Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Religion & Spirit (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   A Pagan's Theories on Recinarnation (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547)

Tomoshibi 12-22-2006 12:13 AM

A Pagan's Theories on Recinarnation
 
Reincarnation

This is an article I wrote on the theories of Reincarnation. Naturally, there is no way to verify them, but they offer a comforting perspective on the subject of death. There are a number of comparisons to the Christian Ascension Theory and several points that contradict it. However, I mean no disrespect or offense to the Christian path.

Quote:

What happens when we die? This is a question that has haunted our race since the dawn of man's existence. The mystery of death is often feared and most people go to extreme limits to avoid it. Survival is at the base of our very primal instincts. Those who choose to face it in service of others are called heroes. However, we still do not know what happens after death. Every major religion has its own accepted theory of what occurs after death, but the two most widely accepted theories are reincarnation and ascension.
Ascension is primarily the Christian theory that discusses the soul's ascension to another plane of existence (Heaven or Hell) following death, depending on how you lived your life. Reincarnation involves an eternal cycle of death and rebirth for each soul. Reincarnation will be explained here. Reading this with an open mind, you will come to realize how natural reincarnation is and how it aligns with other natural cycles in our world.... Click the link for the whole article.
Reincarnation

Read and comment, but do NOT flame.

Snow Man 12-22-2006 11:32 AM

Read and comment, but do NOT flame.
 
I would never flame ! Did I miss something here. Was there more copy that is missing from this post. That was a very general statement. Could you give more detail ?
Snow Man :cool:

Tomoshibi 12-22-2006 12:36 PM

Yes, there is more. I only posted the opening here because I wanted to keep the post fairly short. The whole article is on the link above it.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-22-2006 12:54 PM

Yes I read it
 
Do not agree. Keep those post short and to the point :rolleyes:
Isaac

Isaac-Saxxon 11-28-2007 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomoshibi (Post 2477)
Yes, there is more. I only posted the opening here because I wanted to keep the post fairly short. The whole article is on the link above it.

I just watched part of a show on National Geo and they where showing Pagans practicing "Sky Clad" My question to Tomoshibi is do you practice sky clad ?? :confused::confused:


:peace::peace::peace::peace:

Attachment 1894

zuibun mae no koto ni naru kedo ano toki no yakusoku wo oboete iru kai?

yuuhi ga shizumu magiwa no kyou****su de iron na koto wo katariatta darou?
ore ga baka datta no ka? anna yumemonogatari wo unomi ni ****e made
dakedo ima no sono omae no kawari you wa nan da?

michibata ni saku yowayowashii hana wo fumitsubu****e mitari...
iya da to wakatteru no ni heiki de tsumi wo nasuritsukete mitari...
sore ga otona ni naru tte iu koto naraba ore wa kyohi suru...
sore ga otona ni naru tte iu koto naraba...

mou iwanai ano yakusoku wo chikatta toki no omae wa koko ni inain darou?
itsumademo isshoni waraeru nante honki de shinjiteta ore wo kono mama houtte oite

dakara ore wa wasureru koto ni ****an da...

michibata ni saku yowayowashii hana wo fumitsubu****e mitari...
iya da to wakatteru no ni heiki de tsumi wo nasuritsukete mitari...
sore ga otona ni naru tte iu koto naraba ore wa kyohi suru...
sore ga otona ni naru tte iu koto naraba...

kono rousoku no you na tomoshibi ga kiete shimatta to ****e mo...

ano kako wa kie wa shinai.

Al Swearengen 11-28-2007 09:03 PM

A fascinatin and well written article, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you, Tomoshibi.

Tomoshibi 11-28-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 25570)
I just watched part of a show on National Geo and they where showing Pagans practicing "Sky Clad" My question to Tomoshibi is do you practice sky clad ?? :confused::confused:

No, I don't do sky clad myself. I prefer wearing ritual regalia such as cloaks, medalions, and such.

vixweb 11-28-2007 09:31 PM

Yeah.....good luck with that.

joepole 11-28-2007 11:12 PM

I get all of my religious history/theory from Cracked Magazine.

AnimeSpirit 11-28-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 25584)
I get all of my religious history/theory from Cracked Magazine.


That makes sense. :p

Isaac-Saxxon 11-29-2007 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 25584)
I get all of my religious history/theory from Cracked Magazine.

You just love that crack no matter what kind of crack it is ! Self reliance is just perfect for you jp. I bet you are a sky clad kind of guy.

Isaac-Saxxon 11-29-2007 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomoshibi (Post 2459)
Reincarnation

This is an article I wrote on the theories of Reincarnation. Naturally, there is no way to verify them, but they offer a comforting perspective on the subject of death. There are a number of comparisons to the Christian Ascension Theory and several points that contradict it. However, I mean no disrespect or offense to the Christian path.



Reincarnation

Read and comment, but do NOT flame.

Hey Sir Tom,
I would like to sit back on the hill a watch some sky clad gals dancing around the fire. :D

Attachment 1899

Morpheus 11-29-2007 12:47 PM

I read it and I disagree, but I also think the writing was flawed. I am not flaming you, but if you think your argument was well thought out and presented you are mistaken. You only provide support for your view, and for the opposing view you offer only criticism. Then you haughtily state: Now that you are familiar with the theories of reincarnation, you can better form your own theory on the matter. This is likely as close to knowing the truth as we will ever come. However, I find it wiser to base theories on observed truth instead of basing theories on other theories. The truth is you have spoon fed only your dogma hoping that the weak minded will swallow it down like pablum. If you were truly convinced that any intelligent reader could be swayed to your particular fantasy then you would have presented both the PROs and CONs of BOTH theories. But the TRUTH is that you likely DON'T KNOW enough about Christianity or ascension theory as you describe it to intelligently present both sides. I do not fault you for this as I wouldn't feel particularly qualified to tackle either issue, but I do know when someone tries to piddle on my leg and tell me it's raining.

joepole 11-29-2007 01:07 PM

>If you were truly convinced that any intelligent reader could be swayed to your particular fantasy then you would have presented both the PROs and CONs of BOTH theories.

That is not a tenet of a successful argument. A successful argument offers the strengths of one side and the weaknesses of the other. Otherwise it's news, not an argument.

If you were arguing with me about whether or not the world was flat, would you give any evidence that supported my (obviously wrong) argument that it was, indeed, flat? Of course not.

Morpheus 11-29-2007 01:58 PM

au contraire my bum watching friend. If I were truly convinced that I was right then I could confidently take the pros of your argument and refute them, or at least cast serious doubt as to their validity.

If you don't do this then you have not proven anything and you have not won the argument. You're example regarding whether or not the world is flat is an excellent example of this.

More esoteric are faith based arguments, where you cannot "prove" anything. I don't agree with Tomoshibi's views, but I respect his right to choose his own "path" as I think he would say. However, I was not the one who was pretending to tell the truth and the whole truth so that others could make an informed decision, when in fact I had not.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com