Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   LSU vs Ohio State in New Orleans BCS title game (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3372)

sbl_admin 01-06-2008 10:14 PM

LSU vs Ohio State in New Orleans BCS title game

LSU is the favored team in Monday night’s matchup.

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/ima...1a73a696c5.jpg

Pocahontas 01-07-2008 06:26 PM

Okay it's less than an hour to kick off...anybody hyperventilating yet!?:laugh:;)
When I was out and about today you'd think it was already Mardi Gras! Purple and gold flags and attire were everywhere!

rhertz 01-07-2008 07:22 PM

Goooooooooooooooooo Tiiiiiiigeeerrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssss!!!!

Isaac-Saxxon 01-07-2008 07:56 PM

How bout those tigers :confused:

j.nc 01-07-2008 08:03 PM

End of 1st qtr. :pray:

rhertz 01-07-2008 08:30 PM

so far so good....

piemaker720 01-08-2008 05:58 AM

Now that was a butt kicking Ohio won't soon forget. Great work Tigers.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

LateNight 01-08-2008 08:38 AM

that was impressive.. I got a little worried there in the beginning. After Ohio's quick score in the first quarter.

and then with LSU only up by 2 TDs there later in the game.. I said to myself, this better not go into any over time.. or it's ALL OVER (given LSU's recent performance in overtime)

Fortunately for the Tigers, their offense started clicking. On a team full of flash, it was the reliable ol' Hester who settled down LSU.

Isaac-Saxxon 01-09-2008 08:43 AM

I talk to someone in my office yesterday and they told me USC is ranked number one in all the polls :laugh:

Texasbelle 01-09-2008 08:58 AM

Well, well, well....what can I say???????

Our family was at this game and let me just say:

1. Cost of Game Shirt: $169.00
2. Cost of Four Tickets to the game: $5500.00
3. Watching Ohio State fans walk silently out of the dome: PRICELESS!!!!!

These fans were all over New Orleans all weekend long, wearing their Red shirts, and screaming O-HI-O over and over. It was obnoxious. They did not seem to understand the LSU fans were not going to be showing up until Monday. THEY did UNDERSTAND come Monday morning though when the city began turning purple. They definitely understood once they walked inside the Dome. It was a sea of purple and LOUD with Cajuns.

Ohio State definitely tries to initimidate with their pregame activities but it was almost amusing to watch. The LSU fans were not intimidated.

Now, let me explain our seats were in the middle of the Ohio State section. There were a few LSU fans sprinkled around us which made for some comfort. Chris Carter, NFL Hall of Fame star, was seated next to me which was quite fun. I had no clue who he was while were just talking away during the game. Once he left his seat for a few minutes all the Ohio fans around me quickly began, "Do you know who is talking to you?". To me he was just a nice guy. To them, he was a rock star.

All in all the Ohio fans immediately around us were very nice. There was one absolutely rude and obnoxious fan seated next to my husband. He would turn (only while they were briefly ahead!) to him and scream in his ear, "Your team is going to F******* lose!" It was his favorite statement. He completely believed that LSU was cheating. Then he made the fatal mistake of grabbing our daughter and screamed at her "You are sitting in the wrong f******* section". Daddy Belle sprang to life, grabbed the man, and explained not so nicely to NOT EVER grab her again. The Ohio fans seated around also had to take their own fan in hand and tell him to cease or leave. The best thing was when he tucked his tail and left in the fourth quarter!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was so very sweet to watch the victory, trophy presentation, and thousands of LSU fans in the streets of New Orleans celebrating the victory. I hope you all enjoyed watching it as much as we enjoyed the game!!!!

LateNight 01-09-2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 27375)
I talk to someone in my office yesterday and they told me USC is ranked number one in all the polls :laugh:

LOL

I see the AP poll has LSU #1 and USC #3

i think the 'coaches' poll has LSU #1 as well.. couldn't find it though.

Isaac-Saxxon 01-09-2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight (Post 27379)
LOL

I see the AP poll has LSU #1 and USC #3

i think the 'coaches' poll has LSU #1 as well.. couldn't find it though.

Good job LN :laugh: This is a joke each year to pick at the fun loving LSU fans and it works most of the time.

Tbelle the drama queen :D

Texasbelle 01-09-2008 09:42 AM

Isaac, didn't you bet AGAINST the Tigers and Lose your bet??????????

I can't wait until you have to pay up!!!!!!!

purpahurl 01-09-2008 09:54 AM

Lsu Pics

4 Attachment(s)
Just a few game pics.

joepole 01-09-2008 09:54 AM

You should always bet against LSU so you're happy no matter the outcome of the game.

I was at the game and there were TONS more OSU folks than I expected. They really traveled well and it wasn't a lopsided crown by any measure. They did get quiet for the second half, though.

The downside is all the LSU fans stuck around for the trophy so all the OSU people got all the restaurant seats around town.