Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Locals' thoughts are shifting on Iraq war (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1538)

sbl_admin 05-21-2007 02:46 PM

Locals' thoughts are shifting on Iraq war

According to The Times, the thoughts of locals on whether and how long Americans should shed their blood for others are shifting

Isaac-Saxxon 05-21-2007 03:27 PM

This has the smell of Allan English :eek: He would like to make the shift in to a much larger movement. Mr. English is very much a bleeding heart liberal and his agenda is to tear down middle America and give it to the dead beats. The Shreveport Times could help the planet by not wasting paper with the lies that it loves to spread. Yellow journalism :nono: :nono:
Benedict English :eek:

BrainSmashR 05-21-2007 03:56 PM

Sheesh....

Do you guys REALLY read the crap published by Gannett?

Pocahontas 05-21-2007 04:12 PM

I do still read The Times. It is unfortunately too liberal for my liking. I do, however, enjoy reading the local stories, local entertainment, weddings and I do scan the obituaries. I know I could read it online, but there's just something in part of my daily routine that I find relaxing in sitting down and reading the paper.

rhertz 05-21-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Sheesh....
Do you guys REALLY read the crap published by Gannett?

I don't read every page. But there is some good info. (but the editorial isn't part of it IMHO)

AnimeSpirit 05-21-2007 05:04 PM

I don't really read papers or magazines at all. I get more than enough news fix from right here.

rhertz 05-21-2007 07:42 PM

My thoughts on the Iraq war have shifted. I now think the overall plan is simple yet genius! Have you ever seen a movie with the drill sargent applies pressure to the offender by using fellow soldiers to do the dirty work. By punishing everyone for the one guy's offense, the entire troop will insure that it never happens again. Very effective peer pressure that is.

So it is with countries. We need all countries to insure that 9-11 doesn't happen again. So the message is this. You better not only keep you act clean, but you better watch out for the other fools out there too. Because one fool can screw it up for everyone. Who knows, we might go off on the wrong country! yeah it could happen. and next time it might be you! So lets all just be cool and everything will be fine. Otherwise we got that crazy eye and who knows what might happen? If you are crazy enough, nobody wants to mess with you right?

Could that be the tactic? :D

Isaac-Saxxon 05-22-2007 05:33 AM

Carry a very big stick it seems to be the only thing these rag heads understand. Let them have their virgins just not in this life :laugh: :laugh: