Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   First cars (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2167)

piemaker720 07-21-2007 10:03 PM

First cars

2 Attachment(s)
Okay let's see what your first car looked like, or what you drve now.:laugh:
Attachment 1142 Attachment 1143

This is what my first car looked like except it was brown. That was one tough car.

Texasbelle 07-21-2007 10:27 PM

Fun thread!

2 Attachment(s)
First car (thanks Dad!!)
Attachment 1144

Now car (thanks Mr. Belle :flirt: )
Attachment 1145

joepole 07-21-2007 11:15 PM

In my gallery:

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/vie...76&k2=1&gid2=0

It was either an 87 or an 89 (I think 89) Ford Ranger 4x4 with a 2.8L V6 and a 5 speed. I got it in March of 1993, at the end of my Junior year at Byrd. I kept it until the end of my first semester at LSU, when I bought my second car (and my first new car) a 1995 Acura Integra:

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/vie...76&k2=2&gid2=0

1.7L 4 cylinder (180hp) and a 5-speed but it weighed nothing. That was the car that I once got up to 140 on the bridge between Lafayette and Baton Rouge. That's the fastest I've ever gone on land.

Pocahontas 07-22-2007 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is as close as I could find to my first!
The lovely Ford Galaxy 500! It was even ugly then, but I didn't care I had my freedom!:yes:

Attachment 1147

rhertz 07-22-2007 01:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My first vehicle was a mail cart I bought in a postal auction

Attachment 1148

Isaac-Saxxon 07-22-2007 07:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
First car was a truck. I was at LA Tech and working on a dairy to help pay my books and tuition for school. Did some hunting, fishing and rides to Wilmart on the Chatam Highway. We would pick up frozen drinks and head to horsefly lake and name we made up for the amount them around that lake way back in the woods you see. ;) I can tell NO more as to what might have happened then :laugh:
Attachment 1149
Now days I have a truck and yes red has been my choice of color from get to go. I will always have a truck. It would be nice to have a car but the wife has that covered so I have CHOICE in my life :pray:
Attachment 1150
That boat is a fine tuned fishing machine. Please see LA Outdoors group ;)

LateNight 07-22-2007 08:09 AM

Well let's see..
The year was oh.. 1984, I suppose after having experienced my brothers wrecking a few of the family cars, dear ol' dad wouldn't let me drive the family cars :) So I saved up my pennies and bought a motorcycle.. dear ol' dad just LOVED THAT :eek:

http://www.caseyjones.net/imagelinks/motorcycle.jpg

a few years later, 1987, saved up my pennies and bought a brand new/used 1976 Malibu Classic. I just loved this car, the stereo I put in this car cost as much as the car did :)
here's a pic taken from my 1st apartment balcony..

http://www.caseyjones.net/imagelinks/malibu.jpg

Here's a lousy a pic.. but this was a fun car.. this was a 1976 Pontiac Catalina.. a big ol' gas guzzling engine in this one.. Inherited this from my dad, who inherited it from his sister... the year was around 1994, and this '76 catalina had only 40,000 miles on it.

http://www.caseyjones.net/imagelinks/catalina.jpg

and my current pride and joy.. a real workhorse.. my brand new used Dodge Ram 1500

http://www.caseyjones.net/imagelinks/dodge.jpg

Texasbelle 07-22-2007 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pokie, I think you should have went with this as your first car. It probably would have been a little shorter!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Attachment 1152

Pocahontas 07-22-2007 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Isn't that the truth!? I am much improved now! Nissan Pathfinder....a much better way for an Indian girl to find a trail! :laugh:

Attachment 1154

Isaac-Saxxon 07-22-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
Well let's see..
The year was oh.. 1984, I suppose after having experienced my brothers wrecking a few of the family cars, dear ol' dad wouldn't let me drive the family cars :) So I saved up my pennies and bought a motorcycle.. dear ol' dad just LOVED THAT :eek:

http://www.caseyjones.net/imagelinks/motorcycle.jpg

a few years later, 1987, saved up my pennies and bought a brand new/used 1976 Malibu Classic. I just loved this car, the stereo I put in this car cost as much as the car did :)
here's a pic taken from my 1st apartment balcony..

http://www.caseyjones.net/imagelinks/malibu.jpg

Here's a lousy a pic.. but this was a fun car.. this was a 1976 Pontiac Catalina.. a big ol' gas guzzling engine in this one.. Inherited this from my dad, who inherited it from his sister... the year was around 1994, and this '76 catalina had only 40,000 miles on it.

http://www.caseyjones.net/imagelinks/catalina.jpg

and my current pride and joy.. a real workhorse.. my brand new used Dodge Ram 1500

It took some years but welcome to the full size pickup truck ! You must not be metro LN :laugh: Now you have a horse that will work and play.

vixweb 07-22-2007 12:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I was allowed to drive my moms car, but in October of '88 I bought my first car: 1980 Mazda RX7. I loved this car and kept it 14 years untill a tree fell on it:( (notice the speakers behind the seat!) I now drive a 1973 VW that I am currently restoring, nothing left but body/paint! And my next car will be the new CAMARO!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-22-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb
I was allowed to drive my moms car, but in October of '88 I bought my first car: 1980 Mazda RX7. I loved this car and kept it 14 years untill a tree fell on it:( (notice the speakers behind the seat!) I now drive a 1973 VW that I am currently restoring, nothing left but body/paint! And my next car will be the new CAMARO!

That is a classic you have there vixweb. Will you keep it the original color ? My wife had a RX-7 and that thing would haul ass. She took out a mailbox with it and I am glad that is not what she drives now ;)

vixweb 07-22-2007 12:42 PM

I'm gonna paint the Bug a darker blue-baby blue just isn't me! I've replaced the old VW seats with some nice buckets out of an'05 Acura-a much nicer ride.Yes,the Rx7 was pretty fast after a few MODS,;) And I think your wifes current Ride will protect her a little better from that mail box!:)

LateNight 07-22-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
It took some years but welcome to the full size pickup truck ! You must not be metro LN :laugh: Now you have a horse that will work and play.

LOL, I'm sure I've never been accused of being "metro" :cool:

Funny thing about that truck.. I swore for years, I'd never be caught dead in a pickup truck.. probably had something to do with all those "country boys" I went to highschool with in south bossier.. wasn't my "crowd" :)

But over the years.. between my hobby of wood working and other such things.. I was always needing a truck to go to home depot with, cartin' junk to the dump etc..

Finally decided to start looking for a used truck, found this one.. lots of miles on it, but in great condition. It gets a work out.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-22-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

LOL, I'm sure I've never been accused of being "metro" :cool:

Funny thing about that truck.. I swore for years, I'd never be caught dead in a pickup truck.. probably had something to do with all those "country boys" I went to highschool with in south bossier.. wasn't my "crowd" :)

But over the years.. between my hobby of wood working and other such things.. I was always needing a truck to go to home depot with, cartin' junk to the dump etc..

Finally decided to start looking for a used truck, found this one.. lots of miles on it, but in great condition. It gets a work out.

You may become a good old boy yet :laugh: I live in south Bossier :D I spent all my early years in Shreveport. Capt. Shreve area. Your truck looks brand new. You would be amazed at how good it would look with a dead deer hanging out of the back :peace: make that two deer, one for you and one for me ;)

Pocahontas 07-22-2007 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was my graduation gift from high school. Mine was green though with the same color roof as this one! What's funny is that those were my high school's colors too. You think I'd have been sick of seeing them together, but oh no!

Attachment 1162

The Ford Thunderbird

SDBK 07-22-2007 02:56 PM

My first car was a purple, yes purple, lol, 2 door cavalier when I was 15. I loved that car then. I thought I was so cool. lol
Now I have a lil 2 seat convertible Mercedes! Love it!
But shopping for SUV, leaning towards Escalade....due to our baby-on-the-way!!!! :) :) :) YEA :)

Isaac-Saxxon 07-22-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDBK
My first car was a purple, yes purple, lol, 2 door cavalier when I was 15. I loved that car then. I thought I was so cool. lol
But shopping for SUV, leaning towards Escalade....due to our baby-on-the-way!!!! :) :) :) YEA :)

Yes I think the Escalade is a very nice vehicle. Congrats on the bun in the oven. You are one of the youngest ladies on the board. I think most of the others have grown children so they can give you advise on how to wet nurse you new baby when the new soul arrives. Right Ladies :D What color Escalade will you be getting ? There is much more room in a Escalade than a minivan. Post a picture when you get it. Mommy-soon :)

SDBK 07-22-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Yes I think the Escalade is a very nice vehicle. Congrats on the bun in the oven. You are one of the youngest ladies on the board. I think most of the others have grown children so they can give you advise on how to wet nurse you new baby when the new soul arrives. Right Ladies :D What color Escalade will you be getting ? There is much more room in a Escalade than a minivan. Post a picture when you get it. Mommy-soon :)

BLACK! w/lots of chrome! And the big chrome rims :) I'll be pimpin'! LOL, kidding. But do love black and w/that chrome just pops! And ya gotta have the big shinny rims! :)

Pocahontas 07-22-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I know this is such an exciting time for you!!!:D
The Escalade sounds like a winner for you and the new baby!!! When are you due?

Texasbelle 07-22-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Mercedes has an SUV! Have you looked at it? It's not too big either which is nice.

Texasbelle 07-22-2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Wet nurse???????????????????????????? That term is from the dark ages Isaac. None of us are that old and we are still quite hawwttt for our ages!!! But yes we are quite good with the advice. Been there, done that! Three times.

SDBK 07-22-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I know this is such an exciting time for you!!!:D
The Escalades sounds like a winner for you and the new baby!!! When are you due?

Thanks so much! We're so excited :) He/She is due in March :)

rhertz 07-22-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Thanks so much! We're so excited :) He/She is due in March :)

My son was born in March. Spring babies are the prettiest! ;)

SDBK 07-22-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Mercedes has an SUV! Have you looked at it? It's not too big either which is nice.

Yeah, I've looked at Mercedes, BMW, etc.... They just all kind of look alike to me. We really liked the H2 at first because it did stand out so much and is super safe, but after test driving it I totally decided against it. It's very loud and just doesn't feel very "luxury."

howela 07-23-2007 08:14 AM

Deja Vu

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720
Okay let's see what your first car looked like, or what you drve now.:laugh:
Attachment 1142 Attachment 1143

This is what my first car looked like except it was brown. That was one tough car.

Pie, my first (drivable) car was a '64 Chevy Impala. I paid $400 for it and changed the oil every other week....(not by choice)

Texasbelle 07-23-2007 08:16 AM

When I was looking for my car that we just got in March, safety was very important to me since I still have one child I carry around in it. I went through Consumer Reports and read everything they had to say about the vehicles I was interested in and then most importantly I read what the Institute for Highway Safety had to say about the vehicle. They actually do the best testing on the vehicles. After I picked the safest vehicles I liked, then I picked the ones I liked for looks and made my decision after that.

I drove the H2's and found them to be extremely noisy and the Lexus to me handled very poorly. One of the best SUV's we've ever owned in our house is a Dodge Durango. It's not a Luxury vehicle, it can could be dressed out great, but they are the best riding. We own two and they have been awesome vehicles.

My current SUV is also a diesel which is great for gas mileage and although it is diesel it is as quiet as a normal car! Good luck to you!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-23-2007 08:17 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I've looked at Mercedes, BMW, etc.... They just all kind of look alike to me. We really liked the H2 at first because it did stand out so much and is super safe, but after test driving it I totally decided against it. It's very loud and just doesn't feel very "luxury."

I predict a boy born March 20th ;)

Texasbelle 07-23-2007 08:22 AM

Well well well all the pretty girls are born March 20! I do agree with Rhertz that the prettiest babies are born in March. I have done that twice now, but I am putting my money on a little girl!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-23-2007 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Well well well all the pretty girls are born March 20! I do agree with Rhertz that the prettiest babies are born in March. I have done that twice now, but I am putting my money on a little girl!

I will be standing by Tbelle to take your money on this one.
Hadababyitsaboy !

piemaker720 07-23-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howela
Pie, my first (drivable) car was a '64 Chevy Impala. I paid $400 for it and changed the oil every other week....(not by choice)

Howela, I actually had 2- 64' Chevys and both were brown. I had one, then the next time I brought another. They were tough cars, took a licking and kept on going. I was in Mississippi one day in one of my Chevys, I stopped at a red light and a guy rear ended me, his car was damaged ,mine wasn't not even a scratch. Drove down to next light and got rear ended again. No damage to mine, was to other car. And yes neither accident was my fault, first guy was drunk. But those Chevys were built like a tank.

howela 07-23-2007 11:22 AM

64 Chevy Impala

My Impala was brown(tan) also, although it was so sun faded when I owned it, it almost looked pink.
It was a tough one, despite my oil leak. I would drive my little sister to school in it and she would tell my mom she wanted me to take her because of my singing goat!
This concerned mom during the drug crazed 60's until we found out she was talking about the speaker cover in the back seat which had the "Impala" on the crome cover.

piemaker720 07-23-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howela
My Impala was brown(tan) also, although it was so sun faded when I owned it, it almost looked pink.
It was a tough one, despite my oil leak. I would drive my little sister to school in it and she would tell my mom she wanted me to take her because of my singing goat!
This concerned mom during the drug crazed 60's until we found out she was talking about the speaker cover in the back seat which had the "Impala" on the crome cover.

I was following my brother-in-law down the interstate one day in my chevy. My brother-in-law was driving a big rig, he pulled over and ask me if I had the title to my car with me. I said no, why, he said the guy in front of him wanted to buy my car. He was going to sell it going down the road, it wasn't for sale. You'd have to know my brother-in-law and truckers say or do anything.:laugh: :laugh:

LateNight 07-23-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Well DAMN!, I guess I spoke too soon.. although this brand new USED truck has served me reliably the last few years.. Freakin' over heated on me today. initial analysis.. might be the water pump... popped the hood, and there's just coolant all over EVERYTHING.

UGHHHHH. :mad::nono::(

LSU 07-23-2007 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is me and my Delorean, in 2010, now if you'll excuse me i have to get back to 1985.

Attachment 1172

piemaker720 07-23-2007 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what my car looks like now only burgandy.
Attachment 1174