26721)
I decided to let the cinnamon go "the way of the tank". I haven't seen him at all today. I just don't know what happened to precipitate this behavior change. Those guys have been like the three musketeers for months!

My take is cinny owed book to the clownfish family. cinnamon is now "sleeping with the fishes."

:D haha - sometimes i krill myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 26723)
As a side note, I always wanted to make a rubber band powered mini-spear gun for removing fish that have lost my affection. but I never perfected the concept....

What a mental picture that conjures up. Patent the idea and get it on the shelves man. I see your mini spear-gun aquarium model and also a tiny terrarium crossbow model to dispatch errant hamsters or thin overcrowded mice families.

rhertz 12-18-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.nc (Post 26725)
What a mental picture that conjures up. Patent the idea and get it on the shelves man. I see your mini spear-gun aquarium model and also a tiny terrarium crossbow model to dispatch errant hamsters or thin overcrowded mice families.

LOL, what can I say. Sometimes the needs of the many outway the needs of the one. And on occation, that one must go...

I forgot to mention the good part. My idea was to take a small fishing hook and straighten it out flat so that it is needle shaped with a barb on the end. tape that to the tip of the spear. Even if I do not get a "good kill", then I could just reel him in! :eek:

j.nc 12-18-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 26727)
I forgot to mention the good part. My idea was to take a small fishing hook and straighten it out flat so that it is needle shaped with a barb on the end. tape that to the tip of the spear. Even if I do not get a "good kill", then I could just reel him in! :eek:

Oh, believe me, couldn't picture it any other way - all the way to the reeling the little fellahs' in bit... but must say the reuse of the hook is novel and innovative and could save on production costs.

Morpheus 12-19-2007 08:14 AM

The cinnamon is still hanging on. He has become a nocturnal subterranean cave fish. I saw him last night hanging out inside the big leather. I'm hoping the whole thing will blow over, but if not I'll be off to Wal Mart for some bamboo skewers, rubber bands and fish hooks. Hey Rhertz, you DON'T have a patent on that idea do you?

purpahurl 12-19-2007 09:07 AM

Hey Morph. I think you need more cowbell!!:laugh::laugh:

rhertz 12-19-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 26734)
Hey Rhertz, you DON'T have a patent on that idea do you?

Nope, I'm pretty sure the idea needs further research and development. The problem as I see it is aiming. Light is defracted when it hits the surface of the water so you almost need a "glass bottom scope" of some fashion for aiming purposes. Maybe you can help me with the R&D and I'll share the patent with you guys.... :D

Pocahontas 12-19-2007 02:35 PM

You go Morpheus we need MORE cow bell! Love it!:laugh::laugh: